blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199339 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15825 on: December 17, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »

Brutal commons today and thought Maybot took a pasting from all sides

Is she really trying to let the clock tick down or are there other motives?

FWIW probably best just to call her Theresa May and not Maybot  

Got to give her credit for resilience and stamina if nothing else.

yes indeed, especially the nothing else bit! Smiley

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: December 17, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »

I never liked her, but she has come out of this less badly than many others.  Some of her party colleagues have come out of this really badly.

Keir Starmer is the big winner though?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: December 17, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »

Sajid Javid is reportedly to announce plans to cut immigration from the European Union by up to 80 per cent...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15828 on: December 17, 2018, 07:26:25 PM »

Once again, so far off topic its unreal.

No one thought EP was suggesting Kush was Klan material. It was pure snowflakery or those that like to jump on anything like this to twist it into something its not.

Mantis generates posts from poking or prodding at stuff, but trying to generate offence when clearly none was mentioned, or intended, is worse, IMHOOC

I didn't think he was suggesting he was in the KKK, just thought it was pretty unfortunate, so get off your high horse.  Kind of comedy you accusing anyone else of snowflakery given your preponderence for flouncing Adz.

Anyway, things seem to be looking up in politics, May is having her vote after all, so Corbyn can go back to his strategic inaction. 

FWIW it is probably best just to call him kukushkin and not cuckoo though.

Ooooh, I don't think I could ever be called a snowflake with my views, let us not forget I am the blonde "racist" Roll Eyes

Until the point you put "Shortening someone's name to KKK is less bad than calling someone a prick?" no one had even drawn the comparison to anything other than a quick name reference, so I think you were probably pulling us towards that KKK white hooded comparison.    

FWIW, Previously I just tended to tactically withdraw(flounce) when the old gang gets together, as you cant beat the numbers game.

One on one I'm just fine.......and these days I'm just having too much fun enjoying non angry contributors, not get angry etc......

Shame all this, hardly a single on topic post about Brexit today.

Sorry Adz. You might be a blonde racist, I don't know, but you are definitely not the blonde racist.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: December 17, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »

I never liked her, but she has come out of this less badly than many others.  Some of her party colleagues have come out of this really badly.

Keir Starmer is the big winner though?

It's interesting you say this and I can understand why. I hope it doesn't turn out to be true but it could easily be the case.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: December 17, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »

In other news,

HS2 is going to be over budget.

Who’d have thunk it? A vanity project driven by the EU is going to cost the UK some amount more than the £32bn original 2010 guesstimate, and indeed some considerable amount more than the current £56bn figure which appears to be deliberately understated.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/infrastructure_en

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/09/hs2-out-of-control-care-homes-childrens-centres

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: December 17, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »

Sajid Javid is reportedly to announce plans to cut immigration from the European Union by up to 80 per cent...

It's such a ridiculous position to take, similar to the stupid 'tens of thousands' target these buffoons spouted for so long.

It's like they are really trying to alienate more and more influential voices to appeal to an imaginary electorate who, by and large, don't really care about the numbers per se

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: December 17, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »

In other news,

Who’d have thunk it? A vanity project driven by the EU is going to cost the UK some amount more than the £32bn original 2010 guesstimate, and indeed some considerable amount more than the current £56bn figure which appears to be deliberately understated.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/09/hs2-out-of-control-care-homes-childrens-centres

A bit of a stretch blaming it on the EU.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: December 17, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »

In other news,

Trust me, its not the EU.

I have been in rail meetings with companies awarded stretches of HS2, and they haven't got the first idea about anything beyond 20th century ballast track....which isn't the design......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: December 17, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

No one thought EP was suggesting Kush was Klan material. It was pure snowflakery or those that like to jump on anything like this to twist it into something its not.

Mantis generates posts from poking or prodding at stuff, but trying to generate offence when clearly none was mentioned, or intended, is worse, IMHOOC

I didn't think he was suggesting he was in the KKK, just thought it was pretty unfortunate, so get off your high horse.  Kind of comedy you accusing anyone else of snowflakery given your preponderence for flouncing Adz.

Anyway, things seem to be looking up in politics, May is having her vote after all, so Corbyn can go back to his strategic inaction. 

Must have misread the news earlier, seems he called a no confidence motion after all. 

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:17 PM »

Must have misread the news earlier, seems he called a no confidence motion after all. 

Only in the PM, not the Government, so it has no effect under the FTPA.  Typical Corbyn in action (i.e. inaction).

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: December 17, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »

Only in the PM, not the Government, so it has no effect under the FTPA.  Typical Corbyn in action (i.e. inaction).

...and tonight the Gov say that they aren't allowing the motion as Corbyn "is just playing silly games"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: December 17, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »

Especially for Jezza

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: December 17, 2018, 10:23:54 PM »

I think Corbyn models himself on this guy.

https://youtu.be/Y3z2EFt2Ljs

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: December 17, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »

In other news,

Trust me, its not the EU.

I have been in rail meetings with companies awarded stretches of HS2, and they haven't got the first idea about anything beyond 20th century ballast track....which isn't the design......

I would, but then there’s this
http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2015-088-hs2-controlled-by-eu-not-our-gov/

Yes, it’s from an anti-EU source but worth reading and, if you feel so inclined, finding a way to refute it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: