blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199679 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #15600 on: December 10, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »

Interesting comments by Tim (spoons founder) in the latest Spoons magazine if you in a spoons have a read of the mag (you might be able to read it online at their website) good read on brexit albeit it Tim is like a second version of Woodsey.  His comments about how his business has adapted to remove eu high end branded products (champagne/brandy/wheat beer among a few) and replace them with cheaper alternatiives for his punters and in blind taste tests he claims they were massively preferred.  He is making out every business can do what he is doing.  Not sure every business has the buying power he has to drive new business to loss leading prices to get onboard the spoons pay roll.  
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: December 10, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »

European Research Group currently discussing whether is possible to oppose the delay - sources tell me its advice is currently government doesn’t need to call a vote on the delay

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/eurosceptics-threaten-to-block-government-delay-to-brexit-vote/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: December 10, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »

I said that the article was a typical of brexit fibitorial and posted links to demonstrate this.  I don't see you refuting the links just giving more of the same f-cking crap.

Posted by a man so full of joy, even at the Yuletide
In case I hadn't made it clear, I don't gaf about anything you say, anything you think.  So you just make yourself look stupider with every dig.  
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: December 10, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »

Why is there a logjam in parliament

one lobby correspondent suggests the following

Approx.

A No-deal Brexit: 124 MPs.
B PM's deal: 215 MPs.
C Referendum (ie, Remain as their default position): 300.

With NDB as default if they can't decide

A plus B wins but A won't vote for B
C won't vote for B

stalemate
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:56:53 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: December 10, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »

There is a new beast being discussed by the big beasts of Westminster: GNU or Government of National Unity...a broad coalition government consisting of all parties (or all major parties) in the legislature, usually formed during a time of war or other national emergency.

----

I hope you are finding this interesting, pretty unusual times

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15605 on: December 10, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »

There is a new beast being discussed by the big beasts of Westminster: GNU or Government of National Unity...a broad coalition government consisting of all parties (or all major parties) in the legislature, usually formed during a time of war or other national emergency.

----

I hope you are finding this interesting, pretty unusual times

I'm glued to every post.

(When I'm not glued to a yak that is)

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: December 10, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »

GNU sounds sensible however I think Corbyn and McDonnell would rather be in opposition for ever rather than work with a Tory.

Doesn't help either that the number of decent, credible, intelligent, pragmatic politicians currently in the HoC can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: December 10, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »

I posted the article without comment. People are free to debate and question

Your own headline ...Clown Lies & Gullible supporter agrees without question

Stock venomous attitude of Remain and blatantly untrue (whilst whining about untruths) lol

The reality is Remain want to hog this thread and post multiple biased untrue articles every day. Any Remain article for balance gets lambasted by the real clowns who only want to insult folk and try to reverse a democratic decision.

This is a time where the country needs leaders and courage. Not Remainers who tremble in their boots. My advice to Remain is to visit the GP now and see if he/she can prescribe 2x testicles because there is going to be a medical shortage after Brexit don’t forget

In years of studying political theory, admittedly 30 plus years ago now, I found no argument in Rousseau, Hobbes, Locke, Mill, Paine, Hamilton, Madison, Berlin, Rawls, Dicey, Hare, (or even Nozick) that could justify the idea that holding a vote to review an earlier decision could be deemed undemocratic.

At first glance thought that was the 1966 World Cup team.

The crux of my point is Remain were hopping made about Brexit Bus, lies and stupid ignorant voters first time around

Now those stupid voters have been fed an avalanche of unicorn horse shit and scared half to death about babies dying and plagues of frogs the vote will be manipulated in favour of a desired outcome

You can quote a long list of names. Anybody can see that’s Dicey, Harey and Paineful

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: December 10, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »

GNU sounds sensible however I think Corbyn and McDonnell would rather be in opposition for ever rather than work with a Tory.

Doesn't help either that the number of decent, credible, intelligent, pragmatic politicians currently in the HoC can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

The problem with the National Unity Government is we have a recent example with the Lib Dems supporting the Conservatives.   I think it was clearly the right thing to do, but they have been severly punished for it. Even before it has happened, half the parliamentary labour party are described as red tories by Corbyn supporters.

Who steps up on the labour side given the above?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: December 10, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »

I posted the article without comment. People are free to debate and question

Your own headline ...Clown Lies & Gullible supporter agrees without question

Stock venomous attitude of Remain and blatantly untrue (whilst whining about untruths) lol

The reality is Remain want to hog this thread and post multiple biased untrue articles every day. Any Remain article for balance gets lambasted by the real clowns who only want to insult folk and try to reverse a democratic decision.

This is a time where the country needs leaders and courage. Not Remainers who tremble in their boots. My advice to Remain is to visit the GP now and see if he/she can prescribe 2x testicles because there is going to be a medical shortage after Brexit don’t forget

In years of studying political theory, admittedly 30 plus years ago now, I found no argument in Rousseau, Hobbes, Locke, Mill, Paine, Hamilton, Madison, Berlin, Rawls, Dicey, Hare, (or even Nozick) that could justify the idea that holding a vote to review an earlier decision could be deemed undemocratic.

At first glance thought that was the 1966 World Cup team.

The crux of my point is Remain were hopping made about Brexit Bus, lies and stupid ignorant voters first time around

Now those stupid voters have been fed an avalanche of unicorn horse shit and scared half to death about babies dying and plagues of frogs the vote will be manipulated in favour of a desired outcome

You can quote a long list of names. Anybody can see that’s Dicey, Harey and Paineful

great so as retrieved from notepad i will ask what has been asked frequently over the past two years

what about Northern Ireland, JIT manufacturing, food supplies, Gibraltar, air space, radioactive isotopes for chemotherapy etc.

that's unicorn horseshit and scaring people half to death apparently.

What IS the plan for all that???

got anything yet?

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: December 10, 2018, 03:09:46 PM »

What’s your plan to end freedom of movement and independent justice which were the two major vote drivers?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: December 10, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

What’s your plan to end freedom of movement and independent justice which were the two major vote drivers?

I wouldn't. think both free movement and the benefits of immigration plus the ECJ are on balance beneficial.

answer my questions! (two years and waiting)

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: December 10, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »

I don't recall voting for either of those when I put my cross next to "Leave the European Union", despite the Government telling me for the last two years that I did.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: December 10, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »

A referendum?

Soft Brexit
Hard Brexit
Chequers
Canada +
Canada +++
Norway for Now
Norway +
EEA
EFTA
May’s Deall
No Deal
Managed No Deal
Jobs-First Brexit
Clean Brexit
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: December 10, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »

PM just made it clear the meaningful vote may not be tabled again until January 21. With no guarantee she can re-negotiate anything.

That’s a further 6 week delay, on a timetable that is already painfully tight to deliver all Brexit legislation in time for March 29.

A50 extension ever more likely now. Practically it has to be, running out of time

the bigger point, that what is acceptable to the EU to protect the GFA/Rep of Ireland isn't acceptable to the UK Parliament so whether anything that is capable of being negotiated is passable at all to this voting make up is looking highly questionable at best

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: