blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199764 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15585 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:37 PM »

Maybot to make statement to Commons at 3:30pm, but all the speculation is that tomorrow's vote has been called off.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15586 on: December 10, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »

I said that the article was a typical of brexit fibitorial and posted links to demonstrate this.  I don't see you refuting the links just giving more of the same f-cking crap.

I’m not in the business of refuting links

I’m in the business of having big testicles

Now that's what I call talking bollocks.

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: December 10, 2018, 12:18:05 PM »

@CommonsLeader
There will be three Government oral statements in the @HouseofCommons today:
 1 - Theresa May: Exiting the EU
 2 - Andrea Leadsom: Business Statement
 3 - Stephen Barclay: EU Exit - Article 50

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: December 10, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »

Tomorrow's vote pulled

what next?

no one knows

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: December 10, 2018, 12:34:10 PM »

Seems that Labour may be able to force tomorrow's vote to take place.

Wonder if borrowing Italian governments for a term or two is possible, just so things calm down a bit...
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: December 10, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »

I said that the article was a typical of brexit fibitorial and posted links to demonstrate this.  I don't see you refuting the links just giving more of the same f-cking crap.

Posted by a man so full of joy, even at the Yuletide

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: December 10, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »

a Google map layer of EU funded projects in the UK 2014-2020. (ESIF)

When people ask "What does the EU do for us?" You can look up you area and tell them exactly.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=10Phq9AG16jyU2ywlHs46pzUFykHicTIk

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: December 10, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »

I posted the article without comment. People are free to debate and question

Your own headline ...Clown Lies & Gullible supporter agrees without question

Stock venomous attitude of Remain and blatantly untrue (whilst whining about untruths) lol

The reality is Remain want to hog this thread and post multiple biased untrue articles every day. Any Remain article for balance gets lambasted by the real clowns who only want to insult folk and try to reverse a democratic decision.

This is a time where the country needs leaders and courage. Not Remainers who tremble in their boots. My advice to Remain is to visit the GP now and see if he/she can prescribe 2x testicles because there is going to be a medical shortage after Brexit don’t forget

In years of studying political theory, admittedly 30 plus years ago now, I found no argument in Rousseau, Hobbes, Locke, Mill, Paine, Hamilton, Madison, Berlin, Rawls, Dicey, Hare, (or even Nozick) that could justify the idea that holding a vote to review an earlier decision could be deemed undemocratic.

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »

When people ask "What does the EU do for us?" You can look up you area and tell them exactly.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=10Phq9AG16jyU2ywlHs46pzUFykHicTIk

What they do for us? Or just simply giving us back a bit of what we have paid them?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: December 10, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »

What they do for us? Or just simply giving us back a bit of what we have paid them?

Which is a parochial and myopic way of looking at it. You aren't just a little englander (much as you want to be), you live in a  world where other countries are less developed than your own and regions in all EU countries, including our own, need support that national governments alone do not provide

It is true that a brexiteer would argue that The flow of development funding will only change once the UK formally exits the EU.  When that point is reached, the UK will be able to use the money we currently send to the EU each year to cover any funding withdrawn by the EU. However you have £350m a week for the NHS to think of too :-) not going to be the funds to cover everything.

the scale of it might mean that replicating such funding is a big ask, and might be worse than a big ask under no deal as recession arrives

The EU allocates the funds to each European nation to support sustainable economic development and reduce regional wealth disparities - it’s their way of trying to give a boost to the poorest parts of the continent.

A total of €10.9bn (£8.4bn) was awarded to Britain for the period 2014-20, and the government allocated the money based on an equality assessment. This is the fifth lowest across the EU but then again we are one of the better off

The assessments were influenced by the GDP of local areas, as well as the proportion of people who are unemployed or claiming incapacity benefit.

The resource is intended to be used to promote employment by supporting innovative and environmentally friendly businesses, as well as protecting people at risk of poverty.

Earlier this year James Wharton, the pro-Brexit Northern Powerhouse Minister, listed 20,000 projects in the north of England that had received funding from this pot between 2007-2013. Analysis by the University of Sheffield estimates that over 70,000 jobs were created in the area as a result - as well as a further 80,000 between Scotland and Wales.

Though it's not clear what would happen to these funds if we leave the EU, it is logical that any loss would disproportionately affect poorer regions

but its ok, you are alright Jack. (or you think you are)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: December 10, 2018, 01:24:25 PM »

Confirmed: Downing Street has told the government's PPS team that May will return to Brussels to seek to renegotiate the backstop

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »

Which is a parochial and myopic way of looking at it. You aren't just a little englander (much as you want to be), you live in a  world where other countries are less developed than your own and regions in all EU countries, including our own, need support that national governments alone do not provide

It is true that a brexiteer would argue that The flow of development funding will only change once the UK formally exits the EU.  When that point is reached, the UK will be able to use the money we currently send to the EU each year to cover any funding withdrawn by the EU. However you have £350m a week for the NHS to think of too :-) not going to be the funds to cover everything.

the scale of it might mean that replicating such funding is a big ask, and might be worse than a big ask under no deal as recession arrives

The EU allocates the funds to each European nation to support sustainable economic development and reduce regional wealth disparities - it’s their way of trying to give a boost to the poorest parts of the continent.

A total of €10.9bn (£8.4bn) was awarded to Britain for the period 2014-20, and the government allocated the money based on an equality assessment. This is the fifth lowest across the EU but then again we are one of the better off

The assessments were influenced by the GDP of local areas, as well as the proportion of people who are unemployed or claiming incapacity benefit.

The resource is intended to be used to promote employment by supporting innovative and environmentally friendly businesses, as well as protecting people at risk of poverty.

Earlier this year James Wharton, the pro-Brexit Northern Powerhouse Minister, listed 20,000 projects in the north of England that had received funding from this pot between 2007-2013. Analysis by the University of Sheffield estimates that over 70,000 jobs were created in the area as a result - as well as a further 80,000 between Scotland and Wales.

Though it's not clear what would happen to these funds if we leave the EU, it is logical that any loss would disproportionately affect poorer regions

Yeah but we don’t need the EU to do that we can do it ourselves with the same benefits.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: December 10, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »

Confirmed: Downing Street has told the government's PPS team that May will return to Brussels to seek to renegotiate the backstop

Give yourself a quick whip while your at it Richard  Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: December 10, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »

Yeah but we don’t need the EU to do that we can do it ourselves with the same benefits.

as i said above, when you add in regional funding to what the brexiteers think is coming back to the NHS, its not clear you can achieve that without tax rises.

secondly, its not a bad thing to help the well off and less well developed areas is it? If that's Estonia or wherever, its a laudable thing yes?

I mean I know the leaver mantra in some areas is that people come over here and take our jobs and take our benefits... well in part they come over here and find jobs because employers are trying to improve indigenous UK Worker productivity which is low and stubbornly so for a number of years

anyway but by putting funding locally in the EU it makes it more sustainable for people to stay and not to come? 

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: December 10, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »

as i said above, when you add in regional funding to what the brexiteers think is coming back to the NHS, its not clear you can achieve that without tax rises.

secondly, its not a bad thing to help the well off and less well developed areas is it? If that's Estonia or wherever, its a laudable thing yes?

I mean I know the leaver mantra in some areas is that people come over here and take our jobs and take our benefits... well in part they come over here and find jobs because employers are trying to improve indigenous UK Worker productivity which is low and stubbornly so for a number of years

anyway but by putting funding locally in the EU it makes it more sustainable for people to stay and not to come? 

As a little Englander I don’t have much interest in helping poorer areas of Estonia, would prefer it was used here tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: