blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104634 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2015, 01:57:15 AM »

Gotta love the bubble queen from the ept show to night <3 so good all the charitable work and refreshing to see stuff like that on a poker show. An American Irish  Rose. *irish rose is a total legend of sky poker, more 2 follow.

Game 2 was last night didn't cash.

Off to Celtic game for the champions league qualifier tomorrow night so next game will be the 10 30 pm 55£ Bh er.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:00:26 AM by shipitgood » Logged
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2015, 02:37:25 AM »

Sky's hand history thing is fucking terrible. They need to at least make it compatible with replayers.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »

Out of the next 3 games only cashed for £50, in the last game I busted the 3rd hand, limped pot bb with Ks2s, flopped the 2nd nuts, they flopped the nuts.

Total cashes are £74 from the 5 games. Quite disappointed with that but happy how I played. Quite annoying the lack of returns in these games, I won't sell any action in £55 games again, pretty bad just writing lost lost lost lol

Irish Rose total legend of Sky Poker, always friendly with never an angry word to say.  Loves her poker and is amazingly generous in supporting any charity fund raiser event. She also has a unique style of play, the like of which I have never seen before.

I played this hand against Rose in a MTT, we raise JJ, Rose 3 bets, we call in position. Flop 1072 (R), Rose Checks, we bet get raised and call. Turn 2, still rainbow. Check Check, River 6 (no flushes), Check, we bet for value and get raised again (and call). Utterly bizarre hand!

She also beat the little fella Matt Bates a couple of weeks ago in the Sunday Roller for a 3/4K Score. Rose had been trying to get into the UKPC for sometime, and managed to bink her seat last week just in time. Rose is a total legend and encapsulates the best in a poker player, just loves the game.

Just watched the whole Star War Series (yes on Sky!), I've only seen about 4 of the films in the past but had no idea of the narrative/ story line through out the sequence of films. Never appreciated either how epic/ amazing these films are.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:39 AM »

Celtic out of the Champions League:(

Going to stick £800/£1k on Stars, try and be all patient 9 handed Smiley

Play some of the wcoop events, and see if they are running Sats yet for UKIPT Edinburgh.

Anyone that plays on stars, can you just take the cash from Satelites if you prereg the game the sats for?
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2015, 07:20:11 AM »

Celtic out of the Champions League:(

Going to stick £800/£1k on Stars, try and be all patient 9 handed Smiley

Play some of the wcoop events, and see if they are running Sats yet for UKIPT Edinburgh.

Anyone that plays on stars, can you just take the cash from Satelites if you prereg the game the sats for?

You get tournament credits to the value of the seat won if you unregister or are already registered for it. You can sell the tourney credits for almost face value pretty easily on other forums, and Stars have a feature for it. Just enter the username and the amount you're selling along with the amount you're selling for. Stars will confirm it with the person buying and mediate the whole transaction.

Some live events are unable to be unreg'd if you qualify through a satellite. I don't think you can unreg if you win a package with buy-in, hotel etc. You might be able to unreg if it's just the value of the seat you win.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:55 AM »

Tyvm ransom.

I won the mini rebuy yesterday and 2 tournaments tonight as well,  really pleased with that.

I played some phenomenal hands on the ft last night, taking really unusual lines. It's also the first time I've played the rebuy tournies. Will Defo be playing them more regularly, they have a great structure but do go on a bit! The game started at 8 30 and didn't finish till 2am. I was a bit worried on the ft bubble I might blow, it was going on forever but managed to keep focuseed and put on quite a display on the ft.

My record in £55 games is still pretty terrible, I'm 90% sure it's not a skill issue but time will tell.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »

Last night I got to the ft of the 7 45 with 8 bigs and 6/6. Chip leader had millions of chips atleast 50% of chips in play. Player quickly gg d, so 5/5. Managed to win a flip 2 take me up to about 17 bigs, it was quite even between 4 shorter stacks. Then found aa v aj and kk to treble up knocking out 1 player and crippling the other player. Quickly it was hu with the original ft chip leader, he had 90k I had 60k. Player was really tight so was going to be a slow hu, would just have to chip him down. He min raised almost 100% of buttons and cont bet 50% pot every time so I just exploited that a whole lot. Otb I was using a dual min raise/ limp strategy.

It was to and through for about 20 mins with me slowly reducing the deficit. Then flopped a set against oppos top 2 pair getting it in on flop and holding leaving him 8 bigs, winning the next hand 2 take the tournament.

Really pleased with the last 4 days and 4 wins. My s/s is at the highest it's ever been and have turned round the 1k downswing.

I kinda mucked up the 9 30 last night, it's like a 300 runner mtt, was 3/18 and managed to gg in 15th after making a pretty terrible blunder.

It was after midnight and I was pretty tired also I've pulled a muscle in my left shoulder, it's in real agony, am taking some pain killers, but the pain keeps comin back every few hours, really annoying!

Not to sure if I'm playin 2 nite, I'll see how I feel later on
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »

Pain has been really bad in my shoulder, it's a total nightmare. The worst part is the lack of sleep due to pain during the night. I went to the dr who prescribed an anti enflamatry but it doesn't seem to be working. Im going to get some acupuncture today to try and help with the pain and might head up to a and e later to try and get an x ray done on my shoulder. It's that bad I can't even drive, hopefully it gets better rapid!

One of the most popular threads in the last few days has been the refugee thread.

It would be good to do a fundraiser on blonde to make donations helping refugees dealing with this shit right now.

It could be something along the line of someone donates 10% of a days winnings.

Just a thought, what does everyone else think ?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2015, 11:59:17 AM »

^^^^ pretty sigh the last few lines of that post recieved 0 responses. As a community, as a site, we could have done something really good there.

Problems with my shoulder; it started over a week ago, 1st few days felt it'd fix pretty soon, 2 days ago it looked like it was going to take a good while 2 fix. Was really worried it was frozen shoulder, I seen my cousin yest who is a physiotherapist and got some physio done. Good thing it isn't frozen shoulder, but still might take up 2 6 weeks to get back to total normality. A possible cause could be posture/ sitting at a comp. I've got some exercises to do to try and help movement in my shoulder.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »

Nice thread mate. In for refugee donations. GL with the shoulder.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Hey POW, thank you very much mate.

Hope you are doing well, it could have been someone else's diary, but iirc you were talking about looking for other stuff outside of poker? All the best, whether poker or otherwise.

The shoulder is getting better every day/ no longer taking pain killers, just the anti-inflammatory tablets.

Last week I was in quite a bad place, in a lot of pain, not sleeping properly and consequently had no focus / motivation, so glad to be getting back to normal now.

It was so frustrating the refugee situation - people fleeing from a war zone, many who had lost family members, displaced and quite often with nothing.

It would have been great to do a fundraiser on here, but looking back it's very much a personal thing and people can just donate individually if they wish.

It's a fantastic idea what Phillip Gruissem and others did when setting up Raising for Effective Giving (REG). They ask poker players to donate 2% of their profit to help good causes.

http://reg-charity.org/

Dan Colman in the past spoke about the bad side of the poker industry as how he percieved it, how there is nothing productive about poker in helping society or the greater good.

He made a lot of valid points.

That's why i feel inititaitives like REG are great, as money gained from poker can actually   be used to do good, to help those in need.

It sounds paradoxical that those who make their money from an utterly greed fed pursuit - capitalism at its best - should help others though their winnings. I firmly believe as poker players, and as a community we should be doing more to give back.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:34:27 AM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »

Pokers

This time last year I did a challenge to make 5k profit from Sept- Christmas. It started out a bit slow, by the end of October I was behind target, but I smashed it come Christmas, December was a fantastic month.

It's that time of year to start kick off that challenge again, bigger and better this time Smiley

The goal is significantly higher than than 5k, i'd like to make 5k from MTT's alone  between now and Christmas but come October> most of my volume will be Cash games.

I won't say what my goal is from cash games, but expect to be playing mostly 100nl, with some 200nl if tables are good by the end of Oct/ start of november.

Can't wait for Winter Poker, really pumped for it. Feels a bit funny talking about winter on a 20 degree September day!

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »

Good Luck with your target, I hope you smash it.

Shame I didn't see your post about donating 10% would of been up for that. I've already donated a couple of sack's of clothes, shower gel that type of stuff last week, always up for helping out when I can.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2015, 05:39:28 PM »

Great stuff, that's prob the best thing to be honest donating stuff folk need> money.

There was a bit on the news last week about some City in England where loads of people had donated stuff + many more volunteering to help sort it and get it sent over to those in need.

Inspirational stuff.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2015, 04:13:10 PM »

It was a good start to the challenge yesterday I won the 11:30 Bounty Hunter, it was my last game, and up till then the rest of the night had been pretty flat lol

It's really interesting reading Teddy Bloat's posts about HU Sit and Go's/ Spin and Go's, about the different levels and cartels. From an outsiders perspective, as someone who seldom plays HU Sit and Go's, it's difficult to comprehend what the difference would be between a Reg at £30 games versus a £200 reg versus a £1k reg. It would seem to me edges in Hyper Sit and Go's, or spin and gos, must be very small, but in reality there must be a massive skill difference between the various stake levels.

If you take that and apply it to MTTs. I would imagine (!?) there must be a far bigger skill gap between a very good higher stakes reg and a lower stakes reg. Just in as much as with tournaments there is a lot more variables and intricacies to the game, you start a lot deeper versus HU Hypers, strategies are totally different at each stage of the tournament where as with hypers, the strategy will be pretty consistant from the get go when starting stacks are super shallow. 

In both disciplines I would expect the biggest edge of a good low stakes reg versus a very good high stakes reg would be better a far greater understanding of ranges and also better hand reading skills.   

I'm quite analytical, that kinda stuff interests me. One of the reasons I enjoy poker so much.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: