blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 1408 1409 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197837 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21060 on: September 25, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »

My 11 year old daughter

"has he been arrested?"

"does he have to go to prison?"

"why not?"

errr... help Tighty

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21061 on: September 25, 2019, 07:56:57 PM »

My 11 year old daughter

"has he been arrested?"

"why not?"

errr... help Tighty

Hanging out with too many remainers....  talktothehand
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #21062 on: September 25, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »

My 11 year old daughter

"has he been arrested?"

"why not?"

errr... help Tighty

It wasn't a criminal court case, it was about constitutional law. As such, once they had judged it was unlawful, the suspension effectively never took place.  For him to go on to face a criminal trial someone would have to complain to police about misconduct in a public office and go from there.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21063 on: September 25, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »

My 11 year old daughter

"has he been arrested?"

"why not?"

errr... help Tighty

It wasn't a criminal court case, it was about constitutional law. As such, once they had judged it was unlawful, the suspension effectively never took place.  For him to go on to face a criminal trial someone would have to complain to police about misconduct in a public office and go from there.

cheers.

Woodsey. she is just trying to make sense of it.   Having watched that lot for 5 minutes it can't make much sense to her.   Guess the World is a bit more complex than she previously understood.   

Were the judges wrong?  No, he is a politician.  This is what they do.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21064 on: September 25, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »

Genuinely quite shocked by Boris Johnson describing as 'humbug' Paula Sheriff's complaint about his language in which she talked about Jo Cox and said that she and other colleagues had received death threats.

Dangerous times.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21065 on: September 25, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »

Genuinely quite shocked by Boris Johnson describing as 'humbug' Paula Sheriff's complaint about his language in which she talked about Jo Cox and said that she and other colleagues had received death threats.

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21066 on: September 25, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »

Absolutely incredible viewing

He actually went there.

Boris Johnson: “The best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox and indeed the best way to bring this country together would be, I think, to get Brexit done.”

Jo Cox was murdered by a man who shouted "BRITAIN FIRST" and targeted her for supporting remaining in the EU.

The murderer gave his name in court as "Death to Traitors, Freedom for Britain"

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21067 on: September 25, 2019, 08:47:54 PM »

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

You are too intelligent to need to troll Glenn, maybe you think it's amusing but the fun has paled rather

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21068 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

You are too intelligent to need to troll Glenn, maybe you think it's amusing but the fun has paled rather

Many politicians from a number of parties insult and hurl abuse at each other (quite noticeably at Boris Johnson at the moment) every day. If Boris is pricked, does he not bleed ?

Suggest they all behave rather than to try to find some notional high ground to preach from.

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21069 on: September 25, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »

Dangerous times.

Have you got any proof of this? Adz would like some.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21070 on: September 25, 2019, 08:58:02 PM »

Proof of the death threats?

Woman after woman after woman after woman has had to stand up tonight and plead with Boris Johnson to moderate his language for their own safety, and he just doubles down every time.

He is goading people, trying very hard to get them to call a VONC which he desperately needs as without an election he has no workable way out of the mess he, to be fair, inherited and has so mishandled since.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:00:24 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21071 on: September 25, 2019, 09:43:03 PM »

Dangerous times.

Have you got any proof of this? Adz would like some.

Maybe for once arron its time to be quiet.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21072 on: September 25, 2019, 10:23:57 PM »

Dangerous times.

Snowflake

Many politicians from a number of parties insult and hurl abuse at each other (quite noticeably at Boris Johnson at the moment) every day. If Boris is pricked, does he not bleed ?

Suggest they all behave rather than to try to find some notional high ground to preach from.

On reflection, whilst i do think the abuse is endemic in politics and i find the last sentence that was quoted reveals a ludicrous position, it was ill judged and not very amusing to troll a bit with 'snowflake'.

Will aim to avoid a repetition.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21073 on: September 25, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »

Cheers, and I agree. For Johnson tonight and all the stuff I hate like collaborator, traitor, surrender Bill etc, then the same applies to remainers talking of coups, casual attitudes to antisemitism in labour

Attitudes from some on both sides are entirely unnecessary

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21074 on: September 25, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »

Prof Freedman of KCL writes

"Johnson’s performance this evening makes me wonder if he has concluded that he is not going to get a deal he can sell to his party or parliament so he is just hardening his stance and his rhetoric for a post 31/10 election with us still in EU.
I’m assuming that he’ll go down kicking and let caretaker government do the deed which he’ll then denounce. This may squeeze into BRX vote to let him take Labour seats."

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 1408 1409 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: