blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 185948 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »

the banks rape us as it is, i'd rather pay my vig to someone who might take a piece of me or vice versa or just who isn't a corporation.

personally don't know David, and have in no way been trying to intimate anything other than childish enjoyment of puns, and a childish willingness to jump on a passing band wagon.

still obv going to do my job and root for recs over pros all day long.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »

Winning a WSOP Bracelet would go down as one of THE best days of most peoples lives, up there with their Wedding day, their 21st Birthday, childrens births, childrens graduation, etc.

To a hardcore poker player (I suspect David has a bit more balance to his life than 100% poker), it might just be the best day of your life, ever.

Sometimes, there is a time to put past differences behind us, to forgive & forget on this, the special day & get behind the fella. This is one such occasion.

I know David reasonably well, & he seems a decent kid. I heard an unfortunate story about his Table demeanour last week, which if true would be rather sad, but I prefer to make my own judgement & see for myself rather than follow the 2+2 herd. It is SO easy to dislike, or hate. Make a little effort, & try to like. You'll be surprised how rewarding it is.

If folks want to snub him today of all days, I know who it most reflects badly upon, in my mind at least. Way too churlish, in my personal opinion.

Let he who is without sin & all that.    
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:12:30 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »

Scotch racism itt.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
fizix87

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »

I'm just completely shocked that 2 days after Barny's rail, something like this could even happen, really shown the best and worst of the UK community in space of the matter of days.

Vamps is one of the hardest working players I know, doubt he's owed anyone a penny for longer than a week and doubt he's negatively affected any of these people's lives before, yet he's being treated like the biggest POS ever.

At least his rail is full of people that unanimously are supporting him because they want to see him do well, for most of the people speaking ill of him, their rail would probably consist more of people waiting in line to get paid.

So much this, sometimes I think the poker community has a warped sense of who to praise and who to vilify
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »

People joking about vig is one thing. Boycotting his rail for it seems pretty pathetic.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

the banks rape us as it is, i'd rather pay my vig to someone who might take a piece of me or vice versa or just who isn't a corporation.

personally don't know David, and have in no way been trying to intimate anything other than childish enjoyment of puns, and a childish willingness to jump on a passing band wagon.

still obv going to do my job and root for recs over pros all day long.
Very understandable, continue to use banks in that case, that's what I do too. I don't bother finding other people to hate on tho while doing it, what's the point?

Who told u rooting for recs was your job? Not sure it's gonna make a massive difference to u. Presumably u do this every day, three finals a day, looking up the jobs of each final table player to find out who to hate on? Same when Jake/Moorman/Barny make a final? Anti-rail every pro? Has this policy benefited u much?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

I must add I DO think he was ool to charge vig to fellow poker players, but that is no reason to be so anti him, or refuse to support the kid.

Just because we disagree with a view or action by someone does not mean we have to hate them.

Some perspective is needed here, imo.

Help the boy enjoy his big day. Resume hating tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:22:21 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »

I think you are reading way too much into this, the people who aren't friends with him don't go to rail him, people who are friends with Jake and Moorman etc, its that simple. Irrelevant of the vig stuff. The whole in it for UK is true to some extent but more when it's old school players that everyone knows, doubt Vamplew cares anyway. I'm somewhere between the two on whether i like the crazy rails, think I'd like it in a 10k cos other players would be horrified which makes it mildly funny but not in a Mickey Mouse bracelet event against unknowns, it's almost like you don't expect to get there again
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 02, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Basically they ain't boycotting his rail, thy just aren't friends with him so have no need to be there. Seems obvious
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 02, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »

There's a big difference between no rail and an anti rail.

For me to spend $20 on a taxi and spend a couple of hours + of my time railing someone, I would actively want someone to win. More than likely a friend.

I have no real opinion of Vamplew, I know I don't like his decision to charge Vig for currency transactions after he has won the lot, but apart from that a couple of tiny insignificant actions that left a tiny bad taste in my mouth, I have no real real opinion of the fella.

Nationality has no bearing on this. You need to earn respect and friendship. And if your actions mean you don't garner respect, you won't make friends. Where you are born isn't an issue imo.

I won't be cheering him to win. Or lose.

I simply don't care.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:27:22 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »

I must add I DO think he was ool to charge vig to fellow poker players, but that is no reason to be so anti him, or refuse to support the kid.

Just because we disagree with a view or action by someone does not mean we have to hate them.

Some perspctive is needed here, imo.

But they don't HATE him, its banter. However just because he is a brit they aren't obliged to form a rail either

Its more 2 faced to go and support him then turn your back tomorrow.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »

that

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 02, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »

sorry i dont understand the VIG thing is thark not just like a mark up?

as for vamplew good luck too him he could be the 2nd best player too come out of scotland  if only people knew i was the best lol

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 02, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »

Some perspctive is needed here, imo.

But they don't HATE him, its banter. However just because he is a brit they aren't obliged to form a rail either

Its more 2 faced to go and support him then turn your back tomorrow.

You prefer, as stated a few pages back, "it would be great to get an anti-rail going"?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 02, 2013, 06:32:28 PM »

For me to spend $20 on a taxi and spend a couple of hours + of my time railing someone, I would actively want someone to win. More than likely a friend.

I have no real opinion of Vamplew, I know I don't like his decision to charge Vig for currency transactions after he has won the lot, but apart from that a couple of tiny insignificant actions that left a tiny bad taste in my mouth, I have no real real opinion of the fella.

Nationality has no bearing on this. You need to earn respect and friendship. And if your actions mean you don't garner respect, you won't make friends. Where you are born isn't an issue imo.

I won't be cheering him to win. Or lose.

I simply don't care.

Hmmm had a change of heart?

he will be charging me 2% if nobody else binks in the next week, come on boys!

dont buy it off the little nerd

i dont know him at all and havent had previous dealings with him. Can understand it tbh, just prefer someone im close with to win in next few days,

Irrelevant.

Unless he actively dislikes you charging vig after he's won all that is the tightest thing I have heard in ages.

Only good thing about it is: I've got a new player to funk against Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: