blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 488459 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: February 09, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »

I really do think it's for the best that BDO does get removed. It really is awful stuff and quite painful to watch

^^^ This. I absolutely love darts, but can't bring myself to watch this garbage, never mind place a bet on it.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 09, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »

When people comment that the BDO is terrible etc..., it kind of misses the point. It's like saying that Championship footie is really bad and shouldn't be on the TV.

The problem is that the BDO gets directly compared to the PDC. (Not only that, the later stages of the PDC is on TV directly before/at the same time, as the first round BDO).
It's clear that the BDO have just about accepted their position as a Division 1 of darts / feeder to the PDC. It's no longer directly competing with the PDC, it's a different thing.
I watched a bit of this years, and there were a few decent games, a handful of competitors with interesting stories, and having the ladies in there, who appear to be improving in standard, gives them a bit of something different.
Definitely would benefit from a calendar adjustment though.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »

exactly that

it exists as a reward for the amateur and county player

whether it should be televised is another matter, but the BDO viewer appears to want to be something it cannot possibly be, which is a higher standard, given these guys are part-time

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 09, 2016, 07:38:56 PM »

exactly that

whether it should be televised is another matter, but the BDO viewer appears to want to be something it cannot possibly be, which is a higher standard, given these guys are part-time

A rebrand / tweaking of the title may help. There is an unrealistic expectation based on history, and the arrogance of the BDO. Take that away and then it stands, or falls, based on its relevance as a product.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 09, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »

exactly that

A rebrand / tweaking of the title may help. There is an unrealistic expectation based on history, and the arrogance of the BDO. Take that away and then it stands, or falls, based on its relevance as a product.

PDC Div2

I agree.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:08 AM »

GG BDO. They only really have themselves to blame. The board are clueless and have been for many years. The latest shambles with De:Luxe and the supposed new tournaments sums them up. With no terrestrial TV coverage (and possibly no coverage at all) it will die slowly.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: February 25, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »

It can't really get better than that can it? 123.4 ave. Missed a dart at D18 to win 7-0 with a 136 ave.the kid can play a bit.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 26, 2016, 10:25:22 AM »

Did he hit the 9 darter?  My stream went down and I wasn't sure. 
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: February 26, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »

Did he hit the 9 darter?  My stream went down and I wasn't sure. 

No back to back 10 darters but no 9
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 26, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »

Van Gerwen rattled in finishes of 11, 12, 11, 12, 10 and 10 darts in the first six legs as he wrapped up victory in just over 10 minutes.
KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 26, 2016, 01:33:09 PM »

I really do think it's for the best that BDO does get removed. It really is awful stuff and quite painful to watch

^^^ This. I absolutely love darts, but can't bring myself to watch this garbage, never mind place a bet on it.

It's hardly 'garbage'. It's still a good standard.

Irks me when people put it down like this... There are some excellent players on that side.

I suppose you want us stuck with Barry's massivs piss ups in Arenas where half the crowd aren't even watching the game, where players are getting booed mercilessly on doubles by drunk neanderthals who think it's funny. See King vs Van Gerwen in the GP final for the worst example.

I love all darts, but the game on the PDC side really has been turned into something I don't like. I appreciate I'm in the minority, here.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 26, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »

Irks me when people put it down like this... There are some excellent players on that side.

I suppose you want us stuck with Barry's massivs piss ups in Arenas where half the crowd aren't even watching the game, where players are getting booed mercilessly on doubles by drunk neanderthals who think it's funny. See King vs Van Gerwen in the GP final for the worst example.

I love all darts, but the game on the PDC side really has been turned into something I don't like. I appreciate I'm in the minority, here.

Good standard?  You can't be serious.  There are a few exceptions but the standard for professionals is pretty terrible, I've watched pub darts that are better in quality and excitement.   
KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 26, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »

Good standard?  You can't be serious.  There are a few exceptions but the standard for professionals is pretty terrible, I've watched pub darts that are better in quality and excitement.   

It's a good job that the vast majority of them aren't professionals, then. It IS a good standard. No, it's not 100+ averages every week, but if you don't even think mid 80s is a good standard, you haven't played much darts.

It still serves a grand purpose. It's the grass roots of darts and is affordable for thousands of people to play, rather than getting people to pay hundreds of quid to enter Q School and hundreds more for a "tour card".

Hearn really is a genius. Selling a dream to these poor people who dream of making it big as a "pro" darts player.

I understand that the PDC is higher quality and a different product, but suggesting the BDO is removed is ridiculous. It has its place.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 26, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »

Agree with Kit, some good players in the BDO and it still provides an entertaining betting platform post PDC World Cships.

Crowds getting worse and worse in the PDC every week it seems, a couple of years ago they were entertaining and witty with their songs, now its just the same old dull moronic stuff like "boring, boring tables" and the shitty Toure song non-stop.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: February 26, 2016, 04:37:24 PM »

Agree with Kit, some good players in the BDO and it still provides an entertaining betting platform post PDC World Cships.

Crowds getting worse and worse in the PDC every week it seems, a couple of years ago they were entertaining and witty with their songs, now its just the same old dull moronic stuff like "boring, boring tables" and the shitty Toure song non-stop.

The talent pool is getting pretty shallow now though to be fair and with the latest fiasco over the proposed new tournaments not happening I can see a mass exodus next year. No TV coverage as it stands for Lakeside is also a major issue.

Agree about the PDC crowds though.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: