blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198655 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16515 on: March 01, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »

Obviously so much remains on what Geoffery Cox can bring back from his negoiations.....but DUP/ ERG are looking for a way to get this deal through now.

Probably not quite fav atm, but I would say Mays deal might well get passed after a couple of more votes.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: March 01, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »

Britain to run out of contraceptives in 2019?    3/1

What sort of price is this!.......Paddy must think we were born yesterday.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: March 01, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »

There is no majority for TM’s deal
There is no majority for No Deal
There is no majority for a 2nd ref

So, likely to face an extension of A50. What on earth is that going to solve?

There simply is only one way out of this & that is a second vote, where it’s taken out of the politicians hands. Because simply we are never going to get a majority for anything, so therefore the 60m must vote on it, not the 650 who can’t mske a decision. Simply Deal v Remain.

Otherwise how realistically do we solve this? No deal isn’t realistic when neither MP’s or folk would vote for that cliff edge.

We voted for leave, it should be deal or no deal everything else should be off the ballot. If we cant get a deal we should leave.

You are using the we voted leave, so that means leave & im going to use the argument of lies being told by leave and now we now we know what Brexit looks like argument.

I think both are valid to be fair.

You seem to think that everyone that voted to leave fell for lies.

I voted leave in spite of this.

Don't think you know why I voted.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: March 01, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »

There simply is only one way out of this & that is a second vote, where it’s taken out of the politicians hands. Because simply we are never going to get a majority for anything, so therefore the 60m must vote on it, not the 650 who can’t mske a decision. Simply Deal v Remain.

Otherwise how realistically do we solve this? No deal isn’t realistic when neither MP’s or folk would vote for that cliff edge.

We voted for leave, it should be deal or no deal everything else should be off the ballot. If we cant get a deal we should leave.

You are using the we voted leave, so that means leave & im going to use the argument of lies being told by leave and now we now we know what Brexit looks like argument.

Yep, I voted against the federal state of Europe or was that a lie also?

Ah! The element of surprise
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: March 01, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

Yep, I voted against the federal state of Europe or was that a lie also?

It’s hard to work out how dumb you are (and Adz obv). What is the Federal State of Europe? You can’t invent things just to help you get angry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0hES7WlDLs8
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: March 01, 2019, 11:04:44 PM »

Poorly worded I guess, sorry. I still like the question. Although it’s flawed and floored by the fact that you don’t know the answer.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: March 02, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »

I have never said everyone voted for Brexit because of the lies. But the vote is 52/48 and those that was fooled by it could have definitely made the difference.

But away from all of this, I have asked and asked it again, how do we realistically get past the impasse? Not what you or me wants to happen, but instead what is genuinely realistic? And yes, whilst I want a second vote, for many different reasons, I think the only realistic solution is that we go back to the polls with a ballot of deal v remain. Otherwise, how on earth are we actually going to leave?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: March 02, 2019, 12:23:48 PM »

Put in simple terms the British public has decided to risk an economic hit, with those voting leave most at risk from rising unemployment, rather than accept current levels of immigration. This is going to end up in textbooks, and its only just beginning...incredible night

Put in more simple terms - David Cameron, the Tories and the people who voted for them have the led the country to precisely this point by holding a referendum in the first place. Don't blame the public

It's the Tory sneering class with their contempt for the rest of us that made this happen

Presumably the Tories have a plan since they determined we would have a referendum

The last sentence has aged well. OTOH, seems they did have a plan all along - Brexit is over

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: March 02, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »

the tabled equivalent of pissing into the wind....

Click to see full-size image.

The more I see of this overt continued campaigning - the more I believe that by whatever mechanism it takes, my electrician friend will be right with his 'we'll never be allowed to leave' - so obviously gonna come true dat - FACT

And so it's coming to pass

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: March 02, 2019, 01:25:45 PM »

After shifting my whole investment portfolio into Tinned Peaches Inc will be dev’d if the promised horrors don’t come to pass

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: March 02, 2019, 01:34:46 PM »

After shifting my whole investment portfolio into Tinned Peaches Inc will be dev’d if the promised horrors don’t come to pass

An actual true story happened chez moi the other day. A tin of peaches stood on a small work surface area near to our recycling bin. They were put there by my wife as they had passed their use by. Went straight to Co-op get a replacement.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: March 02, 2019, 03:05:13 PM »

An actual true story happened chez moi the other day. A tin of peaches stood on a small work surface area near to our recycling bin. They were put there by my wife as they had passed their use by. Went straight to Co-op get a replacement.

That’s the true British Bulldog spirit right there

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: March 02, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »

I think the fundamental problem with Theresa May's negotiations were that she bundled all the leave votes into a narrow class of what they 'meant' and drew up unrealistic red lines based upon them.

The fundamental flaw of the referendum was that no-one truly knows why anyone voted leave.  Split the leave vote into the various preferences that people actually had for what type of exit they prefer, and you probably replicate the same impasse that exists in Parliament, with Remain outweighing any of the options that any combination of Leave voters would deem as acceptable.  No deal/hard Brexit doesn't attract those wanting a single market with free movement of people, and the Labour-style option is equally unacceptable to those who don't recognise it as Brexit.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: March 02, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »

I think the fundamental problem with Theresa May's negotiations were that she bundled all the leave votes into a narrow class of what they 'meant' and drew up unrealistic red lines based upon them.

The fundamental flaw of the referendum was that no-one truly knows why anyone voted leave.  Split the leave vote into the various preferences that people actually had for what type of exit they prefer, and you probably replicate the same impasse that exists in Parliament, with Remain outweighing any of the options that any combination of Leave voters would deem as acceptable.  No deal/hard Brexit doesn't attract those wanting a single market with free movement of people, and the Labour-style option is equally unacceptable to those who don't recognise it as Brexit.

I know why I voted to leave.

1, obviously because I am dumb, as according to the bloke who used to be quite a wordsmith, now just name calls.

2, because I was sick of the rules we are governed by coming seemingly first hand from those people in Brussels.

3, I never once believed the Farage bus promises, but I wanted the UK to govern itself.

4 , I also expected better of our government in negotiating, rather than the plain cap in hand, May we leave, what are YOUR terms approach.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: March 02, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »

I know why I voted to leave.

1, obviously because I am dumb, as according to the bloke who used to be quite a wordsmith, now just name calls.

2, because I was sick of the rules we are governed by coming seemingly first hand from those people in Brussels.

3, I never once believed the Farage bus promises, but I wanted the UK to govern itself.

4 , I also expected better of our government in negotiating, rather than the plain cap in hand, May we leave, what are YOUR terms approach.

For once, BigArz and I are in agreement.

Especially on #4.

However, the argument that Sherrif makes is compelling and goes a long way toward explaining the current situation. I don’t like the current deal, as I understand it, and if pressed would rather stay and fight for change from within than leave on the terms on offer.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: