blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196190 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18210 on: June 20, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »

So it's Boris v Hunt.

Boris only gained 3 additional votes in the final round. That was of the 34 voters that were freed up when Javid was eliminated.

Gove got 14 of them. Hunt got 18 of them. A few tactical votes in their after a word from Bojo? We will never know.

Boris 1/12
Hunt 9/1

The first head to head debate is on the 9th July.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: June 20, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

So it's Boris v Hunt.

Boris only gained 3 additional votes in the final round. That was of the 34 voters that were freed up when Javid was eliminated.

Gove got 14 of them. Hunt got 18 of them. A few tactical votes in their after a word from Bojo? We will never know.

Boris 1/12
Hunt 9/1

The first head to head debate is on the 9th July.

Wouldn’t make a blind big of difference, Boris will smash it either way.....
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: June 20, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »

Be com when him and the don get together.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: June 20, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »

Having thought about it, I am happy Boris will become PM. He’s dug himself such a hole with EU and other parties that it makes it even more likely that sense will prevail and we will end up revoking A50 as they won’t give him a new deal & then it’s either a NC/GE.

I’ve always thought that Hunt could be that centerist that just gets it over the line through just adding a few small bits to the WA and not antagonising the EU.

Going to be comical when we revoke & Boris never seen in public life again.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: June 20, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »

Having thought about it, I am happy Boris will become PM. He’s dug himself such a hole with EU and other parties that it makes it even more likely that sense will prevail and we will end up revoking A50 as they won’t give him a new deal & then it’s either a NC/GE.

I’ve always thought that Hunt could be that centerist that just gets it over the line through just adding a few small bits to the WA and not antagonising the EU.

Some pretty desperate assumptions there buddy.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:41:25 PM by Woodsey » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: June 20, 2019, 09:56:20 PM »

Yah hope we see sense and revoke democracy

Going to be comical when we become N Korea

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: June 20, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »

I think Aaron likes  writing out daydreams ITT Smiley

I'm a remoaner, but we should just take our medicine now and crack on. If we're fucked, we're fucked.

I'll probably last another 30-40 years to see what transpires, now that I just let the doctors medicate me.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: June 21, 2019, 06:10:14 AM »

I think Aaron likes  writing out daydreams ITT Smiley

I'm a remoaner, but we should just take our medicine now and crack on. If we're fucked, we're fucked.

I'll probably last another 30-40 years to see what transpires, now that I just let the doctors medicate me.

Big difference with you mate is you don’t actually moan about it....the best attitude.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: June 21, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »

I see a Greenpeace protest went a little wrong yesterday when an MP had to remove a protester himself.

Calls for him to be sacked are crazy.

If the woman had a knife or a bomb on her, he would be a hero, but in this day and age he ends up a villain.

If these people run across rooms in a threatening manner, I feel they bypass the right to be treated like adults a and deserve all they get.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: June 21, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »

I see a Greenpeace protest went a little wrong yesterday when an MP had to remove a protester himself.

If the woman had a knife or a bomb on her, he would be a hero, but in this day and age he ends up a villain.

If these people run across rooms in a threatening manner, I feel they bypass the right to be treated like adults a and deserve all they get.

What is it about these wankers that think they can just do what they want without consequence? She got off pretty lightly by simply getting chucked out of the room...
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: June 21, 2019, 08:01:49 AM »

What is it about these wankers that think they can just do what they want without consequence? She got off pretty lightly by simply getting chucked out of the room...

Watching the footage again, she is in no pain, she is actually smirking. And this bloke will likely lose his job.

Where is the disgrace?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: June 21, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »

Watching the footage again, she is in no pain, she is actually smirking. And this bloke will likely lose his job.

Where is the disgrace?

There isn’t any disgrace, they film these things deliberately and hope something like this happens just to kick up a fuss and get the publicity, they don’t care if it causes someone to lose their job in the process.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:37:28 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: June 21, 2019, 08:56:38 AM »

Where is the disgrace?

She seems to grimace when he shoves her first time, and it looks like she carries om grimacing, though it is hard to tell.   I think it is clearer that he is pretty angry, and an angry man pushing a woman by the neck is not a good look.   I can understand why he is aggressive, but think he ends up resigning.

I think the police will investigate the "assault", as they should do, and will then press no charges.

He doesn't lose his job for stopping the woman, he loses it for the manner he did it.  He could have just stopped her and waited for police/security removed her "correctly". I acceot it is hard to act correctly in the spur of the moment, but it us hard to believe that he thought a climate change protester in an evening gown had a knife.

And FWIW he is pretty likely to remain as an MP, so he going to get demoted and not lose his job.   Give it a while and he can start climbing that greasy pole again.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: June 21, 2019, 09:20:01 AM »

Can a no deal Brexit be imposed on us?

I.e. we tick down to the date and can't get a new deal over the line. We hit the date and "no deal" just happens? I.e. doesn't need to pass through a parliamentary vote
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: June 21, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »

Can a no deal Brexit be imposed on us?

I.e. we tick down to the date and can't get a new deal over the line. We hit the date and "no deal" just happens? I.e. doesn't need to pass through a parliamentary vote

Yes that's what will happen. However parliament has previously acted to stop that happening, e.g. legislating that we seek an extension rather than hit that date. That's why some candidates have been going on about proroguing parliament to try and prevent that happening. Very democratic denying my elected MP a voice.

Blue text
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: