blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 80968 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:33 AM »

I don't know why, but the thought of someone walking out to invisible touch has made me smile.

Girls on Film was the Blurred Lines of its day. YouTube it if you don't believe me.

Ha no need to! You forget my musical education! Who doesnt love the naked mud wrestling?!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 12:50:52 AM »

Dont even lie chris, you have like 2 songs on your ipod and the are baba o'reilly and invisible touch. Never heard you play any other songs in the car. Actually occasionally some Dido, white flag.

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »

Spent 3 months in Perth, amazing shark attack on Cottesloe Beach, will enjoy the diary mate

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »

Just seen this Blog!! Subbed! and once again wd Chris on the GPS FT! Thoroughly enjoyed watching you play man!! GL !
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »

Spent 3 months in Perth, amazing shark attack on Cottesloe Beach, will enjoy the diary mate

i know, 2nd year i was there, big shark attack on the beach i swam at! Always looking over my shoulder!

Just seen this Blog!! Subbed! and once again wd Chris on the GPS FT! Thoroughly enjoyed watching you play man!! GL !

Thanks a lot! Hope it shall be a decent read! Hopefully there will be a few more scores to come!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »

GPS Nottingham Weekend Report

Was sat in my uni last tuesday night, and for some reason decided to deposit 30 quid on my DTD account. Ended up winning the £15 quid sat, and after a grinding a bowl for ages in the £55, got through with 2bbs. Thanks to the guy who open jammed AK with 5bigs, i owe him a pint!

As is ritual nearly every Wednesday, Rexas and I headed for Nandos before DTD, was only initially planning on playing cash, however 80 runners in the live sat was almost too good to miss, so we flicked it in, and won a seat! 2 seats for £90, was loving life.
After a bottle of Coplella juice and a taxi to the club, we arrived at Dusk feeling confident we might make a Day 2. We chipped up early on what seemed like a decent table, chipping up to a little over 30k. However over the next 4 or 5 levels we lose a couple of standard pots, folding 2 pair on the river when all the draws come in and he bombs etc etc, also a badly played pot where we brick a big combo draw, only to be called by ace high, sigh.
So this leaves us with 4k (8bbs) 30mins before the dinner break. We are UTG and Im basiclly looking for an Ace or any shoveable hand. My Knight in shining armour appears on the rail, ZeroFive himself, and we look at   first card, followed by the  . Hate folding with the blinds next hand, so it goes in. All hell breaks loose, MP reships 15k, huge stack on the btn, whos been playing very loose all day, calls, and the BB who was recently crippled calls. We should be drawing dead, but no, somehow in a 4 way all in, we are up against   ,   and   . I casually announce to the table 'I dont lose these' and watch the roll of on the river, we have 18k! Half an orbit later, we find   all in v     for another full double, and go into dinner with nearly 40k. We lose a couple of pots, with Frankie now at the table, then 4 bet shove  into  , flop  , and we dodge, putting us back to 40k or so.
We move to Deadmans table, who has the lot, lose a couple of small ones and then play possibly the weirdest, and most butchered hand on both parites part i think ive ever seen. We open   to 2100, btn flats. Flop   , we cbet to 2600, he makes it 6k. I honestly didnt think he had anything/ thought his hands were more weighted to draws, so make it 12300 with 14k behind. He flats,   on turn. We ship for 14k, he fairly quickly calls, expecting to be dead here. He shows down the  three diamonds for a big combo draw, and he bricks   on the rver to send us over 60k. It doesnt need to be said, im fairly happy i cremated that hand. No more noticeable hands for the day, and we bag up 133,900.
While enjoying a beer, we rail rexas into a seat for friday too.
After a lot of sleep, we head down to dusk Friday night for some cash and see how the lads, Rexas, Adiman and Rehfish are doing. We sit down next to Sean in a huge 1/1 game, that fairly becomes an uncapped 1/2/5 often witha 10 straddle too. Usually id snap leave this game, however, a few northern lads were calling 30/40 quid pre with 82o and 74 so i thought, its worth a punt, play tight and hit a double when you can. We find   on the BTN and make it 30quid over a 10 straddle. Flop:   i think, 2 guys check call 60 quid. Turn  , bingo. We make it £105, one call, other guy ships, we call other guy folds. We announce flush, he mucks pre river and we scoop the £850 quid pot. Nothing else of note and we leave £400 t0 the good.
Day 2 of the GPS, early on not alot happens. Playing small ball we struggle to chip up, make the money then move to the feature with about 150k Find dem acez twice in awesome spots, and chip up some more and leave with 450k 2hrs later. However, we find   into   in the last level of the day, shortly followed by stacking PJ where i turn a boat against his flopped straight. However, double short stacks up twice and bag up 792k for day 3, still buzzing.
Day 3 was a tale of 2 huge pots really, we  river the nut flush, check and get shoved into, weeeeee and move over 1.5milly. Back to the feature, we raise with   and guy to my left 3 bet ships 1milly with   , we hold and dont play another hand until the FT where we take 2.5mill with us.
FT played itself, no real big cards, 4bet folded Ace Jack which im not sure which is the best way to go there. Then shoved 10bbs with   and ran into AK. SIgh, still 7k not a bad result!
Cheers for all the love and rail support guys, means a lot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:18:15 PM by verndog158 » Logged

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »

Good to see we don't forget our run good Wink

We don't lose these!

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »

I think this kid have potential to be a good poker player if he listen to people advices . ( not Matt style of playing please . Just don't learn his way of mumbling of bad  beats ) . I think u are good enough to play but I think the inexperienced on the FT table Sunday caused u the tourney . Potentially Rehman is better in handling short stack as he never never ever panic even he's short . Matt us a good player but every time he's on my table , he tried too hard to outplayed me . Dude that never work as u know I m the better player than u !!! Chris is u got time , learn and lusten to people that can give u advices . Every little help . Well done weekend & hopefully more to come
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

I think this kid have potential to be a good poker player if he listen to people advices . ( not Matt style of playing please . Just don't learn his way of mumbling of bad  beats ) . I think u are good enough to play but I think the inexperienced on the FT table Sunday caused u the tourney . Potentially Rehman is better in handling short stack as he never never ever panic even he's short . Matt us a good player but every time he's on my table , he tried too hard to outplayed me . Dude that never work as u know I m the better player than u !!! Chris is u got time , learn and lusten to people that can give u advices . Every little help . Well done weekend & hopefully more to come

Thanks Frankie, means alot. Totally agree, as i said my live poker experience is only 1yr old, and maybe tournys less than 10. Very keen to listen to alot of different people, and enjoy the challenge of playing in games with the better players, as it can only help me improve. Think thats one positive aspect about my game is i rarely tilt, and generally take bad beats well. Plus, i never see the need to try outplay better players than me, wait for hands and make chips the easy way.

Its been a very up and down week. After the highs of sunday, came a very low point Monday morning, with a death in my immediate family. Been feeling down all week and I feel like i need to get out and do something. HEading for a huge nandos and then the XXL at DTD tonight. Feel getting out seeing some people will help me take my mind of things.
GL us.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »

I think this kid have potential to be a good poker player if he listen to people advices . ( not Matt style of playing please . Just don't learn his way of mumbling of bad  beats ) . I think u are good enough to play but I think the inexperienced on the FT table Sunday caused u the tourney . Potentially Rehman is better in handling short stack as he never never ever panic even he's short . Matt us a good player but every time he's on my table , he tried too hard to outplayed me . Dude that never work as u know I m the better player than u !!! Chris is u got time , learn and lusten to people that can give u advices . Every little help . Well done weekend & hopefully more to come

I've never tried to outplay you Frankie! I just play the game :p
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:49:23 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about the death of someone close to your family . Potentially poker is a patient game and I think you got patient . Good luck in your poker  journey if u intend to take it seriously . I will be there if u need to talk about poker ( if u think I can give u advice ) .
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

I think this kid have potential to be a good poker player if he listen to people advices . ( not Matt style of playing please . Just don't learn his way of mumbling of bad  beats ) . I think u are good enough to play but I think the inexperienced on the FT table Sunday caused u the tourney . Potentially Rehman is better in handling short stack as he never never ever panic even he's short . Matt us a good player but every time he's on my table , he tried too hard to outplayed me . Dude that never work as u know I m the better player than u !!! Chris is u got time , learn and lusten to people that can give u advices . Every little help . Well done weekend & hopefully more to come

I've never tried to outplay you Frankie! I just play the game :p

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ;p
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

Sorry to hear about the death of someone close to your family . Potentially poker is a patient game and I think you got patient . Good luck in your poker  journey if u intend to take it seriously . I will be there if u need to talk about poker ( if u think I can give u advice ) .

I most definitely will! always keen to pick the brains of anyone! thanks, might see you at dtd tonight?

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »

I most definitely will! always keen to pick the brains of anyone! thanks, might see you at dtd tonight?

Only comes weekend and occasionally when there is big comp. See u soon
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »

Confirmed pigeon ITT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: