blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604119 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: October 23, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »

Go on say it.

You know you want to...

Go on.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: October 23, 2018, 12:16:39 PM »

Go on say it.

You know you want to...

Go on.......

Nope, not biting.

For some balance, though, a chap called @gamblinglamb on Twitter, who is AlunB on blonde but rarely posts here these days, (and a very wise chap indeed considering he is of Welsh origin) wrote this last night;

There’s something so desperately sad about the arsenal fans right now. You just know their happy innocence is going to end up in a torpor of self loathing and anger in a few months. And yet...it’s like their basking in the sunshine before the storm comes that destroys their home.

Proper spoilsport is Alun.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 23, 2018, 12:30:15 PM »

Go on say it.

You know you want to...

Go on.......

Nope, not biting.

For some balance, though, a chap called @gamblinglamb on Twitter, who is AlunB on blonde but rarely posts here these days, (and a very wise chap indeed considering he is of Welsh origin) wrote this last night;

There’s something so desperately sad about the arsenal fans right now. You just know their happy innocence is going to end up in a torpor of self loathing and anger in a few months. And yet...it’s like their basking in the sunshine before the storm comes that destroys their home.

Proper spoilsport is Alun.

People like Alan(!) dont understand then.

They didnt spend the last ten years seeing and feeling the gradual sapping of everything good out of the Arsenal enigma.

Its one dimensional to supporters of other teams.

I'm under no illusion, its a very very long way back, but we had to start somewhere. I dont think we are anywhere near the glory days, and I doubt ANY Arsenal supporter is that delluded. But we are showing the type of enthusiasm we havent shown for quite some time. That is a massive difference.

I fully expect us to enter losing runs, but feel there is hope ahead.

This time last year, I didnt.

Alans not spoiling my party, however short it lasts.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: October 23, 2018, 12:46:27 PM »

People like Alan(!) dont understand then.

He gets VERY cross about his name, which he insists is Alun not Alan, & pronounced Al-in.  Typically obstinate Welshman.

https://twitter.com/gamblinglamb

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 23, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »

Good to see Arsenal have some belief back, but they have no chance whatsoever of winning the PL. Fourth would be an incred achievement imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 23, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »

Good to see Arsenal have some belief back, but they have no chance whatsoever of winning the PL. Fourth would be an incred achievement imo.

Yup.

It's strange how annoyed we got with finishing 4th every year, yet it would now feel like an achievement.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »

Yup.

It's strange how annoyed we got with finishing 4th every year, yet it would now feel like an achievement.

It would be an achievement to finish 4th this year, but not nearly as great as during the 4/5 years of our stadium move on severely limited resources.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 23, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »

Should be expected to finish fourth this year against a spurs side that spent nothing
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 23, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »

I think arsenal are a cracking bet to top 4 imo.  I am amazed at the prices.  Arsenal are totally unexposed under this new gaffer and could easily 'flat track bully' their way to a top 4 and play terrible as usual against the big boys.  Manure could finish anywhere this season for me. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: October 23, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »

I think arsenal are a cracking bet to top 4 imo.  I am amazed at the prices.  Arsenal are totally unexposed under this new gaffer and could easily 'flat track bully' their way to a top 4 and play terrible as usual against the big boys.  Manure could finish anywhere this season for me

Apart from 1st?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: October 23, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »

^^^^^

In like a shot.

I've not suggested they would win, but they are currently 2 points behind Man City (4/7) & Liverpool (5/2), so with 33/1 still available I know where my EW money would go if I were betting. (I'm not). Chelsea? 12/1.

For bants, Man U are available at 100/1. Even that tempts EW.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:04:00 PM by tikay » Logged

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »

Yup.

It would be an achievement to finish 4th this year, but not nearly as great as during the 4/5 years of our stadium move on severely limited resources.

It lives!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:08:40 AM by TightEnd » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 25, 2018, 03:43:33 PM »

In the last five years Arsene Wenger won more trophies than maureen, poch, and klopp combined.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 25, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »

Those managers would have been trying to win the league or qualify for Europe instead of a shitty fa Cup
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 25, 2018, 05:09:50 PM »

In the last five years Arsene Wenger won more trophies than maureen, poch, and klopp combined.

But none that matter in the present day.

Its all about PL and CL at our level.

Times change........

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: