blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 116667 times)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »

What I dont like about the merging is that is favours people who live closer to DTD as its easier for them to play the live day 1s and therefore easier for them to merge a stack.

Id like to see the live and online day 1s on the same day at the same time

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »

without trying to sound too harsh...what is the maximum cost of someone travelling to DTD for a 1 day event (if you get through online). If they can't afford that then why are they playing a £100 buy in tournament in the first place?

surely all this talk of the money not clearing in time is complete shite...what poker tournament ever pays out before you are eliminated anyway so are they saying if this was a normal tourney they wouldn't turn up for day two???  really?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:14:48 PM by smurf » Logged
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »

Not keen on the concept of merging stacks but it's not going to happen often enough to be an issue and frankly, given the rest of the package that has been put together here I'd accept a rule that says that Day 2 players have to wear gimp masks and communicate all actions using a Stephen Hawking voice simulator.

Bring on the satellites and let's get this happening.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

without trying to sound too harsh...what is the maximum cost of someone travelling to DTD for a 1 day event (if you get through online). If they can't afford that then why are they playing a £100 buy in tournament in the first place?

surely all this talk of the money not clearing in time is complete shite...what poker tournament ever pays out before you are eliminated anyway so are they saying if this was a normal tourney they wouldn't turn up for day two???  really?

Guys,

Just read these latest comments, to be clear;

The £300 min cash (or better) is paid on Day 2 at the Club, just like any Day 2 (its just a 3 x min cash instead of a 2 x min cash)

It's the £115 Day 1 players who miss out on the 10% that get that paid on the same day ie. say we get 125 players, 12 go through to Day 2 and places 13-17 get £115 the same day - online players get the £115 online and live players get the £115 at the club (13.6% of field being paid in this example)

Not sure if there have been some crossed wires somewhere but just read Ice Shade's post and he mentions this.

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:43:10 PM by robyong » Logged
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »

I dont understand people disliking the 10% rule.

The only thing that worries me is there could be an issue...Player 1 plays online and lives alone in Scotland. He plays the Tuesday Day 1b and qualifies. DTD pay £300 into his account. He can't cash out the £300 in time to pay for his travel and can't get there as he doesnt have any cash and his cashout hasnt arrived in time.

We are paying the £300 in the Club on Day 2

Cheers Rob, thanks for clarification. Must have been crossed wires!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »

I like it.

Will online qualifiers get paid on the night ?

Can use a  1a cash to play 1b that way.

Yes

So presumably this means that if you manage to qualify three stacks (unlikely I know) you will get paid three min-cashes before the stacks are merged.

No, 1 min cash per person Ralph, although you could argue that a player finishes in the top 10% in 3 out of 4 day ones deserves a medal!

Rob - think people have misinterpreted this post chain!
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »

Absolutely loving the look of these.

For those of us living a good distance from DTD, the ability to have a min cash locked up before travelling for what is effectively a one day tournament is simply brilliant.

Not sure why anyone would want to criticise the merging of stacks.  There is only a slim chance that this will happen, and the chances are it would be a shortstack + an average stack anyway, so hardly giving anyone a huge advantage, but still increasing the prizepool, which is already guaranteed at a decent level anyway.

Any initiative that attracts more players to visit the club has got to be a good thing.  Fingers crossed I can make it a 'Summer of Sundays at Dusk Till Dawn' *

* This may not just require being lucky at poker, but also getting enough 'passes' from home   Grin

Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

I think the 10% rule is the best way forward. If you make day 2 then you know you have cashed, and now its 3x the buy in for a min cash which is more appealing for travelling players imo.

IN

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »

Merging stacks from multiple day 1s has been tried and is v popular in Australia (they call them accumulators).
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Why cant we have fixed day 1 levels instead of 10%field going through?

Because this way all day 2 players have cashed.

So

It's great news for someone like you Adrian

You can play Online Monday and or Tuesday and travel up from Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire on Sunday knowing you are guaranteed £300

So you save the hotel expenses of hotels on Fri/Sat and your net profit is higher.....with the min cash 3x a single £100 buy in anyway

Well no not really as I'm not an online player and have always been happy with the fact that I have to book a room for the as I could make day two just by being alive at the end of Saturday night. If I was short then I was like ' ok I have work tod tomorrow but I'm still in it' with the 10% I would have traveled up, booked and spent out on a room for the night and played all night to get told that 'nope sorry you still have a stack but its not in the top 10% over all'. That would be like a big F$&K you to someone like me.

Yes the 10% is good for online players but not for traveling weekend players we are there let us play. You my be giving me back my money but not for my room are you going to cover that as well.

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »

Personally I didnt like the stack forfeit rule, and I dont really like the accumulator rule. To me its simple, you can have as many bullets as you like, and you take your best stack through to day 2.

Neither the forfeit or accumulator rules put me off though, and dont really affect me too much at all.

Love the look of the tourney, will defo be down to play it
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

So

You can play Online Monday and or Tuesday and travel up from Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire on Sunday knowing you are guaranteed £300

So you save the hotel expenses of hotels on Fri/Sat and your net profit is higher.....with the min cash 3x a single £100 buy in anyway

Well no not really as I'm not an online player and have always been happy with the fact that I have to book a room for the as I could make day two just by being alive at the end of Saturday night. If I was short then I was like ' ok I have work tod tomorrow but I'm still in it' with the 10% I would have traveled up, booked and spent out on a room for the night and played all night to get told that 'nope sorry you still have a stack but its not in the top 10% over all'. That would be like a big F$&K you to someone like me.

Yes the 10% is good for online players but not for traveling weekend players we are there let us play. You my be giving me back my money but not for my room are you going to cover that as well.

This doesn't make sense

Come up on the Saturday and if you don't make it through go home same night (no need to book a hotel in advance, people always book them late on Saturday at the club) or stay play whatever you want at DTD on the Sunday (sure there will be a second event on the Sunday)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »

So

don't think you understand the concept. If there were 100 in day 1 at club top 10 go thru, ie 10% If you still had a stack you go through!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »

poker monkey

they play down to the last 10%...they don't stop play and only let the top 10% go through.

eg  200 players...play stops when 20 players are left irrespective of how long it takes level wise...it could be different on different days

hope this helps
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »

Absolutely loving the look of these.

For those of us living a good distance from DTD, the ability to have a min cash locked up before travelling for what is effectively a one day tournament is simply brilliant.

Not sure why anyone would want to criticise the merging of stacks.  There is only a slim chance that this will happen, and the chances are it would be a shortstack + an average stack anyway, so hardly giving anyone a huge advantage, but still increasing the prizepool, which is already guaranteed at a decent level anyway.

Any initiative that attracts more players to visit the club has got to be a good thing.  Fingers crossed I can make it a 'Summer of Sundays at Dusk Till Dawn' *

* This may not just require being lucky at poker, but also getting enough 'passes' from home   Grin

Feeling exactly the same .. lol.. But already started doing the ground work this afternoon washing the dishes without even being asked. How about that for being proactive???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: