blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 100056 times)
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 04:40:47 AM »

Bear in mind a white 20 something tourament player that shipped one event has almost no chance of getting a sponsorship deal. I mean look at Alex, Deadman or Rastafish. These guys have gotten a ton of exposure and no deals are coming their way (afaik).

What do you do when you study for the 2 hours? That sounds like a lot but maybe it isn't if your just watching videos or listening to podcasts.

Nah totally understand that, I make no bones about the fact they'd deserve it more than me. However, and this may be cause for being flamed but personal opinion here...One thing that sites/companies look for is someone who is engaging, media friendly and someone who can warm to the cameras...now im not saying the aforementioned names do not have those qualities, some of them do in abundance...but there is a big difference between being sponsorship materials, and TRYING to be sponsorship material.

My argument would be that in poker as with anything else. You've got to be a lot better to be gifted professional contracts, but if you jump up and down trying to get noticed, sure you polarize people, but you become more noticeable, and it only takes one to have that punt.

If anyone getting sponsorship for warm, friendly , good player , loud , good looking , best Chinese player in the world and etc , I deserved the sponsorship ! Lol

I was doing brilliant until the spec sheet said Chinese, damnit! Guess it's all yours then ;-)

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »

Your comment about coaching, how much research has gone into this? If you get a decent about one reference I can assure you that very quickly they will begin to plug leaks for you. They don't cost the earth, especially if you buy a block of sessions.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »

Your comment about coaching, how much research has gone into this? If you get a decent about one reference I can assure you that very quickly they will begin to plug leaks for you. They don't cost the earth, especially if you buy a block of sessions.

Agree. By god I don't mean a guy who crushes Hi level MTT's, Just a mid stakes/low stake grinder who is a constant winner.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »

Agree. By god I don't mean a guy who crushes Hi level MTT's, Just a mid stakes/low stake grinder who is a constant winner.

i have a feeling Gilly is trying to suggest something here...

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »

Wouldn't put myself in the constant winner category just yet

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »

Call

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »

Call

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »

I don't even play mid stakes Wink

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »

I don't even play mid stakes Wink
Still wouldn't mind being a penny behind you Wink

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »

ice shade, would you dress up extravgantly for online final tables? or online day two spades?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »

ice shade, would you dress up extravgantly for online final tables? or online day two spades?

I know some people do this on Football Manager for cup finals

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 01:16:05 AM »

I know some people do this on Football Manager for cup finals

Suit up for the FA cup final? Mate ive seen his housemates do it with him!

And no, if anything i'd likely just be in my boxers...

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »

Plans For January

Seeing as this is the quietest month of the year with regards to everything, I think it best to start slow, trying to push to do things in a month that is typically the worst for backers/friends/family/me sounds a little retarded. Hopefully i'll do this each month and go from there, the plans laid out will get more detailed in the coming months once i have a gauge for how much im actually capable of.

Live Events For 01/14
£440 Genting Poker Series Nottingham - 10/01
£80 XXL Giant 17/01
£80 XXL Giant 24/01
£80 XXL Giant 31/01

Online Events For 01/14
Play 50 Tournaments

University 01/14
Finish Leadership & Employability Coursework
Start Forex Trading Dissertation

League Of Legends 01/14
Learn One More ADC And One More Jungle Champion
50 LP In Bronze 1

Other Tasks 01/14
Apply For The University Gym - Find What Level We Are At

ruud

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »

What kind of percentages will u have in these live events?!

Do you have a long term deal or sell one event at a time?!

If long term, how did this come about - always intrigued by this, but understand if you cannot give answers.

Good Luck!
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »

What kind of percentages will u have in these live events?!

Do you have a long term deal or sell one event at a time?!

If long term, how did this come about - always intrigued by this, but understand if you cannot give answers.

Good Luck!

For these specific ones, unlike most normal ones, i will have between 80-100% of myself. My student loan is soon so i will utilize that as much as i can.
However knowing what you was referring to, my usual events are between 15-25% of myself, if im above 40% its a shock

I sell one event at a time for the most part, with the occasional festival package thrown in where possible. I would give just about anything for a long term deal but alas i haven't had the luck to be in the right place at the right time. Give it chance though Wink

The few long terms i used to have have usually been as a result of a large win and they've gone to back me for a while following that, or close friends who have gone under the logic "i wouldn't forgive myself if i gave up and that was the one you binked on"

Again, if i got a long term one it would be a dream come true, but we shall see Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: