blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198588 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15810 on: December 17, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »

For clarity, I mostly agree with KKK's posts, but when he rants it spoils all the good work and, imo, takes away his credibility and gives Mantis a clear advantage, (Not to mention a shedload of ammunition)

He then exacerbates the problem by defending it rather than holding his hands up and moving on.

Shortening someone's name to KKK is less bad than calling someone a prick?   

Yes it is.

Likening shortening someone's name to KKK with calling someone a prick is more your problem than anyone else's. DUCY?

Why not compare having your name shortened to KKK with me having my forum name shortened to EP?

Is having your name shortened to KKK less bad than shortening my name to EP?

Can't decide on this one

Regards

N

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: December 17, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »

For clarity, I mostly agree with KKK's posts, but when he rants it spoils all the good work and, imo, takes away his credibility and gives Mantis a clear advantage, (Not to mention a shedload of ammunition)

He then exacerbates the problem by defending it rather than holding his hands up and moving on.

Shortening someone's name to KKK is less bad than calling someone a prick?   

Yes it is.

Likening shortening someone's name to KKK with calling someone a prick is more your problem than anyone else's. DUCY?

Why not compare having your name shortened to KKK with me having my forum name shortened to EP?

Is having your name shortened to KKK less bad than shortening my name to EP?

Can't decide on this one

Regards

N

Tough one isn't it.

I wasn't trying to suggest that KKK was a member of the Ku Klux Klan when I shortened his name and I assume neither was RD. The context in neither of our posts appear to suggest that we were.

It appears that KKK thought that this is what I was doing though although I'm inferring that from the context of his post rightly or wrongly.

This is a subject I could debate for hours on end to be honest. H&M monkey tee-shirt anyone?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: December 17, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »

Once again, so far off topic its unreal.

No one thought EP was suggesting Kush was Klan material. It was pure snowflakery or those that like to jump on anything like this to twist it into something its not.

Mantis generates posts from poking or prodding at stuff, but trying to generate offence when clearly none was mentioned, or intended, is worse, IMHOOC

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: December 17, 2018, 04:08:59 PM »

No one thought EP was suggesting Kush was Klan material. It was pure snowflakery or those that like to jump on anything like this to twist it into something its not.

Mantis generates posts from poking or prodding at stuff, but trying to generate offence when clearly none was mentioned, or intended, is worse, IMHOOC

Recent has jumped the shark

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: December 17, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »

I'm just a trainee compared to M........I will continue to learn and grow though.......))

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: December 17, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »

I didn’t think anyone was likening me to the Klan. Kukushkin is a minor character from Story of a Nobody by Chekhov, people believed him when he was lying and thought he was lying when he was telling the truth. It struck me that those would be handy skills at the poker table, so I made it my username :-)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: December 17, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »

I didn’t think anyone was likening me to the Klan. Kukushkin is a minor character from Story of a Nobody by Chekhov, people believed him when he was lying and thought he was lying when he was telling the truth. It struck me that those would be handy skills at the poker table, so I made it my username :-)

Apologies for my misinterpretation of your previous post

In that case yes, shortening someone's name to KKK is 100% less bad than calling them a prick.

Apologies also for my part in the derailment.

Then f**king Tories eh?!?!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15817 on: December 17, 2018, 04:59:29 PM »

I knew that because I looked kukushkin up a few months ago when I began to take an interest in your posts.

I looked Mantis up too.

They have triangular heads with bulging eyes supported on flexible necks

The older I get, the better I was.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: December 17, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

I am going to Brexit information evening at the British Embassy in Berlin tomorrow. No idea what the hell they are going to tell me. I am going for the LOLZ and the buffet.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: December 17, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »

I'm just a trainee compared to M........I will continue to learn and grow though.......))

Never posting on my phone again, was supposed to say Brexit in response to the fact we're off topic, it was hilarious when I wrote it :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: December 17, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

Never posting on my phone again, was supposed to say Brexit in response to the fact we're off topic, it was hilarious when I wrote it :-)

This is funny :-)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: December 17, 2018, 06:37:54 PM »

I didn't think he was suggesting he was in the KKK, just thought it was pretty unfortunate, so get off your high horse.  Kind of comedy you accusing anyone else of snowflakery given your preponderence for flouncing Adz.

Anyway, things seem to be looking up in politics, May is having her vote after all, so Corbyn can go back to his strategic inaction. 

FWIW it is probably best just to call him kukushkin and not cuckoo though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: December 17, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »

Brutal commons today and thought Maybot took a pasting from all sides

Is she really trying to let the clock tick down or are there other motives?

FWIW probably best just to call her Theresa May and not Maybot  

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15823 on: December 17, 2018, 06:52:40 PM »

Brutal commons today and thought Maybot took a pasting from all sides

Is she really trying to let the clock tick down or are there other motives?

FWIW probably best just to call her Theresa May and not Maybot  

Got to give her credit for resilience and stamina if nothing else.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: December 17, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »

I didn't think he was suggesting he was in the KKK, just thought it was pretty unfortunate, so get off your high horse.  Kind of comedy you accusing anyone else of snowflakery given your preponderence for flouncing Adz.

Anyway, things seem to be looking up in politics, May is having her vote after all, so Corbyn can go back to his strategic inaction. 

FWIW it is probably best just to call him kukushkin and not cuckoo though.

Ooooh, I don't think I could ever be called a snowflake with my views, let us not forget I am the blonde "racist" Roll Eyes

Until the point you put "Shortening someone's name to KKK is less bad than calling someone a prick?" no one had even drawn the comparison to anything other than a quick name reference, so I think you were probably pulling us towards that KKK white hooded comparison.    

FWIW, Previously I just tended to tactically withdraw(flounce) when the old gang gets together, as you cant beat the numbers game.

One on one I'm just fine.......and these days I'm just having too much fun enjoying non angry contributors, not get angry etc......

Shame all this, hardly a single on topic post about Brexit today.

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 1059 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: