blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604987 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »

As do 4/5 other clubs that would want him. United, Chelsea, City, Real would all be in for him and I'm afraid Arsenal are bottom of the pecking order in this list.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 01, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »

As do 4/5 other clubs that would want him. United, Chelsea, City, Real would all be in for him and I'm afraid Arsenal are bottom of the pecking order in this list.

Not sure they would be bottom in the list .

His preference would seem to be to link up with Van Gaal again.

Why would you put Arsenal last out of the others ?
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 01, 2015, 06:04:40 PM »

Because they wouldn't pay him 300k a week
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »

Because they wouldn't pay him 300k a week

But London is far more attractive than Manchester. I am sure he could survive on a bit less and a better
quality of life.

I get your point it , it is highly unlikely but I would love Wenger to pull out all the stops and at least try to
get him or Stones. Don't think they will have a better chance of winning the Premiership again.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 01, 2015, 06:28:56 PM »

Yeh I agree. But it seems City have a big pull, all the money and a great team, and United have a huge wad burning a hole in their back pocket, ready to do something ridiculous. The guy from Dortmund (spiderman guy) seems like a much better fit for Arsenal and is likely to be 50m cheaper and a lot more obtainable.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 01, 2015, 07:28:22 PM »

Wenger looks poor in my opinion for not adding necessary depth to his squad.  Especially with the Coquelin situation.  He's a stubborn man and Arsenal suffer for it.

What exactly was he supposed to have done to compensate for 10 first team players out at a time? Bought a bunch of deadwood this summer which plays a couple of games then rots in the reserves for 4 years picking up 50k a week?

Why would they be deadwood.  Was it not painfully obvious they were short of cover at defensive mid?
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »

Wenger looks poor in my opinion for not adding necessary depth to his squad.  Especially with the Coquelin situation.  He's a stubborn man and Arsenal suffer for it.

What exactly was he supposed to have done to compensate for 10 first team players out at a time? Bought a bunch of deadwood this summer which plays a couple of games then rots in the reserves for 4 years picking up 50k a week?

Why would they be deadwood.  Was it not painfully obvious they were short of cover at defensive mid?

They had Flamini and Arteta for the role. When Wenger bought Calum Chambers, he said he saw his long term future as a DM.
That's 3 players that can play the role. That's overstocked, if anything.
You might say they aren't good enough but it's a difficult balancing act having someone who is both very, very capable to fill in and is also happy to sit out most of the games on the bench when the 1st choice is fit.
Debuchy is an example of this. He is a very decent fullback but he's not going to get many games with Bellerin there and if he wants to play in the Euros, he'll need to move club, which he has made mention of in the press.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 01, 2015, 07:45:15 PM »

They had Flamini and Arteta for the role. When Wenger bought Calum Chambers, he said he saw his long term future as a DM.
You might say they aren't good enough but it's a difficult balancing act having someone who is both very, very capable to fill in and is also happy to sit out most of the games on the bench when the 1st choice is fit.
Debuchy is an example of this. He is a very decent fullback but he's not going to get many games with Bellerin there and if he wants to play in the Euros, he'll need to move club, which he has made mention of in the press.

If we're talking deadwood then Flamini and Arteta fit the bill these days in terms of a title challenging club.  I can't accept that there isn't a single player in Europe who isn't superior to that pair and would be happy to be a rotation player.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 01, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »

If we're talking deadwood then Flamini and Arteta fit the bill these days in terms of a title challenging club.  I can't accept that there isn't a single player in Europe who isn't superior to that pair and would be happy to be a rotation player.

Arteta I might agree with but Flamini is decent.
I think he always looks like he might have a mistake in him but he does a job. Chambers may or may not develop into that role, we'll have to see. And perhaps there might be another kid coming through from the academy, I don't know?
And we're not talking about a 'rotation' role. If Coquelin stays fit, he plays 90% of matches. Perhaps there is a player in Europe who fits that role, who is better than Flamini and is content to play maybe 5 or 6 games a season but it certainly isn't easy to find them.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 01, 2015, 11:31:06 PM »

Yeh Arsenal stocked on midfield. It's up front where they're short and he should've strengthened. If Giroud gets injured they're really struggling

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 02, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2015/08/21/from-man-utd-at-1-8bn-to-cherries-at-104m-whats-your-club-worth-210803/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 02, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »

Now you see the real value of Wenger. A good part of that is down to him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 02, 2015, 02:10:05 PM »

No Idea how they work this out but surely city's training ground (£200m) be Bruyne (55m) and sterling (50m) can't make up more than 1/3 of their entire net worth?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 02, 2015, 02:56:46 PM »

City don't own their stadium

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 02, 2015, 10:00:33 PM »

At what point do Arsenal start to regret not parting ways with Wenger while Klopp was there sitting, waiting for a phonecall?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: