blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193310 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18645 on: July 05, 2019, 05:37:25 AM »

That Widdicombe speech is a disgrace straight out of the nazi handbook

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/editorial-europe-treatment-of-migrants-is-worse-than-trump-a-1275539.html

This treatment of migrants is out of the same handbook - it's shameful and I have no idea why so many people look up to this pretty bankrupt organisation.

The far right have a big say now, the people voted for it. Is The Spiegel a serious paper?

So, the EU is far right ? Or the minority far right says let's let migrants die and the right centre and left just say 'yah, seems reasonable, it's important we stay united'

Come on, it's just a very good example of their pathetic (in)action at times of just about any crisis and symbolic of the isolationist and protectionist views that are prevalent. Der Spiegel is certainly serious and I think this is their online presence

The EU only represents the people who live in it, it is elected by them. They at various elections have asked for a tougher line on immigration. There has to be a better way of course, very difficult problem, especially as long as people are continually told that migrants are a problem.

It's an institutional failure and we shouldn't conflate views on immigration and immigration levels with a humanitarian crisis. The lack of action just needs to be condemned outright.

I condemn the inaction. We disagree on whether the populist lurch to the right in the EU plays a part in the decision not to act.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: July 05, 2019, 05:49:26 AM »

That Widdicombe speech is a disgrace straight out of the nazi handbook

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/editorial-europe-treatment-of-migrants-is-worse-than-trump-a-1275539.html

This treatment of migrants is out of the same handbook - it's shameful and I have no idea why so many people look up to this pretty bankrupt organisation.

The far right have a big say now, the people voted for it. Is The Spiegel a serious paper?

So, the EU is far right ? Or the minority far right says let's let migrants die and the right centre and left just say 'yah, seems reasonable, it's important we stay united'

Come on, it's just a very good example of their pathetic (in)action at times of just about any crisis and symbolic of the isolationist and protectionist views that are prevalent. Der Spiegel is certainly serious and I think this is their online presence

The EU only represents the people who live in it, it is elected by them. They at various elections have asked for a tougher line on immigration. There has to be a better way of course, very difficult problem, especially as long as people are continually told that migrants are a problem.

It's an institutional failure and we shouldn't conflate views on immigration and immigration levels with a humanitarian crisis. The lack of action just needs to be condemned outright.

I condemn the inaction. We disagree on whether the populist lurch to the right in the EU plays a part in the decision not to act.

This tells us plenty about it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1TW2OR
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: July 05, 2019, 06:01:55 AM »

I thought when the leadership race went down to Hunt v Boris that all the momentum would be with Hunt. That he'd pick up votes for being more sensible, Boris' gaffes and essentially having more of a plan. It just hasn't worked for him, has it?

He's gone the route of trying to talk and plead to the country rather than the conservative membership. Banging on about abortion & fox hunting isn't going to get him votes or seem that attractive to Tory members. Boris must be laughing his nuts off really & in all fairness, upto now, he has played a blinder. Boris has lead his campaign by trying to please the membership and not the country, his pledges are ultimately a lot more attractive than Hunt's.

I don't see how Boris can lose this now, unless an utter meltdown in any debates in the next couple of weeks. I think Hunt's team must surely look at themselves at this and think what an utter disaster.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: July 05, 2019, 06:25:09 AM »

Yea but...the populist lurch to the right in EU countries is because of the EU...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18649 on: July 05, 2019, 06:44:55 AM »

Yea but...the populist lurch to the right in EU countries is because of the EU...

If we’re saying it’s because the EU is pro-austerity, then I’m sure that you’re at least partly right. Nobody really had greater zest and enthusiasm for austerity than our very own Conservative led government and their supporters though.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2018/10/austerity-how-ideological-project-failed-its-own-terms#amp
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18650 on: July 05, 2019, 07:22:06 AM »

Jaguar investing chunks at Castle Brom with commitment to building new electric cars out of the mighty Birmingham

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18651 on: July 05, 2019, 08:01:45 AM »

Interesting to see the choices of remain/leave voters.

Martin Lewis said 80% of his audiences for money saving forums and shows are remain.

EDL months ago say 93% of its supporters voted for Brexit.

Not surprising really.   
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18652 on: July 05, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

Interesting to see the choices of remain/leave voters.

Martin Lewis said 80% of his audiences for money saving forums and shows are remain.

EDL months ago say 93% of its supporters voted for Brexit.

Not surprising really.   

The EDL start is very revealing. Appaz over 90% of Greens voted remain.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: July 05, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1146950638359785475?s=19

Excellent from Brillo

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: July 05, 2019, 02:27:53 PM »

Ha yep but don’t forget we should be falling over ourselves to support these righteous folk in case dem nappies run out

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: July 05, 2019, 05:54:07 PM »

ul Tommy
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: July 05, 2019, 05:59:40 PM »

I wonder who’s rallies leave voters are going to go to now?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: July 05, 2019, 06:51:03 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddersfield_grooming_gang

Any ul chaps going for these guys ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18658 on: July 05, 2019, 07:45:02 PM »

How many members do you think the EDL has Aaron?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: July 05, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »

This is getting really tedious.

If you want or expect to be taken seriously, you need to stop doing this.
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: