blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Issues Arising from Staking
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issues Arising from Staking  (Read 82160 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2013, 05:36:34 PM »

I don't really give a shit why someone posts. people come people go.

if he truly came specifically to get 300 asap and whack up a thread, why the 1k word posts alot lol.

LOL +1

lol +1

etc etc = unacceptable.

markets still got to judge him based on what he offers.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »

I don't really give a shit why someone posts. people come people go.

if he truly came specifically to get 300 asap and whack up a thread, why the 1k word posts alot lol.

LOL +1

lol +1

etc etc = unacceptable.

markets still got to judge him based on what he offers.

because mods just delete those posts and reset their count

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »

With accomodation and flights booked, those costs are sunk, regardless of shares sold at this point.

As I understand it, a lot of unsold shares remain, coupled with the fact that the retained portion is on stake anyway!  In other words, this would be an example of someone who needs a lot of assistance to play the proposed schedule.  Plenty of room there to be community spirited when putting up that thread.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

What Wazz may not realise is the time taken to get to 300 posts is giving a lot of time to people to think up jokes about massages.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »

What Wazz may not realise is the time taken to get to 300 posts is giving a lot of time to people to think up jokes about massages.

Yeah. Guess he's hoping for a happy ending.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »

I have no idea who was is but
1 he meets the been a member for atleast 3 months rule
2 his posts make a good read and are very thought out wish some of the mods would put in as much thought in there posts and learn to type and spell
3 if the package wazz is wanting to put up is on 2+2 and all the major buyers on blonde know this then putting it on here wont make a difference but adding to the comunity as he is doing will help in future stakes if he continues

mr camel you trying to tell me I wasnt value at that huge markup I charged for a shark infested event?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

I've heard them all and to be honest I'm getting a little sore about it.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »

I have no idea whatvyhe score with masage is but surely if your getting sorr about it she is doing it wrong

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

I have no idea who was is but
1 he meets the been a member for atleast 3 months rule
2 his posts make a good read and are very thought out wish some of the mods would put in as much thought in there posts and learn to type and spell
3 if the package wazz is wanting to put up is on 2+2 and all the major buyers on blonde know this then putting it on here wont make a difference but adding to the comunity as he is doing will help in future stakes if he continues

mr camel you trying to tell me I wasnt value at that huge markup I charged for a shark infested event?

wondered how long it would take before you showed up.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »

rofl massages are good for soreness. WEEEEEEEE
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »

rofl massages are good for soreness. WEEEEEEEE

I'm even moving too slowly around the forum too now...

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »

Regarding Wazz, I have already told him that he should stop bumping 3 year old threads - and he stopped doing so. And I have already warned him he is unlikely to sell his package when he gets to 300 posts.

He realises he probably won't sell, yet he is still posting. And he is making a proper effort with his posts, and offering insightful contributions - rather than just loads of one-liners trying to get to 300 posts real quickly. Also, I have been telling him how good Blonde is, and encouraging him to post on here, for ages - and I hope that this is at least part of the reason he is posting on here.

When Michael does finally get to 300 posts I might even provide a 'reference' for him if he puts up a staking thread. He has not asked me to do this, and I have not offered or discussed it with him (neither have I discussed with him what I am writing ITT). It will be a very honest reference though, and will include some weird/warts'n'all stuff as well. But my conclusion will still be that I would recommend buying action from him - as long as he doesn't take the piss with the price. If for no other reason that you always get an outside chance to be involved in something hilarious if he fucks up a la massagegate. He is a character, and he makes a lot of mistakes. But he is one of the good guys.

Tbh, even what has happened with the whole 300 posts thing sums Michael up in a way. He often accidentally ends up making himself look silly in some way, and this is just another example. It would have been so much better if he just took his time and made a few posts here and there, and slowly became a valued part of the community. He wouldn't have got to 300 posts before Vegas that way, but he should have accepted this rather than make himself look silly. But he always seems to get himself into trouble/controversy in some way. That is partly what I love about him though. He is good value because he is always prone to make a fool of himself. And I like that, and sympathise with it, because I am exactly the same!

I would still advise Michael to sell at either 1.0 (or maybe 1.1) though... because my personal opinion is that the mark-up situation is getting ridiculous ATM and it makes a great statement to sell your first couple of packages at zero or nominal mark up. I won't be buying either way, not because I'd consider him bad value but because I am not buying any action right now. I am so naused by staking/buying action at the moment that I have given up for the time being.

For reference, here is what I wrote a few years ago about Michael when the San Remo thing all kicked off. It provides a balanced viewpoint on him IMO, since it does not seek to excuse his mistakes and it makes clear the 'idiosyncracies' in his character.

guy in my cash game last night who will remain nameless, and knows mike said he was pretty convinced he was using the money to play with.

This is a bit in the vein of "bloke down t'pub told me..."

Did the guy tell you what evidence he had that this was the case, or how well he knew Michael? Or was he just bitching, stirring, or guessing?

I can understand why blonde regs are conditioned to assuming the worst in these type of matters, given the recent blatch stuff etc. But a great deal of what has been said on this thread (like the post I quoted) is merely dealing in rumours, speculation, guesses and hearsay. And it's not very fair on Michael. Neither is it very helpful. The thing is, when Greekstein posts this it is going to be read by a lot of people. He is a respected poster here (and from what a lot of people have told me he is a top guy too) so at least some people will assume that Greekstein is personally endorsing what this random guy has said to him, and will make judgements accordingly. When really there is no substance behind what he says, other than just some random bloke telling him "Michael Piper you say? Yes,  I know him ... I'll bet he's using that money to play poker with".

I know Michael really well. He is not broke. He has the money and everyone will get paid. He has acted like a complete idiot in this obviously. And he has destroyed his reputation in the process (on 2+2 especially where he was pretty well-respected as a poster, coach and moderator). It's all his own fault of course. He has been lazy, irresponsible, and incompetent. And he's made some serious errors in judgement (for example massagegate was lol really, but it shows how unintentionally clueless and inappropriate he can be). But he has not ripped anyone off, is not going to do so, and he has never had any intention of doing so. He is just one of those people who has a tendency to act in totally inappropriate ways, get carried away, and fuck things up by accident. He is a really nice guy, but he makes a mess of things from time to time just because, well ... he fails a bit at life. I even use the expression "you've done a Michael" when he does this sort of thing. Honestly, he is one of the good guys. He is, however, also a doofus. We all know someone like this I'm sure, and many of us (me included) have a bit of the doofus in us ourselves.

The most important thing is that Michael realises that he has fucked up, and he is doing everything he can to make sure it's all put right as soon as possible. Go easy on him. Instead of slagging him or hating him, think of him like he is your slightly clueless 16 year old brother who keeps fucking things up for himself and others, but whose heart is in the right place, and is learning (slowly) how to deal with life.

BTW, he cleared the whole San Remo thing up as quickly as possible after the shit hit the fan. Everyone got paid. The reason for the ridiculous delay (if I remember) was simply because he had to fill in loads of paperwork to get the Euros he won transferred into his English bank account. And he kept putting it off every day because it was a hassle, and could 'wait until tomorrow'. And he put if off till tomorrow for about six months! As someone who has in the past put off annoying jobs 'till tomorrow' for over a year, I can sympathise with this. It doesn't make it right, of course. Especially when other people's money was involved. But he didn't do it to rip anyone off - he was just lazy and clueless and incompetent. Bless.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:01:36 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »

i thought the problem was because he wanted to keep the money and then make money with the exchange rates and people buying money in vegas or something to that effect, but yeh i got nnp with him and genuinely like him.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: June 02, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »

i thought the problem was because he wanted to keep the money and then make money with the exchange rates and people buying money in vegas or something to that effect, but yeh i got nnp with him and genuinely like him.

There was some sort of side-issue with currency conversion. But this was not the main issue, and it was misunderstood at the time (mainly due to Michael's bad explanation of what was happening which was quite understandably misconstrued).

At least as far as I remember anyway.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 02, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

There was some sort of side-issue with currency conversion. But this was not the main issue, and it was misunderstood at the time (mainly due to Michael's bad explanation of what was happening which was quite understandably misconstrued).

At least as far as I remember anyway.

tbh I have no idea why this didn't sell on 2+2

Well written, decent value proposal.

Much better value than a lot of the things which snap sell out.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: