blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tennis Staking Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tennis Staking Thread  (Read 78908 times)
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »

he makes profit from tennis

he loses in horses football roulette black jack high card and flips

ppl are staking him for tennis......

So, if you know that he is good at Tennis, and shit at other stuff, why doesn't HE know that and make a decent profit and JUST do tennis?

R u real?
To coin a phrase, degens gonna degen.

Embracing the variance.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2012, 12:23:20 AM »

I don't think he set out to grim anyone but his addiction may have led him to do so at a later point if this had got going.
As for him being profitable at tennis, there is some proof that he may be (his tennis diary obv) but it's not conclusive.
The figures in that diary may have been massaged somewhat, he may have quoted the top prices that he could have gotten but they may have already gone by the time he backed it, for instance.  
And maybe he just ran really good for a month. I don't use Betfair so I don't know but can you get an history of all tennis bets struck on an account? If so, that should be looked at to really ascertain how profitable (or not) he is.
Hope everybody gets their money back anyway.
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »

I have no idea how people have decided that over the course of a short diary someone who:

- has kept a massively skewed record of results (staking waaaaay more units at the end than the start) - I'd be very interested to see his record in terms of how many winners he had versus what he was in for (implicitly from the odds). Suspect it won't be particularly great.
- has a small sample -  seriously, people are using a month of results to determine he's profitable - about 250 bets which seems like way way too much volume...
- is not a pro but supposedly is able to research about 10 EV+ bets a day
- posts things related to betting which imply that he's not likely to be a winner (e.g. suggesting that over the course of the month he learnt that the best money was in play...how anyone could learn how to beat in play tennis betting in the course of a month is beyond me)
- is a degen in other areas (and has admitted to this) - the argument seems to be 'oh but he's only a degen in football, roulette etc' but what's the stop him blowing up in the tennis and making a tilt bet? Being a degen in general makes this far more likely than an average person.
- needs staking at all - if he's that good and is able to beat tennis match odds he'll be rolling in the money in no time at all...and if he's not because of degeneracy then why would you stake someone like that anyway?

would be a good candidate for staking.

Yes, he could be profitable and stopped from being a degen but how could it be possible be EV+ to essentially make a bet that that would be the case?

Hope people get there money back but it didn't look good from the outset and certainly does not look good now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:13:51 AM by adnmdv » Logged
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »

he makes profit from tennis

he loses in horses football roulette black jack high card and flips

ppl are staking him for tennis......

So, if you know that he is good at Tennis, and shit at other stuff, why doesn't HE know that and make a decent profit and JUST do tennis?

R u real?

Funnily enough, I was being quite serious.!  Someone else just posted a much better post than mine but questioning the same thing. Its no skin off my nose, but I find it quite odd that stakers are prepared to stake out of money degen gamblers.!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

Nearly time for us to face the music, with no sign of the Hero/Villain in several days.

Apart from Very Tall Person, & Mr Nipple, (£200 each) did anyone else fail to get refunded, & if so, how much?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »

Nearly time for us to face the music, with no sign of the Hero/Villain in several days.

Apart from Very Tall Person, & Mr Nipple, (£200 each) did anyone else fail to get refunded, & if so, how much?

Should we call the police?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »

I did say I'd vouch so if the money hasn't been repaid I guess I owe it

Give it a few days before worrying tho- if he did get kicked out his parents house he might not even have a laptop
LukeAndMark

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

he does have internet but only at the library so cant get on this site due to filters. He owes us money as well so waiting to hear from him about that

unless...

Dubai - can you vouch for it?

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

lol tossers

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »

he does have internet but only at the library so cant get on this site due to filters. He owes us money as well so waiting to hear from him about that

unless...

Are you Mantis in disguise?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

Why does he only have internet at the library?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »

unless...

you are a legend Keith. have to say mantis makes me chuckle too tho

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »

unless...

You must be easily pleased Jason!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »

unless...

You must be easily pleased Jason!
just your everyday regular wanker mate Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »

unless...

Camel you would do well to remember I haven’t stolen anybody’s money so maybe you should save the character flaming for yo friend Solaris. I don't see you saying one word against him so far.

Seems you think my involvement has caused some kinda harm or distress to fellow blonde members so it's your duty to step in and play the white man. The reality is you suggested and encouraged this thread. You said staking Solaris was a win win situation. You fanned the flames and others followed ur lead. You apologised and said it was mostly your fault. You discovered Solaris was a skint degen and still encouraged him to gamble blonde dollar. Days after the money should have gone back you pop up asking where your hero is.

On balance your involvement stinks so you’ve got one brass neck twirling the camel handbag in my direction cos i made a joke.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: