blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600661 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »

think you are getting the wrong end of the stick here.

The ‘before tax’ was in relation to Ozil, as in his salary. He gets paid a gross of £350k then all the tax is sorted by him (£350k before tax). What he is left with with after paying all the necessary taxes is his salary after tax. As apposed to other players who manage to negotiate £xyz a week after tax, meaning the club are having to take into consideration all his other earnings and endorsements to what they are going to have to pay him to ensure he meets his contractual ‘net’.

I never read 'after tax' as anything other than net salary.  How can it mean anything else?  Why would you say 'after tax'?  Just say you are getting £350k a week and not mention tax?
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »

I am because you’re mentioning  Ozil and £550k.

He’s getting £350k a week, less after tax.  So what’s £550k got to do with anything?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »

I am because you’re mentioning  Ozil and £550k.

He’s getting £350k a week, less after tax.  So what’s £550k got to do with anything?

If he is getting £350k AFTER tax when you gross it up his gross salary before tax will be circa £550k.  The cost to Arsenal before employers NI as well.

The bbc have changed their report now to say BEFORE tax.  No problem.  It said AFTER tax a while ago i am sure.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:43 PM »

Ozil, 29, becomes the highest-paid player in the club's history - earning about £350,000 a week before tax.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42885533

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: January 31, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »

I am because you’re mentioning  Ozil and £550k.

He’s getting £350k a week, less after tax.  So what’s £550k got to do with anything?

If he is getting £350k AFTER tax when you gross it up his gross salary before tax will be circa £550k.  The cost to Arsenal before employers NI as well.

The bbc have changed their report now to say BEFORE tax.  No problem.  It said AFTER tax a while ago i am sure.

I understand how gross and net salary’s and how tax work.

You said that he got £350k before tax (correct) and the sentence after that that would work out at £550k. Misreading something in an article or not - those statements would still be wrong
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 31, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »

Pretty sure it said before tax when I posted it.

Still, he somehow has to get by on only £185k a week after tax which is the worst case scenario if he doesn't have an image* rights corporate avoidance scheme in place.

*Insert your own joke here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:56:16 PM by Longines » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: January 31, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »

Arsenal scored 114 goals in all competitions last year, 65 of them came from their top 3 scorers who have all been sold to rivals. The 5th and 6th top scorers have also left.

Better hope Auba and Lacazette crack on.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: January 31, 2018, 07:47:44 PM »

I believe it was Ruud Gullit who once said "I only talk netto" when discussing his salary - Mesut Ozil is far too refined to speak of such matters.

Alexis's salary amounts to £350K pw, plus a £30M signing-on fee split incrementally(£7.5Mx4) over the four years of his new contract, not to mention his seperate image rights deal. I'm not sure whether any or all of the aforementioned are netto or grosso.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: January 31, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »

Arsenal scored 114 goals in all competitions last year, 65 of them came from their top 3 scorers who have all been sold to rivals. The 5th and 6th top scorers have also left.

Proper rubdown counting Everton as rivals.   Maybe Man City and Chelsea aren't any more? 

Surely only Sanchez is a big loss? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »

Proper rubdown counting Everton as rivals.   Maybe Man City and Chelsea aren't any more? 

Walcott scores just to prove me wrong.  Will likely win England the World Cup with a hatrick in the final just for rubs.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: January 31, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »

Walcott scores just to prove me wrong.  Will likely win England the World Cup with a hatrick in the final just for rubs.

Some player that Walcott...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:41 PM »

Proper rubdown counting Everton as rivals.   Maybe Man City and Chelsea aren't any more?  

Walcott scores just to prove me wrong.  Will likely win England the World Cup with a hatrick in the final just for rubs.

Some player that Walcott...

Dead cott bounce

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: January 31, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »

Kind of says something when Walcott and the Ox have had fairly quick decent impacts whilst playing for their new clubs.  Both straight into starting line ups too.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: January 31, 2018, 10:54:32 PM »

There is no doubt we could be in a far worse position Ralph, for sure, however Wenger has now run out of reasons for our on the field performances. The team that won had some residual non Wenger picks, everything his manages/chooses/transfers....loses is his own doing/creation. No one elses. Just his, and for eight years he aint cut the mustard.

Being happy with getting 4th isnt acceptable for the 4th/5th richest club in the world.

As I wrote elsewhere, everything has a sell by date. Wenger is now green and covered in mould....

Incred to think this is 5 years ago and nothing's changed except we don't do top 4 any more.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: January 31, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

There is no doubt we could be in a far worse position Ralph, for sure, however Wenger has now run out of reasons for our on the field performances. The team that won had some residual non Wenger picks, everything his manages/chooses/transfers....loses is his own doing/creation. No one elses. Just his, and for eight years he aint cut the mustard.

Being happy with getting 4th isnt acceptable for the 4th/5th richest club in the world.

As I wrote elsewhere, everything has a sell by date. Wenger is now green and covered in mould....

Incred to think this is 5 years ago and nothing's changed except we don't do top 4 any more.

Don't exaggerate, ffs!

Only 4 years, 11 months, and a week.

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: