blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196107 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17115 on: April 06, 2019, 03:49:50 PM »

:-) That cartoon wins the internet for today.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17116 on: April 06, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »

People are getting hung up on what Leave supporters voted for. They didn't know what they were doing. Didn't grasp the complexity of the situation and long term damage.

Let's put it in these simple factual terms.

Leave voters had concerns. They voted for change.

Hopefully Remain can see the problem with saying Leave didn't understand they had concerns, they didn't know they wanted change.

More hopefully still Remain can grasp the complexity of the situation and long term damage when peoples vote for change and no change is forthcoming.  

The problem with ‘Leave’ is that it means different things to different people.  
The problem with ‘Change’ is that it is even more vague than ‘Leave’.

I agree that we can’t identity what change means to everybody but we can confidently assume it doesn’t mean remain the same.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #17117 on: April 06, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »

People are getting hung up on what Leave supporters voted for. They didn't know what they were doing. Didn't grasp the complexity of the situation and long term damage.

Let's put it in these simple factual terms.

Leave voters had concerns. They voted for change.

Hopefully Remain can see the problem with saying Leave didn't understand they had concerns, they didn't know they wanted change.

More hopefully still Remain can grasp the complexity of the situation and long term damage when peoples vote for change and no change is forthcoming.  

The problem with ‘Leave’ is that it means different things to different people.  
The problem with ‘Change’ is that it is even more vague than ‘Leave’.

I agree that we can’t identity what change means to everybody but we can confidently assume it doesn’t mean remain the same.

That's a meaningless statement. We could have a referendum on whether there should be change and you'll get 100% in favour, and it would be as meaningless as the Leave vote, as you haven't specified what 'change' means. When we had a referendum on replacing FPTP with PR, there were numerous PR options, just like there are many Leave options. What happened? The government chose one option and gave the public the choice between that or the status quo. Unfortunately they selected the worst version of PR in an attempt to undermine the referendum, but at least everyone knew what they were voting on and the consequences of it. The 2016 referendum was a joke, so poorly framed as Leave or Remain when it was obvious that Leave meant many things, some of them contradictory, and that people who wanted Leave would not be able to agree on what they did want.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #17118 on: April 06, 2019, 08:35:34 PM »

Again I would agree that if the referendum question was whether people wanted change/reform 100% would be in favour

Hence why the suggestion to just remain as before is such a ridiculous notion

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17119 on: April 06, 2019, 09:14:07 PM »

Again I would agree that if the referendum question was whether people wanted change/reform 100% would be in favour

It isn't a ridiculous motion - People now have a much clearer choice. The only reason leavers don't want it is because they believe they would lose the vote.

As for your earlier comments on people wanting change, of course people voted for change, but there is so many changes that won't happen. All the whole, you and others are too embarrassed to admit that people voted for half of the stuff I listed.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #17120 on: April 06, 2019, 09:55:28 PM »

It isn't a ridiculous motion - People now have a much clearer choice. The only reason leavers don't want it is because they believe they would lose the vote.

As for your earlier comments on people wanting change, of course people voted for change, but there is so many changes that won't happen. All the whole, you and others are too embarrassed to admit that people voted for half of the stuff I listed.

I couldn’t care less who won another vote and the last time I was embarrassed I was playing a daffodil in school assembly at about 6yrs old

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17121 on: April 07, 2019, 12:18:03 AM »

I couldn’t care less who won another vote and the last time I was embarrassed I was playing a daffodil in school assembly at about 6yrs old

Doesn’t surprise me you was playing a daffodil, they do tend to put the hateful and unintelligent behind the scenes. Did you shout any racist abuse as the daffodil?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17122 on: April 07, 2019, 12:59:55 AM »

Doesn’t surprise me you was playing a daffodil, they do tend to put the hateful and unintelligent behind the scenes. Did you shout any racist abuse as the daffodil?

Mantis wrote something quite funny and you respond like this ? Depressing

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #17123 on: April 07, 2019, 07:36:42 AM »

I wasn’t behind the scenes to begin with because I was originally cast as the lead munchkin. I had to come skipping onto stage leading all the other munchkins. At the 11th hour after weeks of rehearsals Miss Mannering decided I couldn’t skip and made me a daffodil. Still feel the pain tbf.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17124 on: April 07, 2019, 10:05:03 AM »

Wow. What a jerk off u r

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17125 on: April 07, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »

Wow. What a jerk off u r

While it’s a shame if anyone’s upset, this is 😂 funny.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17126 on: April 08, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »

Plenty of praise this weekend for Peter Oborne's article.  Not quite what you'd expect from a Daily Mail political correspondent, albeit he's writing here in a personal capacity:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/i-was-strong-brexiteer-now-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17127 on: April 08, 2019, 12:25:55 PM »

Plenty of praise this weekend for Peter Oborne's article.  Not quite what you'd expect from a Daily Mail political correspondent, albeit he's writing here in a personal capacity:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/i-was-strong-brexiteer-now-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

Understandably getting plenty of applause from remainers. Maybe the quality of the arguments matters less than the fact that people do indeed change their minds, whatever their reasons

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17128 on: April 08, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »

Out of. Interest. Does anyone still reading this think Brexit will happen? Perhaps it's counterintuitive but I think the only route now is a second ref.

sola virtus nobilitat
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #17129 on: April 08, 2019, 12:48:29 PM »

Out of. Interest. Does anyone still reading this think Brexit will happen? Perhaps it's counterintuitive but I think the only route now is a second ref.

Define Brexit.

I think at some point in the next three years we will no longer be a full member state of the EU.
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: