blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197306 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17580 on: May 28, 2019, 07:46:20 PM »

Meanwhile Jezza expels Alastair Campbell from the Labour Party.

Seems to be uproar as it took a couple of days to do it yet members accused of threatening to kill MP’s and anti semitic stuff are at worst suspended for months on end.

God help us if that delusional clown ever gets to be PM.

Amazing

as was the Conservatives suspending Heseltine

what exactly are centrist type remainers meant to do in the face of collective madness in both front benches?

vote Lib Dem seemed sensible enough to me :-)

Why tell everyone though? That is political madness. Say you don't agree with what your party are up to at the moment, but dont tell the world and expect sympathy.

A bit like cheating on your wife, despite her being a bad wife, and then shouting it out to the world.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17581 on: May 28, 2019, 07:58:46 PM »

Seems to be uproar as it took a couple of days to do it yet members accused of threatening to kill MP’s and anti semitic stuff are at worst suspended for months on end.

Amazing

what exactly are centrist type remainers meant to do in the face of collective madness in both front benches?

Why tell everyone though? That is political madness. Say you don't agree with what your party are up to at the moment, but dont tell the world and expect sympathy.

A bit like cheating on your wife, despite her being a bad wife, and then shouting it out to the world.......

If you are an influential figure and are sure you are doing the right thing (Campbell and Heseltine are), it absolutely makes sense to tell everyone. Neither of them expect sympathy.

It’s not remotely like cheating on a bad wife and shouting it to the world. An almost Mantisesque analogy.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17582 on: May 28, 2019, 08:02:57 PM »

Amazing

It’s an interesting situation for other members who voted Lib Dem (or other), pending the appeal, I might be taking a scissors to my membership card.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17583 on: May 28, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

Amazing

If you are an influential figure and are sure you are doing the right thing (Campbell and Heseltine are), it absolutely makes sense to tell everyone. Neither of them expect sympathy.

It’s not remotely like cheating on a bad wife and shouting it to the world. An almost Mantisesque analogy.

It’s responses like this that give you a bad name kukushkin.

Even though you may be right, there’s really no need to ridicule.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17584 on: May 28, 2019, 09:10:09 PM »

Amazing

Its absolutely fine with me, under the old rule of "dish it, take it" etc. But thank you.

However, just because Kush has written it doesn't mean it is right and I'm still happy with the analogy.

If you are daft enough to tell the world you have cheated on the closest one to you, what do you expect?  He can wrap it up however he likes, he ain't changing my mind, or making me feel stupid about it! Cool Cool

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17585 on: May 28, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »

Amazing

Its absolutely fine with me, under the old rule of "dish it, take it" etc. But thank you.

However, just because Kush has written it doesn't mean it is right and I'm still happy with the analogy.

If you are daft enough to tell the world you have cheated on the closest one to you, what do you expect?  He can wrap it up however he likes, he ain't changing my mind, or making me feel stupid about it! Cool Cool

It’s only that you seem to have completely misunderstood. Telling people what he has done, is the key and only important part of what he has done.  Heseltine the same, what they are specifically saying is that they want to everyone to know that they oppose Brexit so strongly that they have voted against their own party for the only time in their lives. They clearly really want people to know that, so not telling them would be a mistake (a big mistake).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: May 28, 2019, 10:25:44 PM »

Amazing

If you are daft enough to tell the world you have cheated on the closest one to you, what do you expect?  He can wrap it up however he likes, he ain't changing my mind, or making me feel stupid about it! Cool Cool

It’s only that you seem to have completely misunderstood. Telling people what he has done, is the key and only important part of what he has done.  Heseltine the same, what they are specifically saying is that they want to everyone to know that they oppose Brexit so strongly that they have voted against their own party for the only time in their lives. They clearly really want people to know that, so not telling them would be a mistake (a big mistake).

No Mr must have the final say, I haven't misunderstood, I understood the premise of what they are doing, but in this day and age where hidden meanings and innuendo are now frowned upon, it was always going to backfire.

God you're stupid.......

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: May 28, 2019, 10:34:38 PM »

Amazing

No Mr must have the final say, I haven't misunderstood, I understood the premise of what they are doing, but in this day and age where hidden meanings and innuendo are now frowned upon, it was always going to backfire.

God you're stupid.......

Hidden meanings and innuendo :-). Literally the only thing they wanted to do was tell everybody the exact thing that they told them. They said they would be voting Lib Dem. Both of them in one sentence and in short and easy to understand words. They told this to the major news outlets in the country. It couldn’t be simpler or more straightforward. They did this to make clear their opposition to Brexit.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: May 28, 2019, 10:37:48 PM »

Let's put it another way, so that hopefully Kush understands.

Whilst I happy acknowledged that Wenger had to go, and told anyone who cared to listen that Arsenal were going the wrong way, you would still hear me cheer them on every Saturday.

To hear me cheer for Liverpool, Spurs etc in the pub would be totally unacceptable to all other Arsenal fans regardless of the point I was trying to make.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: May 28, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »

Whilst I happy acknowledged that Wenger had to go, and told anyone who cared to listen that Arsenal were going the wrong way, you would still hear me cheer them on every Saturday.

To hear me cheer for Liverpool, Spurs etc in the pub would be totally unacceptable to all other Arsenal fans regardless of the point I was trying to make.

This is why democracy is desperately flawed. You can’t actually think it is in anyway on any level like supporting a football team......Can you?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:42:20 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17590 on: May 28, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »

This is why democracy is desperately flawed. You can’t actually think it’s like supporting a football team......Can you?

You can only make it soooo simple, before you have to just shrug your shoulders and realise some people will never understand, no matter how much you bring it back to basics......

Why do you stay hidden as a member, btw? Always interested me that. What do you think it achieves?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17591 on: May 28, 2019, 10:52:35 PM »

This is why democracy is desperately flawed. You can’t actually think it’s like supporting a football team......Can you?

You can only make it soooo simple, before you have to just shrug your shoulders and realise some people will never understand, no matter how much you bring it back to basics......

Why do you stay hidden as a member, btw? Always interested me that. What do you think it achieves?

So you’re saying political allegiance is like loyalty to a football team and you’re also saying it’s me who doesn’t understand :-) What you describe is the opposite of democratic.

Not sure about the hidden thing, I don’t recall ever turning it on and probably wouldn’t know how to turn it off, I’ll have a look at that now and let you know.

edit: no longer hidden :-), it had probably been like that for > 10 years.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:58:18 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:31 PM »

Anyhows.

I guess the respective parties were sick and tired of being told how stupid they were, by know it all senior members.

In the end the best solution was obviously to just tell them to Fuck Off.......

Couldn't condone such actions despite the striking similarities(before someone tries to slap a ban on me) Wink

NN.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: May 28, 2019, 11:07:56 PM »

I like this Rory Stewart guy.

His videos are endearing and I like the language he uses.

Purposefully not looking at his past voting record as assume he voted to kill poor people or something. He seems nice. Does he have a chance?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17594 on: May 28, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »

I like this Rory Stewart guy.

His videos are endearing and I like the language he uses.

Purposefully not looking at his past voting record as assume he voted to kill poor people or something. He seems nice. Does he have a chance?

Weird looking fker so I’d say not 

Dominic Raab so far for me but it’s early days and I’m open to changing my mind......
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: