blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 74453 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »

They won the superbowl without Harvin and yes, Wilson has a huge contract coming. Golden Tate was traded after he fell out with Wilson, so could be a number of things. Prefer Seattle's side here, usually far prefer draft building than buying via trades

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »

We were discussing how summat strange seemed to be happening with Harvin earlier in the week too. Just seemed to be used in such a strange way recently and seems all was not well behind the scenes. Maybe club were trying to force him out a little like Buffalo might be doing with Spiller now (and did with Lynch when they traded him to Seattle)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »

They need the cap space for the new head coach to spend on the quarterback he wants. Geno can't be the answer. They need a franchise QB.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:31:54 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »

They need the cap space for the new head coach

You mean Buffalo mate?

Wouldn't be amazed if Spiller was elsewhere before the trade deadline too. If he stays and becomes a free agent do you reckon he is fav to outlast Marrone?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2014, 11:38:36 PM »

We were discussing how summat strange seemed to be happening with Harvin earlier in the week too. Just seemed to be used in such a strange way recently and seems all was not well behind the scenes. Maybe club were trying to force him out a little like Buffalo might be doing with Spiller now (and did with Lynch when they traded him to Seattle)

These things out of the blue are usually behind the scenes related.  (shagging a players wife/other off the field issues which effect chemistry etc etc).  It doesn't make much sense to do it right now for Seattle given they are 2nd favs for the superbowl.  Think it's a bit early to be writing off this season.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 11:39:49 PM »

They need the cap space for the new head coach

You mean Buffalo mate?

Wouldn't be amazed if Spiller was elsewhere before the trade deadline too. If he stays and becomes a free agent do you reckon he is fav to outlast Marrone?

Well, I did mean the Jets (seriously, even Alan Pardew thinks Rex Ryan should step down) but I do agree Spiller could be gone before the end of the season.

Jets have needs all across the roster. Mariota appears to be the standout candidate at the moment.

We can assume this ends the Brady speculation..?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:51:18 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 11:53:19 PM »

These things out of the blue are usually behind the scenes related.  (shagging a players wife/other off the field issues which effect chemistry etc etc).  It doesn't make much sense to do it right now for Seattle given they are 2nd favs for the superbowl.  Think it's a bit early to be writing off this season.

Yes, it was common knowledge that they traded Golden Tate as he had been shagging Wilsons wife which has brought on their divorce. No way would they be writing off the season and given the numbers he has put up he hasn't contributed that much. think you probably nailed it and it's a good way of getting the cap room and hope that Kearse/Richardson can contribute more now. Their D is getting a little banged up now, maybe they are looking to bring someone in to fill a need too.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »

Odd. Jets are $21m under the cap. Great chance to use that in free agency next year, and a high draft pick to turn things round. Harvin is paid $13m a year contracted through 2018 so that's most the cap space gone. Seattle I understand more, if he is a royal pain in the arse in the locker-room as is said he is and it gets that underperforming $13m off the cap

I follow Chris Kluwe on Twitter and he is quick to slag off former team mates.

I've seen him lay into Blair Walsh, Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre.

But he only ever says positive things about Percy Harvin.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2014, 12:01:52 AM »

Golden Tate was traded after he fell out with Wilson

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2014, 12:03:28 AM »

Golden Tate was traded after he fell out with Wilson

Job in the diplomatic core awaits Rich  thumbs up

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »

'''''According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Seahawks had been shopping Percy Harvin for several weeks.
Multiple reports suggest Harvin's anger management issues led to his trade to the Jets'''''

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »

Excellent Seattle Times Sports story on what led the Seahawks to trade Percy Harvin:

http://bit.ly/1DkDxjW

seems he was a character problem, and they wanted rid and he wanted out

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »

Lions injury list for Sunday is worse than Arsenal's for an average Premier League match.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »

Lions injury list for Sunday is worse than Arsenal's for an average Premier League match.

Megatron playing must be 1.01 now tho. Then the falcons have to double cover etc.

I'm amazed they're only 1/2 to win. Matt Ryan must be wearing extra lumbar support for all the time he's going to be on his back.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »

Megatron playing must be 1.01 now tho. Then the falcons have to double cover etc.

I'm amazed they're only 1/2 to win. Matt Ryan must be wearing extra lumbar support for all the time he's going to be on his back.

Go on then, you can have some 1.05 with me. Very generous!   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: