blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604715 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: December 05, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »

Wenger did leave us in a relatively good position.

His problem was he didn't press the guys buttons anymore.

If he had ambition, it was certainly not clear to the fans, and from the change of attitude from the players, not clear to them either.

I guess they felt rudderless and had the same old lines wheeled out every week.

General word has it that he never gave anyone much of a rollicking and in sport you need that, especially when things aren't right.

He just carried on well past his sell by date at our club.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: December 05, 2018, 08:03:09 PM »

Really looking forward to this, fingers crossed for a good game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: December 05, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »

Cheers, tikay  thumbs up

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: December 05, 2018, 10:03:24 PM »

Cheers, tikay  thumbs up

Imagine how many Arsenal would have put past the Saints!!!!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: December 05, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »

Thought Man U were really slick and creative today - not sure why people are on Merino's case when he can still pull out a tactical masterclass at will

sola virtus nobilitat
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: December 05, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »

Cheers, tikay  thumbs up

It was more of a defensive performance on Sunday than the headline score suggested:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: December 05, 2018, 10:40:23 PM »

Rob Holding's knee-injury looks like it might be a bad one - I hope I'm wrong as he's really starting to blossom as a top-class defender this season.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:31 AM »

Cheers, tikay  thumbs up

It was more of a defensive performance on Sunday than the headline score suggested:

Bob Nudd would be so proud...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »

Another perceptive piece beautifully written by Tim Stillman:

https://arseblog.com/2018/12/bricks-in-the-wall/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: December 07, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »

Here's one for the anti-Wenger crew to volley in;

"Since I don't compete any more, I get a trophy every week," Wenger joked.

"How stupid was I not to understand that earlier?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46479522

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: December 08, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »

Well we made hard work of that, and it looked like our third game in six days and fourth in ten following the NLD and untied away as we generally huffed and puffed as they systematically fouled us; the rookie referee didn't help either chalking off a perfectly good goal from Lacazette and generally looking out of his depth, certainly in the first half.

The old familiar 1-0 to The Arsenal and another three points in the bag will do thanks to Lucas Torreira.

On the minus side we now have both Sokkertits and Mustafi suspended for Southampton away next weekend having received their fifth yellow cards.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: December 08, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »

Well we made hard work of that, and it looked like our third game in six days and fourth in ten following the NLD and untied away as we generally huffed and puffed as they systematically fouled us; the rookie referee didn't help either chalking off a perfectly good goal from Lacazette and generally looking out of his depth, certainly in the first half.

The old familiar 1-0 to The Arsenal and another three points in the bag will do thanks to Lucas Torreira.

On the minus side we now have both Sokkertits and Mustafi suspended for Southampton away next weekend having received their fifth yellow cards.

Not the worst fixture to have a couple of players suspended for though is it?.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: December 08, 2018, 08:17:40 PM »

Not the worst fixture to have a couple of players suspended for though is it?.

Not usually, but coming hot on the heels of Rob Holding's injury and with promising young Greek Mavropanos still injured too, we're running a little low on CD's.

On the bright side Monreal and Koscielny were on the bench today with Nacho playing ~20 minutes so I'm sure we'll cobble something together.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: December 09, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »

Wasn’t the ref Paul Tierney?  If so he’s been doing premier league for 4 years and is one of the best in my view.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: December 09, 2018, 06:41:16 PM »

Wasn’t the ref Paul Tierney?  If so he’s been doing premier league for 4 years and is one of the best in my view.

Just done some research and he's ref'ed 42 PL matches - so not as much of a rookie as I thought - I think someone said it was his first match at Emirates' stadium which led to me thinking that - well that and the way he conducted himself.

He almost lost control of the match in the first half letting Huddersfield get away with half-a-dozen cynical fouls before wrongly booking Xakha for diving when he was clearly caught from behind - this was in midfield after he had gone past their guy - that was the first card of the game and led to him dishing out 5/6 yellow cards in less than ten minutes.

It was the worst display of refereeing that I have seen in a long long time.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: