blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2190956 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21105 on: September 27, 2019, 12:04:58 PM »

Just as well Parliament was recalled.

The House of Commons at 4.30pm yesterday, on a day which was packed with Parliamentary business.

Click to see full-size image.

Although I am sure their language could be improved I am sure it is their general behaviour that insights the anger from the public.

That picture makes me angry and not many things manage that these days!

Don't see the lack of a packed house as an issue. They have other matters to attend to and not all business in the house requires everyone present.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: September 27, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »

I am not sure it can be conclusively proven that it has all gone wrong yet, but this is an interesting article

the blurb with it read "Johnson's key mistake was not expecting Labour to resist an election, according to this article. But the expectation of progress in Brussels based on little new UK movement, at the very least portraying UK being blocked by EU, also a failure."

https://www.politico.eu/article/where-boris-johnson-went-wrong-dominic-cummings-plan

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: September 27, 2019, 12:08:22 PM »

There's a battle going on for Britain's Remain voters

And the Liberal Democrats are pulling ahead

You Gov data today

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: September 27, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »

Is Boris Johnson’s electoral strategy working? Bush on why it’s so hard to tell.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/09/boris-johnsons-electoral-strategy-working-heres-why-its-so-hard-tell

My eyes are open wide
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: September 27, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »

The House of Commons at 4.30pm yesterday, on a day which was packed with Parliamentary business.

Although I am sure their language could be improved I am sure it is their general behaviour that insights the anger from the public.

Don't see the lack of a packed house as an issue. They have other matters to attend to and not all business in the house requires everyone present.

Pretty sure they should all be locked in there until a certain matter is sorted out.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: September 27, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »

Pretty sure they should all be locked in there until a certain matter is sorted out.

Do you mean the Domestic Abuse Bill?

Because that seems like an important point of legislation they should be dealing with (for example).

Running the country isn't just about Brexit.

No matter what - as CF suggested - you don't just sort things out in Parliament by debating them in the chamber.

The chamber is for debates and votes but you need to have the 'things' available to debate and vote on.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: September 27, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »

Because that seems like an important point of legislation they should be dealing with (for example).

No matter what - as CF suggested - you don't just sort things out in Parliament by debating them in the chamber.

The chamber is for debates and votes but you need to have the 'things' available to debate and vote on.

Yes, exactly, the Domestic Abuse Bill.

I know it isn't just about Brexit, but with 1 month to go I don't see any that they should have anything else on their agenda's at this exact point in time.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: September 27, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »

I know it isn't just about Brexit, but with 1 month to go I don't see any that they should have anything else on their agenda's at this exact point in time.

Being covered next week isn't it?

If all MPs were sat in parliament for the entirety of every sitting then nothing would get done.

Admittedly it does look particularly empty in the above pic.

Blue text
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: September 27, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »

Being covered next week isn't it?

If all MPs were sat in parliament for the entirety of every sitting then nothing would get done.

Admittedly it does look particularly empty in the above pic.

Are you trying to tell me something does get done?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: September 27, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »

'They could have had their Brexit by now had they really wanted it. Instead, step by step, lie by lie, they have torched soft Brexit, torched hard Brexit, and indeed rejected any concrete form of Brexit as a betrayal of some imagined "true" Brexit.'

Chris Grey on top form

"The Supreme Court judgment and its aftermath. My latest Brexit Blog post, including discussion of the judgement, how Johnson's reaction has successfully distracted attention from it, what difference the judgement and the reaction make to Brexit etc"

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-supreme-court-judgment-and-its.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: September 27, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »

Boris Johnson is absolutely defiant about using the term 'surrender bill' to describe the Benn Act

From political cabinet it sounds like the Tories have done a lot of polling around it, it came up unprompted in focus groups and believe it is damaging Labour

Stopping using it would remove a key election weapon

A bit like £350m on the bus, the more it is mentioned the more it cuts through and the more it becomes an accepted term

Clever politics again

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: September 27, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »

2nd referendum scenarios

REMAIN v LEAVE NO DEAL
Remain 55%
Leave 45%

REMAIN V LEAVE W/MAY DEAL BUT NO BACKSTOP
Remain 55%
Leave 45%

Is in essence why Leave politicians want to avoid 2nd EURef

Signif no. of Leavers -wary of no-deal and loathe May deal- "wouldn't vote" or "don't know"

YouGov Sep 20

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: September 27, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 33% (+3)
LAB: 22% (-1)
LDEM: 22% (-)
BREX: 14% (-)
GRN: 6% (+1)
UKIP: 1% (+1)

via
@YouGov
, 24 - 25 Sep
Chgs. w/ 20 Sep

Whoa. :-)

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: September 27, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »

On BBC news just now, Government to put detailed plan to EU next Wednesday after Tory conference.

Will be interesting to see if there is any chance of doing a deal in such a short period of time.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: September 27, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »

Boris Johnson is absolutely defiant about using the term 'surrender bill' to describe the Benn Act

From political cabinet it sounds like the Tories have done a lot of polling around it, it came up unprompted in focus groups and believe it is damaging Labour

Stopping using it would remove a key election weapon

A bit like £350m on the bus, the more it is mentioned the more it cuts through and the more it becomes an accepted term

Clever politics again

The more he keeps defying it the more free PR he gets on main stream media.   
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: