blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195894 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17925 on: June 06, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »

Recognise anyone? (from Britain thinks)

You’re bottom right for sure  Grin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: June 06, 2019, 03:30:47 PM »

i recall plenty of reform from within, on here too.

recently i have been talking about a path to revoke, which attracts a lot of concessions from the EU (whether financial or reform) in exchange for a commitment to stay, as what maybe the final coda to a pretty grim three years pre-during-post negotiations that failed. weneed to go through more failure, 31st October, parliament blocking no deal etc before that gets talked about a lot though

if we do leave with no deal i still think there is a majority view that there will be if not "hell to pay" then severe consequences just some of that majority think its a price worth paying to get out.

This is like complete pie in the sky isn't it. It becomes like the biggest pie in the biggest sky ever if one rules out no deal.

If it makes people feel better to say these things rather than just revoke because they think they know best then it just continues the general level of deceit, blah etc

Still be interested in what reforms the path to revoke community would seek
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:33:11 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: June 06, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »

i recall plenty of reform from within, on here too.

recently i have been talking about a path to revoke, which attracts a lot of concessions from the EU (whether financial or reform) in exchange for a commitment to stay, as what maybe the final coda to a pretty grim three years pre-during-post negotiations that failed. weneed to go through more failure, 31st October, parliament blocking no deal etc before that gets talked about a lot though

if we do leave with no deal i still think there is a majority view that there will be if not "hell to pay" then severe consequences just some of that majority think its a price worth paying to get out.

This is like complete pie in the sky isn't it. It becomes like the biggest pie in the biggest sky ever if one rules out no deal.

If it makes people feel better to say these things rather than just revoke because they think they know best then it just continues the general level of deceit, blah etc

Still be interested in what reforms the path to revoke community would seek

if you rule out no deal

and we don't do a deal

and Boris or whoever doesn't want an election

and neither front bench wants a second referendum

what happens? we extend for a couple of years? absolute maximum is the end of this electoral five years. they can't go back to the country with Brexit still unresolved, would get murdered...

(its currently pie in the sky, but if "none of the above" happen, might it not emerge as the de facto?) so

"path to revoke" reforms off the top of my head. might not get any of them, but who knows, if its "none of the above".....

eg financial, legal, other EU country contributions, commitments to no further expansion, commitments to reduced freedom of movement from outside EU, joint commitment to accelerate IT work on border technology to alleviate irish problem.

without any time spent on fleshing out the details!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: June 06, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »

Recognise anyone? (from Britain thinks)

You’re bottom right for sure  Grin

sometimes. try very hard to be top right!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: June 06, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »

i should add, none of "path to revoke" is even feasible without a leader with a lot of chutzpah, who can take brexiteers in parliament firstly and in the country secondly with him with personal and poll ratings that allow it.

(obviously a Boris volte face after no progress is the only obvious way that happens)

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: June 06, 2019, 04:34:40 PM »

i should add, none of "path to revoke" is even feasible without a leader with a lot of chutzpah, who can take brexiteers in parliament firstly and in the country secondly with him with personal and poll ratings that allow it.

(obviously a Boris volte face after no progress is the only obvious way that happens)

Aah. I get Yr points. Think a GE and ref both more likely than someone straight revoking. Pathetic attempt at no deal if Boris wins, no confidence. Dont know if this can happen but a cobbled together majority for ref rather than GE.under any one like Gove, Stewart etc..long extension, time runs out and go into 2022 GE and who knows what labour might look like by then

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: June 06, 2019, 04:41:52 PM »

a government of national unity perhaps?

get something through parliament somehow

My eyes are open wide
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: June 06, 2019, 10:22:08 PM »

At these commemorations for DDay I'm surprised each time by the level of bravery, how young so many troops were and am filled with admiration for the British people. Makes the constant dismissal of old people as xenophobes, racists etc to suit people's identitarian nonsense all the more jarring.

But people like Aaron have no respect at all for the past and what people have done for them.

They have been brought up in a world, where despite screaming austerity at every corner, have never wanted for anything. They have never experienced the true fear of loved ones going to war, or losing family in such a way.

They have zero understanding or acceptance of anyone else's views but themselves and even after denying time after time they have called Brexiteers racists, then call it The Racist Party, and no doubt in 2 pages times claim again  they never called anyone a racist.

As you say. You see those dear old fellas, and read Aaron's comments and it sickens me the lack of respect and humility shown by so many in this country.

Wow, hilarious.

I’ve never mentioned anything to do with D-Day or anything to do with war. You’re just trying to score pathetic points. It has nothing to do with the Brexit vote.

You talk about respect, but you’re the one voting for the hateful campaigners at the top of Brexit. Not me. So, please, don’t use the word respect in any of your future posts, considering the people you are voting for & accepting their values.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: June 06, 2019, 10:41:22 PM »

Talking of people at the top, how more cringe can JCorbs actually become?

Fella needs a damn good milkshaking.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: June 06, 2019, 10:56:07 PM »

Not sure many here would turn one down...

Edit I didn't realise that was ambiguous.  In the days before google,  I thought that song only had one meaning.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:02:29 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: June 06, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

We agree on this Mantis 🤣
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: June 06, 2019, 11:10:30 PM »

I quite enjoyed this

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/05/pmqs-hits-peak-futility-after-thornberry-banished-to-the-gulag

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: June 06, 2019, 11:35:09 PM »

Peterborough by election today, Brexit party have Mike Greene standing. Seems like a nice guy-he was on secret millionaire:

https://youtu.be/pnH_oCgYP2A

Votes are being counted now, results expected in the early hours.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: June 07, 2019, 12:17:37 AM »

Peterborough by election today, Brexit party have Mike Greene standing. Seems like a nice guy-he was on secret millionaire:

https://youtu.be/pnH_oCgYP2A

Votes are being counted now, results expected in the early hours.

By the looks of Twitter it might not be the easy win for the Racist Party we all expected.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #17939 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:27 AM »

Doesn’t really matter about what twitter says though, does it? Exchange has Brexit shortening to about evens with Labour now 👀
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: