blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020566 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: May 21, 2015, 11:52:36 PM »

Couple of bets for me today. Back to my Brian Meehan yard i always have followed, barring an awful season last year has always done well with his horses in spells in my opinion. Adz might disagree, but he has had a cracking start to the season, and has had horses winning first time out when usually they always need a run. Lets hope last year is behind him and he will have a great season ahead.

Critical Risk Sandown 1825- 8pts WIN! Won last time out in a nice handicap at Doncaster, small penalty today and stable fully expect this horse to go in again today. 3/1 in places still.

Maraakib 350pm Goodwood- 1pt Each Way-Seasonal Debut behind him, and expected to perform a lot better now stepped up in trip. Dane on board and a lot worse speculative punts than this horse about today at 33/1.

Good Luck me, and anyone else considering a nibble.

n1 still unsure how he doesnt swamp sugar boy. Looks good for loads more. Awful ride and stops like a rock when he gets there

Hughes took the scenic route, looked like he was going to win going away, and was eventually lucky the line came.

Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »

Yeah, was a little bit dissapointing he didnt win going away as he flew home in the last furlong and his turn of foot left the field in his wake.

Sticking with the Meehan factor, he was sending 2 to Goodwood today, inculding Great fun in the 2nd race, but that is now a non runner. This was also a non runner at the back end of last week, thought to be the ground, but this one went straight into my notebook earlier this season when winning well first time out. Keep an eye out for its next run, could be a good thing.

His other runner today is Able Spirit, in the 545 race at Goodwood. Sticking to the old rule of following a trainer and his better horses when the stable is super hot, im going to be all over the early 8/1 available on this, as i reckon it could go off around the 9/2-4/1 mark. The only concern i have is its first time out, but Meehan has had 4 winners out of 6 winning first time out as a returning 3 year old on the grass. Gelded over the winter, looked like it had a few good races in him from reports last year, and ran about a bit and ran too freely once too often. Could be a steal at . 5pts win for me.

Also Scalzo, Haydock 1505, 3pt win at 7/2. Fella i know from up north texted me this at 7am, and fancied strongly in the meade yard apparently.

Good Luck
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: May 22, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

Nice Seven length Easy 7/2 winner for the first selection. Lets hope the other one is just as easy.

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: May 22, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

Absolutely hosed up.  Cheers Freddie Smiley
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: May 22, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »

Nice one, thanks for posting.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: May 22, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »

Backed into 6/1 now drifted to tens. Be rude not too have another dabble I think 😉
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: May 23, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »

Couple of nice picks recently Freddie.

Was v impressed with Scalzo. Could go a long way.

For those that can utilise the Skybet Money back jobbie in the 1.45, Im like Educate(9-1, but 11s elsewhere). With doubts around the round couple, Educate seems to be running into form. Remote could be anything, but with a couple of the shorter priced ones first time out, Educate will be fit as a flea, and at the price, looks ok to me.

I think the Temple Stakes could be a rerun of last year with Hot Streak and Pearl Secret, with slight pref for the latter.

Best bet of the day for me will be while most of Fred are watching Latvia belting one out. Brittleton in the 8.15 at Salis was a horse I wanted to follow this year and following a promising pipe opener on the dirt, a race where the form looks v tidy, I think he should continue to progress and 9-2 is nice. Even though its not a maths ew race, at 9-2 I cant see him being out of the frame. GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: May 23, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »

hanagan having a competition today for worst ride, against himself.

So lucky hes got such an amazing book/ loyalest owner in racing because hes absolute terrible imo.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: May 23, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »

Not sure. Crowley deciding to give everyone twenty lengths on Felix Mendelssohn was up there. That was until Richard Hughes gave up a day's racing over here to ride Sole Power seven furlongs in a six furlong race.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: May 23, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »

Not sure. Crowley deciding to give everyone twenty lengths on Felix Mendelssohn was up there. That was until Richard Hughes gave up a day's racing over here to ride Sole Power seven furlongs in a six furlong race.

Was never going to win, needs it fast and 5f, it just ran because it needs a run imo. Dont think its ever done anything over 6f.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: May 23, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »

Hughes said as much yesterday on RUK.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: May 23, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Was never going to win, needs it fast and 5f, it just ran because it needs a run imo. Dont think its ever done anything over 6f.

Maybe not, but I would rather the jockey gave the horse a chance of winning.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: May 23, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »

Never been a fan of Jamie Spencer, he has just given Gathering Power a shit ride there.

Awful :-(
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: May 23, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »

Maybe not, but I would rather the jockey gave the horse a chance of winning.

As the boys said Tal,lay of the day. Target will be RA, but needed a warm up.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: May 23, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »

I need to moan one in.

Way too many seconds today.

Educate

Maarek

Endless Drama

Opal Tiara

Dr Redeye.

Come on Pearl!!!

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: