blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198049 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21825 on: October 30, 2019, 06:57:28 PM »

My current prediction, and hoped for outcome, would be another hung Parliament with a reduced number of both Tory and Labour MP's in the mix, which will hopefully force us down the route of a 2nd Referendum to resolve Brexit.  People are going to try to put all sorts of interpretation on the outcome, which will be a crude exercise at best, and an election with BoJo and Corbyn as the two PM candidates is pretty much the worst-case scenario to resolve anything right now.

I was thinking about the outcome yesterday and trying to assign probabilities to likely outcomes, with a view to seeing how these change over the campaign.  It might be an interesting exercise for people to participate in on the thread, as a gauge to see how the campaign cuts through to people with different viewpoints.  This is my current guess, prior to any official campaigning.  Basically, all of these outcomes are shit, but 1 or 3 would be slightly less shit than either of 2 or 4, but this is a prediction of the likelihood of events, not a ranking of preferences.

I'd be intrigued to see other people's predictions, particularly from a perspective of how blinkered we are based on our views, and whether or not this changes over time during the campaigning.

1) Hung Parliament - Conservatives most seats - 50%
2) Tory Majority - 30%
3) Hung Parliament - Labour most seats - 20%
4) Labour Majority - 0%

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21826 on: October 30, 2019, 08:29:16 PM »

My current prediction, and hoped for outcome, would be another hung Parliament with a reduced number of both Tory and Labour MP's in the mix, which will hopefully force us down the route of a 2nd Referendum to resolve Brexit.  People are going to try to put all sorts of interpretation on the outcome, which will be a crude exercise at best, and an election with BoJo and Corbyn as the two PM candidates is pretty much the worst-case scenario to resolve anything right now.

I was thinking about the outcome yesterday and trying to assign probabilities to likely outcomes, with a view to seeing how these change over the campaign.  It might be an interesting exercise for people to participate in on the thread, as a gauge to see how the campaign cuts through to people with different viewpoints.  This is my current guess, prior to any official campaigning.  Basically, all of these outcomes are shit, but 1 or 3 would be slightly less shit than either of 2 or 4, but this is a prediction of the likelihood of events, not a ranking of preferences.

I'd be intrigued to see other people's predictions, particularly from a perspective of how blinkered we are based on our views, and whether or not this changes over time during the campaigning.

2) Tory Majority - 30%
4) Labour Majority - 0%

As we start the campaign I think it would be remarkable for Labour to get most seats.
However I think a Tory majority is less likely than the slightly odds on shot the bookies are offering.

I would go....

Hung Parliament - Conservatives most seats - 70%
2) Tory Majority - 25%
3) Hung Parliament - Labour most seats - 5%
4) Labour Majority - 0%
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21827 on: October 30, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »

2) Tory Majority - 30%
4) Labour Majority - 0%

Since it's just for fun

Tory maj - 65%
Tory most seats - 35%

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21828 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »

Twitter reporting political arrests at rallies

Brexit supporters: 247 (139 at Tommy Robinson rally, I suspect)

Remain supporters: 9
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21829 on: October 31, 2019, 10:47:36 AM »

Surely a hung parliament will just be as bad for the country as the last couple of years have been with the non-majority Tory government. This country would surely just suffer more of the same arguments and delay and no-decision making.

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21830 on: October 31, 2019, 10:56:43 AM »

Lib Dems 50 or more seats is the market I am looking for. Betfred have it so far, not seen it elsewhere
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21831 on: October 31, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »

Surely a hung parliament will just be as bad for the country as the last couple of years have been with the non-majority Tory government. This country would surely just suffer more of the same arguments and delay and no-decision making.

It would be more dither and delay - only wrote that so I could say what a poor attack line this is. At least use a phrase which includes dithering and delaying - sounds more musical

sola virtus nobilitat
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #21832 on: October 31, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »

It would be more dither and delay - only wrote that so I could say what a poor attack line this is. At least use a phrase which includes dithering and delaying - sounds more musical

Funnily enough I did include this phrase originally but thought better of it.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21833 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:38 PM »

Got any actual evidence to support this?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21834 on: October 31, 2019, 03:20:28 PM »

Roving reporter twitter.com/aaron1867

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21835 on: October 31, 2019, 03:48:54 PM »

If blonde was simple to post pics, I’d post the pictures and tweets
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21836 on: October 31, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »

both are easy.

just copy a link to the tweet and post it on here

lets see if the source is neutral

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #21837 on: October 31, 2019, 03:53:05 PM »

Posting pics is simple.

Posting tweets is even easier - https://twitter.com/808sage/status/1188832423334662144
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21838 on: October 31, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »

It's very difficult to post bullshit though. 
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #21839 on: October 31, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »

Although.........

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: