blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199164 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18255 on: June 21, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »

"The only possible conclusion of Stewart’s defeat is that the Tories have finally given up on reality. They don’t want to hear the truth because they can’t afford to.

My take on the slow-motion death of the party of government"

from a few days ago. It was a shame. Next time he will have a real shot if Brexit continues on this path

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/19/rory-stewarts-exit-means-the-tories-have-now-given-up-on-reality

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: June 21, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »

On Monday, Boris mumbled GATT24 when asked about no deal

Here's the Commons library on GATT 24.

"No-deal means trade under WTO terms. The UK could choose to apply zero tariffs to the EU unilaterally However, the WTO’s Most Favoured Nation (MFN) rule prevents discrimination between WTO members".

probably a bit heavy for a friday night, but he's the article 24 explainer

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: June 21, 2019, 05:15:58 PM »

Kuku you idiotically pigeonhole all Leave voters as “simpletons”

Then complain about people who idiotically pigeonhole

Then complain about double standards

Ha, i pigeon hole you, Woodsey and Adz as simpletons, no one else.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: June 21, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »

This about sums up the PM in waiting:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/05/repellent-chaotic-and-serial-liar-boris-johnson-would-be-catastrophic-prime?fbclid=IwAR3Z1-JwK5Ow4N5-8ROqqUVPBqcNQZ0eWV5Av7SyV42meuJeBqU8kvUPbas
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: June 21, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »

and a very good counter-factual

why political journalists keep getting it wrong

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/06/why-political-journalism-keeps-getting-it-wrong

My eyes are open wide
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: June 21, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »

and a very good counter-factual

why political journalists keep getting it wrong

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/06/why-political-journalism-keeps-getting-it-wrong

This is a pretty interesting read,

This is not.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: June 21, 2019, 06:19:26 PM »

It was only supposed to be a reasonable summation of the man, I didn’t think it would be interesting, it’s not much more than a list of the shortcomings of an abysmal human being.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: June 21, 2019, 06:25:41 PM »

It was only supposed to be a reasonable summation of the man, I didn’t think it would be interesting, it’s not much more than a list of the shortcomings of an abysmal human being.

Shortcomings? He is a potential PM, whereas you just chase turds around London, I don’t think he’ll be much worried about your assessment of him 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: June 21, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »

Err for starters you said all racists voted for Brexit

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: June 21, 2019, 06:36:21 PM »

The Anne Widdecombe quotes:-

"I also pointed out there was a time when we thought it was quite impossible for men to become women and vice versa.

And the fact we now think it’s quite impossible for people to switch sexuality doesn’t mean science may not yet produce an answer at some stage.”

Simple answer from MP Wes Streeting - Ann Widdecombe is a relic from a bygone era, whose petty prejudices are out of touch with the vast majority in Britain.

Amazes me that people not only hold views like this but feel comfortable voicing them.

Just when things were going so well for Nige.

Must have been major face palm time when he heard about this Roll Eyes

He knew exactly what he was doing when getting AW on board. It’s no secret that she is homophobic. It’s hate like that, that got Brexit votes & votes for the new Racist Party. You just can’t see it.

Trying to link Brexit and homophobia is just daft.

You make it sound like 52% of the population are racist homophobics.

It would be equally poor judgement to doubt that the hateful people rally to one side of this. Being a a racist, homophobe, Brexiteer, xenophobe, nationalist is strongly correlated. Of course not everyone is on the same part of the spectrum but all the hate will be correlated, when you analyse the whole group.

Interesting, because this is pretty darn close without actually saying the words......ridiculous view.....

It really isn’t close at all. Let’s try and explain it like this. Let’s say there are 17.4 million Brexiteers and 13 racists. Let’s say 11 of the racists are Brexit supporters and two are remainers. Am I saying all Brexiteers are racists? Seems like there are 17,399,989 non racists but more of the racists on the Brexit side. It’s a simple and perhaps not even particularly important point, that the racists however many or few there are, identify more strongly with the pro Brexit side of the debate. No one actually doubts this do they?

(Numbers made up for the purpose of demonstration, obvs)

Of course I didn’t, pretty amazing when we have spots like this and then you don’t like when it’s pointed that you are a simpleton. Read this again and ask for help if you get to a bit that you don’t understand.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: June 21, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

I’m not saying that they are, they might be less than 1%, what I am saying is that for all practical purposes (do we have a method of measurement?) all of the racists are on one side of this argument. All of the racists are proudly Brexit. Shall we try and find one who opposes Brexit? Name one racist who opposes Brexit.

Course you didn’t

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: June 21, 2019, 06:46:14 PM »

Shortcomings? He is a potential PM, whereas you just chase turds around London, I don’t think he’ll be much worried about your assessment of him 

I won’t labour this one but maybe one more go. Becoming an MP doesn’t require you to have ever been good anything. If Conservative MP’s and 170,000 members make him PM we have still learnt nothing about the character of the man. He is just an abysmal human being. Just a shit, pathetic and terrible liar, not even close to being good enough to avoid getting caught. Being caught out as an inveterate liar would be a negative in any other field.

I’ll discuss this one even less, you clearly don’t know what I do for a living.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: June 21, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »

Shall we talk about the shortcomings of JCorbs?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: June 21, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »

You can’t tar the vast majority of the the 52% with the same brush as the extremists that vote for far right, Tommy Robinson style parties.

Whilst the extremists will have voted for Brexit, you cannot equate the two views overall as the same.

Those extreme views are not held by the overwhelming majority of Brexit voters.

I’m not saying that they are, they might be less than 1%, what I am saying is that for all practical purposes (do we have a method of measurement?) all of the racists are on one side of this argument. All of the racists are proudly Brexit. Shall we try and find one who opposes Brexit? Name one racist who opposes Brexit.

Course you didn’t

Do you really not understand? It’s so so simple. Let’s try and make it easier. Let’s imagine there are 17.4 million people who voted Brexit and less than 17.4 million people who are racists in total. You actually get to pick any number you like that is smaller than 17.4 million and it should help you understand (there are lots to pick from).

In reality the total number of who are racists is probably quite small (in the context of 17.4m,) none of us know how many but it will be a small proportion.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: June 21, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »

Shows what a pompous idiot you are then. Probably three of us show the most common sense on this thread.

You might have a high IQ, but to call us simpletons shows you are clueless yourself, worse still, clueless with no class.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: