blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1018960 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: August 01, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »

Nice one 4KS, got me out of the goodwood hole

Surprised you didn't get 20s a few weeks back.

I do tend to get bigger prices, did I tell you about 33/1 I got on Sunderland?

Treble with Breton Rock and Thechildren'strust?

How did you know? Shame I added Qewy into it though.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: August 01, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »

Nice one 4KS, got me out of the goodwood hole

Surprised you didn't get 20s a few weeks back.

I do tend to get bigger prices, did I tell you about 33/1 I got on Sunderland?

Go on my son   Smiley
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: August 02, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »

Goodwood Wednesday

3:35 Sussex Stakes
Really can't see beyond Ribchester or Churchill for the win, but not much value there. With arm twisted, I'd go for Dettori on French raider Zelzal for the possible upset, but at 8/1 and with possible rain going against this one, it's best to wait till nearer the off. Rationale: it's won a Group 1 in France; its been held up perhaps too far back in the field & given too much to do in last race; Dettori is a master (IMO) at riding from the front and we could well see him tuck behind the front couple in a fast run race.
http://m.oddschecker.com/m/horse-racing/goodwood/15:35/winner

EDIT: Just seen Doobs' rec for this on TfT, written earlier this morning when price was 11 & 10 available. I bow to his superior knowledge, obv.

3:00 Molecomb Stakes
Invincible Army looks the one to me. Back down to the min trip is in its favour judging from its last race when fading over 6f in a Group 2 at Newmarket. That was only this colt's 3rd start against more experienced rivals. Should learn from that, and with a plum draw this looks like a solid "free" bet EW @ 5/1
http://m.oddschecker.com/m/horse-racing/goodwood/15:00/winner
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:42:04 AM by 4KSuited » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: August 02, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »

Goodwood Wednesday

Really can't see beyond Ribchester or Churchill for the win, but not much value there. With arm twisted, I'd go for Dettori on French raider Zelzal for the possible upset, but at 8/1 and with possible rain going against this one, it's best to wait till nearer the off. Rationale: it's won a Group 1 in France; its been held up perhaps too far back in the field & given too much to do in last race; Dettori is a master (IMO) at riding from the front and we could well see him tuck behind the front couple in a fast run race.

Invincible Army looks the one to me. Back down to the min trip is in its favour judging from its last race when fading over 6f in a Group 2 at Newmarket. That was only this colt's 3rd start against more experienced rivals. Should learn from that, and with a plum draw this looks like a solid "free" bet EW @ 5/1

Hello 4K

I put up that Zelzal in the Sussex on tft too.  If you are backing it, take the e/w it is gold.  Even if people don't like Zelzal, loads of them are great e/w.  Rich Trigg put up Here Comes When on there too.  If you get the 66/1, you get 13/1 the place, which is very good if it goes soft. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: August 02, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »

Goodwood Wednesday

Hello 4K

I put up that Zelzal in the Sussex on tft too.  If you are backing it, take the e/w it is gold.  Even if people don't like Zelzal, loads of them are great e/w.  Rich Trigg put up Here Comes When on there too.  If you get the 66/1, you get 13/1 the place, which is very good if it goes soft.  

Unlucky with Invincible Army, they are both likely very good.

At the risk of a bok.

Now Zelzal is best 7/1 and going.  Betfair now has the place as odds on (no more withdrawals pls).  Here Comes When is well backed too.  I am not sure why you think Soft is a negative.  He won a couple of earlier races on soft.

Ha ffs on the withdrawals.  Think it had gone by the time I posted.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:15:15 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: August 02, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »

Goodwood Wednesday

Hello 4K

I put up that Zelzal in the Sussex on tft too.  If you are backing it, take the e/w it is gold.  Even if people don't like Zelzal, loads of them are great e/w.  Rich Trigg put up Here Comes When on there too.  If you get the 66/1, you get 13/1 the place, which is very good if it goes soft.  

Unlucky with Invincible Army, they are both likely very good.

At the risk of a bok.

Now Zelzal is best 7/1 and going.  Betfair now has the place as odds on (no more withdrawals pls).  Here Comes When is well backed too.  I am not sure why you think Soft is a negative.  He won a couple of earlier races on soft.

Ha ffs on the withdrawals.  Think it had gone by the time I posted.

Re: Going
Zelzal's wins have been on Good - at least according to the RP. Either way, Zelzal not enough of a mudlover to cope with all the rain at Goodwood. Well done to all those who got on Here Comes When. I just didn't see all this rain coming 😕
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: August 02, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »

Elsworth seems to be having a good time at Goodwood anyway.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: August 02, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »

Top bombing Trigg!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: August 04, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »

Goodwood 3:35

Any love for Polybius?
David Elsworth (Sir Dancealot) has said that a high draw would be preferred tomorrow: "Historically you are better drawn middle to stands side. By Saturday they will have been round that inside a couple of times. I thought he would be better drawn middle to high".
Elsworth has his wish, but so does Polybius, son of Oasis Dream. Should be ok on the ground, but would prefer it dryer ideally. Last time out he finished just 3/4L behind Danzeno in the Heritage Handicap at Ascot, not having had a clear run. This time he's 6lb better off in the weights. Meanwhile, Growl looks better on firmer; while only a neck behind Projection at Ascot in June and 4lbs better off tomorrow.

14/1 looks a good price and is widely available.

Everyday 1/4 5 places
Shy 1/5 7 places
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: August 05, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »

Goodwood 3:35

Any love for Polybius?
David Elsworth (Sir Dancealot) has said that a high draw would be preferred tomorrow: "Historically you are better drawn middle to stands side. By Saturday they will have been round that inside a couple of times. I thought he would be better drawn middle to high".
Elsworth has his wish, but so does Polybius, son of Oasis Dream. Should be ok on the ground, but would prefer it dryer ideally. Last time out he finished just 3/4L behind Danzeno in the Heritage Handicap at Ascot, not having had a clear run. This time he's 6lb better off in the weights. Meanwhile, Growl looks better on firmer; while only a neck behind Projection at Ascot in June and 4lbs better off tomorrow.

14/1 looks a good price and is widely available.

Everyday 1/4 5 places
Shy 1/5 7 places

FFS it's a N/R.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4960 on: August 11, 2017, 07:18:10 AM »

Would anyone be interested in a horse racing last man standing.
Think it would be good fun just trying to think of a good formula for it
Was thinking 10 trainers and can only use one once, now I'm thinking
Of price brackets, any ideas let me know
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

Anyone got any pointers for the Nottingham card tomorrow?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: August 18, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »

Anyone got any pointers for the Nottingham card tomorrow?

Take an umbrella.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: August 18, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »

4.30 Wolv started looking at African which is flagged up on flatstats favourite first time colts system, but delving deepert the sire doesn't do very well at Wolves so looked for something to take it on.
Raven's Pass' offspring do better on the surface and Ice Dancing is available at 16-1 with a course win to her name.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: August 18, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »

4.30 Wolv started looking at African which is flagged up on flatstats favourite first time colts system, but delving deepert the sire doesn't do very well at Wolves so looked for something to take it on.
Raven's Pass' offspring do better on the surface and Ice Dancing is available at 16-1 with a course win to her name.

Oi Oi!!

Top tipping sir.

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: