blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:53:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 1410 1411 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194807 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21090 on: September 26, 2019, 10:50:55 AM »

Genuinely quite shocked by Boris Johnson describing as 'humbug' Paula Sheriff's complaint about his language in which she talked about Jo Cox and said that she and other colleagues had received death threats.

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

Please refer to the conversation Glenn and I had subsequently

Its not funny, and the trolling you consistently indulge in is not welcome

When we met a way back you were the epitome of mild mannered, polite, professional and had a gentle tone

Come on here and you delight in winding people up. Please rein it back.

Richard, get a sense of humour FFS.....  talktothehand
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: September 26, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »

Genuinely quite shocked by Boris Johnson describing as 'humbug' Paula Sheriff's complaint about his language in which she talked about Jo Cox and said that she and other colleagues had received death threats.

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

Please refer to the conversation Glenn and I had subsequently

Its not funny, and the trolling you consistently indulge in is not welcome

When we met a way back you were the epitome of mild mannered, polite, professional and had a gentle tone

Come on here and you delight in winding people up. Please rein it back.

Richard, get a sense of humour FFS.....  talktothehand

Exactly this. We are a small community of around a max 20 contributors, and we all get what each other is about and our views. We each know when the other is deliberately trying to cause offence, and Rich has done so himself, this is clearly nothing more than some fun.

If anyone here thinks they are influencing anyone here they are sadly mistaken, so please let us have a bit of fun along the way.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: September 26, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..
My lad is at Birmingham uni and is a member of the Conservative Society is sharing a house with 3 other students/members. They also run a magazine called Bournbrook www.bournbrookmag.com.

Yesterday an electrician was called to the house to fix a light fitting and while he was there he commented on some union flag bunting that was hanging in the living room. He then started asking why it was there and then starting talking about Brexit and their thoughts on it. BTW they are all for leaving the EU. He  completed the job and then left.

1 hour after after he left he returned with a case of 18 cans of Carling and 6 packs of Doritos. He thanked them for the discussion and how it was a pleasure to talking to them as ALL the other students he has spoken to were remainers and didnt give a balanced discussion on the issue.

Anyway I'm just plugging his magazine really, take a look Smiley
www.bournbrookmag.com

Ah! The element of surprise
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: September 26, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..
My lad is at Birmingham uni and is a member of the Conservative Society is sharing a house with 3 other students/members. They also run a magazine called Bournbrook www.bournbrookmag.com.

Yesterday an electrician was called to the house to fix a light fitting and while he was there he commented on some union flag bunting that was hanging in the living room. He then started asking why it was there and then starting talking about Brexit and their thoughts on it. BTW they are all for leaving the EU. He  completed the job and then left.

1 hour after after he left he returned with a case of 18 cans of Carling and 6 packs of Doritos. He thanked them for the discussion and how it was a pleasure to talking to them as ALL the other students he has spoken to were remainers and didnt give a balanced discussion on the issue.

www.bournbrookmag.com

Good to know not all students are leftie indoctorinated nutters!

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21094 on: September 26, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..

www.bournbrookmag.com

I clicked, two points.

1. Bournbook Rd has the strangest bit of dual carriageway in the UK
2. They don’t use gavels in the UK, stop using pictures of them to illustrate UK court stories.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: September 26, 2019, 03:40:36 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..

Yesterday an electrician was called to the house to fix a light fitting and while he was there he commented on some union flag bunting that was hanging in the living room. He then started asking why it was there and then starting talking about Brexit and their thoughts on it. BTW they are all for leaving the EU. He  completed the job and then left.

www.bournbrookmag.com

I clicked, two points.

2. They don’t use gavels in the UK, stop using pictures of them to illustrate UK court stories.

If that's the worst that they are doing then I'm sure they would be happy to know.

You should subscribe, they will even deliver a copy through the post for a very small monthly fee Smiley
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:43:13 PM by bobAlike » Logged

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: September 26, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..

Yesterday an electrician was called to the house to fix a light fitting and while he was there he commented on some union flag bunting that was hanging in the living room. He then started asking why it was there and then starting talking about Brexit and their thoughts on it. BTW they are all for leaving the EU. He  completed the job and then left.

www.bournbrookmag.com

I clicked, two points.

If that's the worst that they are doing then I'm sure they would be happy to know.

You should subscribe, they will even deliver a copy through the post for a very small monthly fee Smiley

Very professional looking/content........they have done well  thumbs up
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: September 26, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »

on a lighter note...

Setting the scene..

www.bournbrookmag.com

I clicked, two points.

Very professional looking/content........they have done well  thumbs up

Thanks Ripple, they do put a lot of effort in to it.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: September 26, 2019, 06:55:10 PM »

Jo Cox murderer - Brexit supporter

Jess Phillips burglar - Brexit supporters

Folk who protested Tommy Robinson’s charge - Brexit supporters

Anna Soubry harrasser - Brexit supporter

17 arrests at earlier protests - Brexit supporters

Jarod Kirkman dent death threats and racist abuse to MP’s such as David Lammy - Brexit supporter

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: September 26, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

Jarod Kirkman dent death threats and racist abuse to MP’s such as David Lammy - Brexit supporter

Blimey. Remainers are squeaky, they just push over old men at protests and scream at them....

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: September 26, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »

Very popular now to make your points in a way that attempts to convey conviction and seriousness by half crying, half speaking. It's a bit like when people used to ring up sick to me and somehow a stomach ache had made their voice go funny. Thought it was only the Labour party but Jo Swinson's working on it quite hard too.

If you can't control yourself, go on a speaking course.

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21101 on: September 27, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »

Mass murderer behind the illegal Iraq war - Remain supporter

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21102 on: September 27, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »

Mass murderer behind the illegal Iraq war - Remain supporter

I lolled self consciously.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: September 27, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »

Just as well Parliament was recalled.

The House of Commons at 4.30pm yesterday, on a day which was packed with Parliamentary business.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:00:21 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: September 27, 2019, 12:02:21 PM »

Just as well Parliament was recalled.

The House of Commons at 4.30pm yesterday, on a day which was packed with Parliamentary business.

Click to see full-size image.

Although I am sure their language could be improved I am sure it is their general behaviour that insights the anger from the public.

That picture makes me angry and not many things manage that these days!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 1410 1411 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: