blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 1056 1057 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191141 times)
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #15780 on: December 17, 2018, 10:17:03 AM »

An interesting article from the Washington Posts:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/brexit-would-be-hard-for-britain-staying-in-the-eu-would-be-worse/2018/12/14/18932c5a-ffd4-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d38751dfd24f

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15781 on: December 17, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »

I don’t think people are saying they’re offended (I’m not), I’m just saying you’re a clueless and ignorant prick.

This is your idea of debating is it?

Right here is where you lose all credibility.

Good morning

I’d respectfully disagree about the impact on my credibility. It’s not my idea of debating but Mantis’s endless stream of idiocy, was never anything to do with debate. I’d request that my view of the endless nonsense/trolling is viewed separately to my contirbution to the debate.

That's like an otherwise good husband asking for his occasional wife-beating to be viewed separately.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: December 17, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »

I don’t think people are saying they’re offended (I’m not), I’m just saying you’re a clueless and ignorant prick.

Good morning

I’d respectfully disagree about the impact on my credibility. It’s not my idea of debating but Mantis’s endless stream of idiocy, was never anything to do with debate. I’d request that my view of the endless nonsense/trolling is viewed separately to my contirbution to the debate.

That's like an otherwise good husband asking for his occasional wife-beating to be viewed separately.

I respect your judgement, so of course I’ll take that on board. To my mind by relentlessly writing untrue and ridiculous things Mantis removes himself from the ‘debate’ and is subject to different rules.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15783 on: December 17, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »

Good morning

I respect your judgement, so of course I’ll take that on board. To my mind by relentlessly writing untrue and ridiculous things Mantis removes himself from the ‘debate’ and is subject to different rules.

That's like saying well my wife was particularly naughty.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: December 17, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »

Good morning

I don’t think it is, beating your wife is always terrible, an unforgivable thing to do and about as far away from anything I would do as anyone could possibly imagine. Very occasionally abusing an internet troll because his lies are frustrating and are part (admittedly a small part) of a bigger, very serious problem, is in my view not so bad.

As I say, I’ll take your criticism on board and hopefully be better for it.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: December 17, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »

Thing about lies is that they're very easy to expose with logic

Responding to 'lies' by calling somebody a prick says a great deal more about your character than mine. In fact it simply portrays you as the troll.

What's more, saying you get frustrated and calling people pricks whilst insisting you are calm and emotionless is the only actual lying on display here.

Unfortunately you don't get to decide your credibility rating, that's for others to judge.

Personally I think saying your rants are emotionless and anger-less but frustrated and only designed to help others understand better is actually brilliant. I love how you twist and turn with your contradictions and internal battles.

Anyway my latest contribution is that the French government are currently luring British business to Northern France and it's akin to a war.

Feel free to demonstrate how that is a lie. I'm no expert but calling me a prick doesn't necessarily achieve that goal very well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15786 on: December 17, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

Good morning

I don’t think it is, beating your wife is always terrible, an unforgivable thing to do and about as far away from anything I would do as anyone could possibly imagine. Very occasionally abusing an internet troll because his lies are frustrating and are part (admittedly a small part) of a bigger, very serious problem, is in my view not so bad.

As I said elsewhere this week, when you're bang to rights, it's better to just hold your hands up.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: December 17, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »

Good morning

As I said elsewhere this week, when you're bang to rights, it's better to just hold your hands up.

We disagree. Just see his latest post, it’s profoundly patently untrue, ridiculous and is the sort of mentality that could become dangerous, it is a problem. Doing nothing about it is worse than occasionally succumbing to stupid name calling, which I regret but it’s a tiny detail really.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15788 on: December 17, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »

Good morning

We disagree. Just see his latest post, it’s profoundly patently untrue, ridiculous and is the sort of mentality that could become dangerous, it is a problem. Doing nothing about it is worse than occasionally succumbing to stupid name calling, which I regret but it’s a tiny detail really.

You are right, we disagree.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: December 17, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »

Whereas such gems as ‘Mantis is a clueless, ignorant prick. And a troll’

or ‘I’m emotionless but frustrated so regularly indulge in calm rants to help others understand worthless posts’

Is the height of consistency and profoundness

Morrrrrr pls

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: December 17, 2018, 12:14:32 PM »

Mantis posts for reactions.

You can't jump on the guy because he reacted!

Cheesy

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: December 17, 2018, 12:22:22 PM »

Maybe I'm living in an odd space. I think just calling someone a prick twat or ct even is just standard bants (not to be considered a cue by the way ). Surely we're all deliberately pricks sometimes and mants doesn't have immunity. Sometimes I call myself a prick after a post and just hope no one else mentions it

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »

Cheesy

You can’t blame me for beating my wife officer

She was asking for it...

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: December 17, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »

Cheesy

You can’t blame me for beating my wife officer

She was asking for it...

Stop it!

You can't compare calling Mantis a prick to beating your wife!

It's more like telling the wife she is prick after year's of torrential waffle and verbal abuse to your ears.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »

Anyway. Seems the main news today is for the Tories to come out strongly against a second ref. So..it's nailed on

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 1056 1057 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: