blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195462 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18630 on: July 04, 2019, 12:51:03 PM »

"Nous allons, wir gehen, we're off"

Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe compares Brexit to slaves rising up against their owners, telling the European Parliament there is a long history of "oppressed people turning on their oppressors"

http://bbc.in/2Jb9uWV

(cringe, more embarrasment..and yes the bollocks to brexit t-shirts are cringeworthy too from the other side)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18631 on: July 04, 2019, 12:54:03 PM »

Who voted Brexit Party in 2019?

Demographics of the Brexit Party vote 

Source: forthcoming work w/Clarke, Stewart & Whiteley

cliffs:No social class or gender divide any more among committed Brexit voters. Age now the biggest factor, the older you are the more likely, plus income, the richer you are the less likely.

Who is voting for the Brexit Party?

now new data is presented as % of Brexit Party electorate. Here you go

-77% earning £0-41,000 per annum
-68% secondary school of less
-49% working-class

Someone tell Boris

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #18632 on: July 04, 2019, 01:17:55 PM »

cliffs:No social class or gender divide any more among committed Brexit voters. Age now the biggest factor, the older you are the more likely, plus income, the richer you are the less likely.

-49% working-class

Someone tell Boris

I can't find completely up to date data but in the country as a whole the earning amount is about the same as the national total, the level of qualification is a bit higher (59% from the 2011 census) and the number of working class is tricky (about 25% of people actually work in 'working class' jobs but surveys show 60% of people might identify as 'working class').

I though a little bit of context might be a little bit helpful for those figures.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18633 on: July 04, 2019, 05:00:49 PM »

-49% working-class

Someone tell Boris

I can't find completely up to date data but in the country as a whole the earning amount is about the same as the national total, the level of qualification is a bit higher (59% from the 2011 census) and the number of working class is tricky (about 25% of people actually work in 'working class' jobs but surveys show 60% of people might identify as 'working class').

I though a little bit of context might be a little bit helpful for those figures.

Does feel like it's deliberately drawn to fit a narrative that Brexit types are thick and poor ergo likely to be ill informed/wrong and should be dismissed

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18634 on: July 04, 2019, 06:04:37 PM »

-49% working-class

Someone tell Boris

Does feel like it's deliberately drawn to fit a narrative that Brexit types are thick and poor ergo likely to be ill informed/wrong and should be dismissed

Been the narrative from the start. Obviously when you are thick as pigshit, like what I am, it just helps fuel the fire, as seen on here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18635 on: July 04, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »

This does sum it up well:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157450546238383&id=542218382&ref=content_filter
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18636 on: July 04, 2019, 08:08:26 PM »

Rhubarb

I’m well liberal and passionate about equality. I don’t give two fucks about the lol empire or austerity. I welcome immigration.

More so I care about fairness and democracy. These principles mean more to me than the quantity of dollar in my pocket actually.

Looking at how the recent EU leaders were chosen please somebody explain how anybody who believes in fairness and democracy can support such an organisation? This is the middle ground majority objection not the minority extreme objections quoted

These bore to death arguments about little England, no nappies, queues at Dover and the Boris bus really need to stop. I mean people are pissed about losing the empire? Oh fuck off. Zzz

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18637 on: July 04, 2019, 08:32:34 PM »

Rhubarb

I’m well liberal and passionate about equality. I don’t give two fucks about the lol empire or austerity. I welcome immigration.

More so I care about fairness and democracy. These principles mean more to me than the quantity of dollar in my pocket actually.

Looking at how the recent EU leaders were chosen please somebody explain how anybody who believes in fairness and democracy can support such an organisation? This is the middle ground majority objection not the minority extreme objections quoted

These bore to death arguments about little England, no nappies, queues at Dover and the Boris bus really need to stop. I mean people are pissed about losing the empire? Oh fuck off. Zzz

It’s not about the money in my pocket or your pocket though is it. They acknowledge that no deal will be a recession akin to 2008, that means lots of people die unnecessarily. The fact that people like me and you play golf, ski, surf (overseas) and sail a little less is irrelevant.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18638 on: July 04, 2019, 08:40:11 PM »

That Widdicombe speech is a disgrace straight out of the nazi handbook

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18639 on: July 04, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »

Rhubarb

It’s not about the money in my pocket or your pocket though is it. They acknowledge that no deal will be a recession akin to 2008, that means lots of people die unnecessarily. The fact that people like me and you play golf, ski, surf (overseas) and sail a little less is irrelevant.

Thx for the explanation about how choosing EU leaders is fair and democratic

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18640 on: July 04, 2019, 09:13:32 PM »

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/editorial-europe-treatment-of-migrants-is-worse-than-trump-a-1275539.html

This treatment of migrants is out of the same handbook - it's shameful and I have no idea why so many people look up to this pretty bankrupt organisation.

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18641 on: July 04, 2019, 09:35:54 PM »

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/editorial-europe-treatment-of-migrants-is-worse-than-trump-a-1275539.html

This treatment of migrants is out of the same handbook - it's shameful and I have no idea why so many people look up to this pretty bankrupt organisation.

The far right have a big say now, the people voted for it. Is The Spiegel a serious paper?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18642 on: July 04, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »

The far right have a big say now, the people voted for it. Is The Spiegel a serious paper?

So, the EU is far right ? Or the minority far right says let's let migrants die and the right centre and left just say 'yah, seems reasonable, it's important we stay united'

Come on, it's just a very good example of their pathetic (in)action at times of just about any crisis and symbolic of the isolationist and protectionist views that are prevalent. Der Spiegel is certainly serious and I think this is their online presence

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18643 on: July 04, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »

So, the EU is far right ? Or the minority far right says let's let migrants die and the right centre and left just say 'yah, seems reasonable, it's important we stay united'

Come on, it's just a very good example of their pathetic (in)action at times of just about any crisis and symbolic of the isolationist and protectionist views that are prevalent. Der Spiegel is certainly serious and I think this is their online presence

The EU only represents the people who live in it, it is elected by them. They at various elections have asked for a tougher line on immigration. There has to be a better way of course, very difficult problem, especially as long as people are continually told that migrants are a problem.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18644 on: July 05, 2019, 12:11:42 AM »

The EU only represents the people who live in it, it is elected by them. They at various elections have asked for a tougher line on immigration. There has to be a better way of course, very difficult problem, especially as long as people are continually told that migrants are a problem.

It's an institutional failure and we shouldn't conflate views on immigration and immigration levels with a humanitarian crisis. The lack of action just needs to be condemned outright.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: