blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 1233 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191962 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18420 on: June 24, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »

Boris Johnson’s pitch is all about his character. That’s why the row in his flat matters

Matthew d’Ancona

It's in the guardian, so feel free to ignore it

Good writer though

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-politics-personality-row-flat-prime-minister

The Guardian arguing a public interest case for a piece of privacy invasion that they committed is a “they would say that, wouldn’t they?”  moment.

The rest of the piece, revisiting the burqa article as though it demonstrated some form of islamophobia, rather than a defence of the right of Muslim women. The picaninnie article was written in 2002. The link supplied by d’Ancona on LGBT issues links to an article that references his words in the 1990s and highlights his support of the abolition of S28, and his support of Gay Marriage.

Yeah, we should be interested in his character since he is about to become PM. But i’m more inclined to believe that BoJo has changed views on some issues than I would be if Corbyn suddenly presented himself as being anti-hamas.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18421 on: June 24, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »

Jeremy Hunt, the "more sensible" of two candidates for Prime Minister, actually said this, and it was written down verbatim,

not so I can stare at it in complete disbelief, that's a bi-product.

4% margin is dog shit

Any given variable at any moment would have drastic impact

A business like that could fold if somebody sneezed

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: June 24, 2019, 04:49:50 PM »

4% may not be right, but these figures are a little out of date

10% tariffs would still cause them a problem if they couldn't increase their sale price

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: June 24, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

Boris Johnson’s pitch is all about his character. That’s why the row in his flat matters

Matthew d’Ancona

It's in the guardian, so feel free to ignore it

Good writer though

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-politics-personality-row-flat-prime-minister

The Guardian arguing a public interest case for a piece of privacy invasion that they committed is a “they would say that, wouldn’t they?”  moment.

The rest of the piece, revisiting the burqa article as though it demonstrated some form of islamophobia, rather than a defence of the right of Muslim women. The picaninnie article was written in 2002. The link supplied by d’Ancona on LGBT issues links to an article that references his words in the 1990s and highlights his support of the abolition of S28, and his support of Gay Marriage.

Yeah, we should be interested in his character since he is about to become PM. But i’m more inclined to believe that BoJo has changed views on some issues than I would be if Corbyn suddenly presented himself as being anti-hamas.

I just reread that and thought there might be a risk that people thought I would be happy with BoJo PM. I wouldn’t.
But there are far better reasons to not want him as PM than the half-baked stuff that people like d’Ancona regurgitate time after time.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: June 24, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »

Failing businesses gonna fail

It’s like when those terrible singers audition for Britain’s Got Talent. Best just to tell em straight, find something else cos singing ain’t working out.

But in all seriousness any conditions that promote greater efficiency and competitive reform has to have some merit overall

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18425 on: June 25, 2019, 10:19:04 AM »

Boris just bluffed his way through his LBC interview.

It’s embarrassing. Charm and bluster only goes so far.

Shame we are going to end up with him and Jezza as the leaders of the main political forces in our country.

They couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery between them.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:59 PM »

It's moved beyond parody

https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1143500438848856064

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18427 on: June 25, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »

Surely that can't be genuine? What is he on?

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: June 25, 2019, 03:50:14 PM »

Simon McCoy

LOL one liner at the end

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1143526589982040065

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: June 25, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »

Wow such an intense interest in what Boris does in private. Significant and obvious attempts to discredit which is all well and good but remarkable transformation for wizards at this time. Deep analytical economic commentary throughout Brexit to complete flip flop into trashy tabloid mud slingers.

I gotta ask if it’s the right time for this kind of glib point scoring under the guise of next pm’s character rah rah. Think Maybot faced a single question about wheat fields. Anyways always good to see the ever neutral bbc adding fuel with their political jokey jibes, haha, isn’t it funny considering Armageddon, no medicine and toilet paper shortages just around the corner..

Incidentally and in all seriousness I think making cardboard buses and happy passengers sounds strangely appealing.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

Wow such an intense interest in what Boris does in private. Significant and obvious attempts to discredit which is all well and good but remarkable transformation for wizards at this time. Deep analytical economic commentary throughout Brexit to complete flip flop into trashy tabloid mud slingers.

I gotta ask if it’s the right time for this kind of glib point scoring under the guise of next pm’s character rah rah. Think Maybot faced a single question about wheat fields. Anyways always good to see the ever neutral bbc adding fuel with their political jokey jibes, haha, isn’t it funny considering Armageddon, no medicine and toilet paper shortages just around the corner..

Incidentally and in all seriousness I think making cardboard buses and happy passengers sounds strangely appealing.

I’m right of centre but Boris is not competent to be PM.

The private life stuff is bang out of order but no wonder he wants to avoid any questions and the media. Ignoring the private stuff; it’s car crash interviews which are just embarrassing.

Do we really want him as PM? Seriously he’s so full of bluster and bullshit it’s scary to watch.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18431 on: June 25, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »

Strangely being the operative word.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: June 25, 2019, 08:53:38 PM »

I really don’t want Boris or Hunt as PM but what are the other choices??

UK right now is simply not getting on board with any kind of collaboration or unity strategy...which is the only answer to Brexit. Totally bizarre really.

So whilst he isn’t my cup of tea I will back him all the way because the alternative is just drifting along in a divisive haze towards oblivion. No medicine or Mars bars and businesses imploding but haha Boris made a cardboard bus and we heard a woman scream haha. Just bizarre, especially from wizard thinking types.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18433 on: June 25, 2019, 09:00:45 PM »

I really don’t want Boris or Hunt as PM but what are the other choices??

UK right now is simply not getting on board with any kind of collaboration or unity strategy...which is the only answer to Brexit. Totally bizarre really.

So whilst he isn’t my cup of tea I will back him all the way because the alternative is just drifting along in a divisive haze towards oblivion. No medicine or Mars bars and businesses imploding but haha Boris made a cardboard bus and we heard a woman scream haha. Just bizarre, especially from wizard thinking types.

Hand on heart, do you think he makes cardboard buses and paints happy passengers on them or do you think he tells lies?

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: June 25, 2019, 09:05:38 PM »

I think politicians tell lies mate

Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 1233 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: