blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 1248 1249 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2189815 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18660 on: July 05, 2019, 09:27:11 PM »

I wonder who’s rallies leave voters are going to go to now?

How many members do you think the EDL has Aaron?

17.4 million probably 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18661 on: July 06, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »

Conservative Party members:

-74% back Boris Johnson

-90% think he'd force No Deal but only 27% think Hunt would

-77% say his private life irrelevant

-67% say it's "acceptable" to suspend parliament

you gov

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18662 on: July 06, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »

Ann Widdecombe’s political exhumation adds insult to ignorance in Strasbourg

a good one even by Marina Hyde's high standards

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/05/ann-widdecomb-political-exhumation-insult-ignorance-brexit-party

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18663 on: July 06, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/05/ann-widdecomb-political-exhumation-insult-ignorance-brexit-party

Struggle to read to the end of pieces like this. I can shrug off that she lifted the bin bags line from Mock the Week but can’t avoid the thought she would’ve fist-pumped the Trump baby balloon. Criticism of bad manners should be consistent, not just when it suits your political views.

Anyways saying it’s always England that displays poor behaviour is pretty rude and also wtf blindness. Great to read our country being run down again. Fosho high standards of hypocrisy and irony.

Whilst didn’t read until end can somebody tell me if this Guardian of ethics mentioned the EU leadership selection process and offered comment about integrity of candidate credentials?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18664 on: July 06, 2019, 01:04:37 PM »

Struggle to read to the end of pieces like this. I can shrug off that she lifted the bin bags line from Mock the Week but can’t avoid the thought she would’ve fist-pumped the Trump baby balloon. Criticism of bad manners should be consistent, not just when it suits your political views.

Anyways saying it’s always England that displays poor behaviour is pretty rude and also wtf blindness. Great to read our country being run down again. Fosho high standards of hypocrisy and irony.

Whilst didn’t read until end can somebody tell me if this Guardian of ethics mentioned the EU leadership selection process and offered comment about integrity of candidate credentials?

Beat Andrew Neil to it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/04/germans-condemn-own-candidate-for-top-eu-job-ursula-von-der-leyen

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18665 on: July 06, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »

Beat Andrew Neil to it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/04/germans-condemn-own-candidate-for-top-eu-job-ursula-von-der-leyen

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/03/the-guardian-view-on-europe-top-jobs-the-good-the-bad-and-the-compromise

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18666 on: July 06, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »

Beat Andrew Neil to it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/03/the-guardian-view-on-europe-top-jobs-the-good-the-bad-and-the-compromise

Great headline..."The nominees for senior roles are sensible choices"

But guess the illustration that old guard power base dismiss any semblance of democracy to retain authority at the expense of smaller disenchanted countries is about right. Accusations of nepotism, corruption and incompetence no surprise.

Would be a refreshing for the whole EU debate to turn away from economic misfortune, travel inconvenience and Farage antics to whether supporting such ideals is the right and proper position for our country.

Don't think Remain really want to talk about such things tho. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18667 on: July 06, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »

any sensible suggestion for exiting without trashing the economy and killing the good friday agreement (three years and still waiting for those) and we might have a high ground from which to criticise what are defensible, if not ideal admittedly, EU choices.

Until then its just hot air i am afraid from the anti EU sorts.

Meanwhile we'll have Boris, a liar/chancer also with no sensible plans for an achievable Brexit, as PM. Even further way from the place we can criticise others from then.

I'd also read Marina until the end, should attention spans allow. The last sentence is dynamite.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18668 on: July 06, 2019, 02:45:25 PM »

Irish don't want a union. So get an elected assembly to take care of local matters, a sweet institutional arrangement for cross border cooperation and open dialogue at all times. Must be protected at all costs.

British don't want a union. We want an elected government to take care of national matters, a sweet institutional arrangement for cross border cooperation and open dialogue at all times. Haha ridiculous. 

Think liar/chancer Boris will fit snuggly in with EU crowd.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18669 on: July 06, 2019, 02:47:13 PM »

Beat Andrew Neil to it. 

Great headline..."The nominees for senior roles are sensible choices"

But guess the illustration that old guard power base dismiss any semblance of democracy to retain authority at the expense of smaller disenchanted countries is about right. Accusations of nepotism, corruption and incompetence no surprise.

Would be a refreshing for the whole EU debate to turn away from economic misfortune, travel inconvenience and Farage antics to whether supporting such ideals is the right and proper position for our country.

Don't think Remain really want to talk about such things tho. 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18670 on: July 06, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

Irish don't want a union.

pardon?

British don't want a union.

pardon?

You are making it up now. At no point pre-ref was the break up of the United Kingdom or the end of the International treaty the Good friday agreement which maintains peace across the Irish sea postulated by the leave side.

They simply hadn't thought about it.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18671 on: July 06, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »

Apologies, to be clear, the two parts of Ireland don't want to be one state, the UK don't want to be one state with EU

With regard to trashing the economy, once UK leave many of the disenfranchised other countries will follow. Only short economic disruption really.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18672 on: July 06, 2019, 03:18:46 PM »

It is simply not true though

you can't just put a half arsed personal view out there with no corroboration and expect not to be challenged

"2018/19 surveys show overall growing support for the EU

The 2018/2019 Eurobarometer surveys confirmed citizens’ steadily growing support for the European Union. Carried out amongst more than 27 000 people from 28 member states, they revealed that

62% of citizens believe that their countries' EU membership is a good thing, whilst over two-thirds of respondents (68 %) are convinced that their country has benefited from being a member of the EU. This is the highest score ever measured since 1983.
66% of European respondents would vote for their country to remain a member of the EU (a majority in all member states) and only 17% would contemplate leaving, with 17% undecided."

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/elections-press-kit/4/surveys-in-all-member-states

no one else is leaving, most likely, no exit vote were there to be one in a EU27 country, would be anything other than remain 

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18673 on: July 06, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »

It is simply not true though

you can't just put a half arsed personal view out there with no corroboration and expect not to be challenged

"2018/19 surveys show overall growing support for the EU

The 2018/2019 Eurobarometer surveys confirmed citizens’ steadily growing support for the European Union. Carried out amongst more than 27 000 people from 28 member states, they revealed that

62% of citizens believe that their countries' EU membership is a good thing, whilst over two-thirds of respondents (68 %) are convinced that their country has benefited from being a member of the EU. This is the highest score ever measured since 1983.
66% of European respondents would vote for their country to remain a member of the EU (a majority in all member states) and only 17% would contemplate leaving, with 17% undecided."

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/elections-press-kit/4/surveys-in-all-member-states

no one else is leaving, most likely, no exit vote were there to be one in a EU27 country, would be anything other than remain  

happy to challenge your view...

A survey of 27k people from 520m population equates to like 0.000something% Ironically not altogether democratic

Majority surveyed were from the mainland more inclined to union membership, not an island nation.

Definition of “a good thing” is what?

Leaving means pain. People are selfish and money talks.

So is this the robust corroboration I need to attain credibility?

statistically it’s like asking one German fella if he wants to keep his job/house and Herr Fritz only saying yes 62% of the time.

Amazing and super convincing corroboration of a viewpoint like...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:23:58 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18674 on: July 06, 2019, 09:36:17 PM »

It is of course a damn sight better than the absence of anything your posts ever provide in terms of evidence.

You have the reaction you want, well done.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1241 1242 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 1248 1249 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: