blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198784 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15750 on: December 16, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »

What's also been made clear throughout is commentators just don't understand British people.

Nobody thought we would vote Leave but we did.

Nobody thinks we would vote Leave again but we will.

We just love battling the odds and being the under-dog. We are fiercely independent, stubborn and proud to a fault.

People who think we will forgo our principles because there will be less piggy wiggies coming from Rotterdam or a £6 visa charge to visit Valencia will be sadly mistaken.

This is all like a modern WW1, not armed combat but a political fight. Back in WW1 it was impossible to think we could win against the odds but we did, same in WW2. Now we wear poppies with unwavering pride to remember that people gave their lives so we could tremble about a sugar shortage.

What we do Aaron is take our medicine and rediscover our stiff upper lip. The union will falter, the euro will fail and others will follow our lead. Might take 20yrs and they might start realising how vital our membership is so they concede ground with a better deal. The EU think they can teach us a lesson? Well we're going over the top. Sure some people will cower behind moaning about their boots pinching or the mud or whatever. But going over the top with our traditional courage is the only option. Other than waving the white flag. And Brits just wont do that.  

Lets just hope we didn't adopt too many CESMs during our lapse migration period.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15751 on: December 16, 2018, 07:32:44 PM »

What's also been made clear throughout is commentators just don't understand British people.

We just love battling the odds and being the under-dog. We are fiercely independent, stubborn and proud to a fault.

People who think we will forgo our principles because there will be less piggy wiggies coming from Rotterdam or a £6 visa charge to visit Valencia will be sadly mistaken.

This is all like a modern WW1, not armed combat but a political fight. Back in WW1 it was impossible to think we could win against the odds but we did, same in WW2. Now we wear poppies with unwavering pride to remember that people gave their lives so we could tremble about a sugar shortage.

What we do Aaron is take our medicine and rediscover our stiff upper lip. The union will falter, the euro will fail and others will follow our lead. Might take 20yrs and they might start realising how vital our membership is so they concede ground with a better deal. The EU think they can teach us a lesson? Well we're going over the top. Sure some people will cower behind moaning about their boots pinching or the mud or whatever. But going over the top with our traditional courage is the only option. Other than waving the white flag. And Brits just wont do that.  

It’s a disgrace to compare it to people being ordered to certain death. Pretty unbelievable, even by your standards to try and make it a positive comparison.

https://www.bl.uk/world-war-one/articles/combat-and-soldiers-experiences
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15752 on: December 16, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »

It’s a disgrace to compare it to people being ordered to certain death. Pretty unbelievable, even by your standards to try and make it a positive comparison.

https://www.bl.uk/world-war-one/articles/combat-and-soldiers-experiences

He has been playing the we won the war card for months, it is very much in line with his standards.

..and the polls were neck and neck in the lead up to the referendum.
Plenty of people thought leave could win.   At the risk of upswtting Adz, there were a fair few here who backed it.

The rest is bollocks too, the World War One soldiers have all gone, and so few of us have tested our courage on a battlefield hardly define a nation.   Seems like he has no understanding of the nation he talls of.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #15753 on: December 16, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

the war comparison should be the end of this thread

You think it cant go lower, then it does
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15754 on: December 16, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »

People should try behaving like this - I've posted bits from Rory Stewart before - whether you share his politics or not, this is the level and tone of how discussion should be on a subject like this - I really find James O'Brien really difficult to listen to (so don't normally) but in this he makes his standard points but in a much more reasonable way since Rory stewart is fundamentally decent and as honest as any politician can be

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15755 on: December 16, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »

The mock offence and faux outrage of people these days is embarrassing

There are untold business strategy books and negotiation techniques that make comparison to war

Dry your eyes and wipe the sniffles from your noses boys

No wonder the EU walks all over us

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15756 on: December 16, 2018, 09:11:26 PM »

There are untold business strategy books and negotiation techniques that make comparison to war

tbf, you talk some bollocks sometimes (as do most of us) but I'm not offended by the mention of WWI, or even II, in an analogy re Brexit. Pretty  confident it won't end the thread and I hope you keep trying :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15757 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »

tbf, you talk some bollocks sometimes (as do most of us) but I'm not offended by the mention of WWI, or even II, in an analogy re Brexit. Pretty  confident it won't end the thread and I hope you keep trying :-)

You need to balance your ranges!

That's 2 pretty decent posts in a row Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15758 on: December 16, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »

This indeed..end the thread......my oh my........ Roll Eyes

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15759 on: December 16, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »

People being sent over the top (shot if they refused) is amongst the most tragic events in history. Even for someone as consistently ridiculous as Mantis, it’s pretty bad to bring it up in this context.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #15760 on: December 16, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »

tbh I forgot that being proud of our courage or mentioning our defining historical events isn’t allowed in this wishy washy wet lettuce society

I didn’t mention that the French are surrender-monkeys though and that’s to my credit

Would like to retract and say sorry to all the snowflakes that they will have less EU piggy wiggies. Must be terrible.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15761 on: December 16, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »

People being sent over the top (shot if they refused) is amongst the most tragic events in history. Even for someone as consistently ridiculous as Mantis, it’s pretty bad to bring it up in this context.

Get a grip. War is horrific. End of. We don't need egged up statements to try and make what Mantis said look worse, just to help you look better.

Stick to the subject matter

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #15762 on: December 16, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »

Jean Claude Juncker said Britain were “deserters”

Pretty bad for your bum chum to say that really

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15763 on: December 16, 2018, 09:40:28 PM »

Get a grip. War is horrific. End of. We don't need egged up statements to try and make what Mantis said look worse, just to help you look better.

Stick to the subject matter

You keep mentioning this bizarre idea that I care how I look/sound. All I try to do is enhance/improve my understanding and other people’s if I can.

You might want to try and think a little harder on whose fault it is that we’ve ended up discussing the war. (Clue: It’s not me or you)
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #15764 on: December 16, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »

My news feed is getting bombarded by the French government encouraging British businesses to move to Northern France because of Brexit. Macron has been courting major corporations based in Britain.

“Come to Northern France your gateway to Europe”

The cowardly custards who don’t think this is war need to start waking up and stop whimpering about being offended

Not trying to offend but cuckoo would be shot by his superior officer very early in any war. Probably for making daisy chains in the trenches or suchlike.

Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: