blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:54:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197393 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »

I know most people on here voted in more elections than I have, but I'm not best pleased about the result of the vote. I voted in 2010 (Labour), 2015 (Labour) and voted on Thursday to REMAIN. I've completely accepted the 2010 & 2015 results that went in favour of he Tories, didn't keep on blabbering on, no signing petitions or losing sleep. But this vote is something else, the result is not what I wanted, the response by people of the street has been incredible and the response by politicians has been something else.

Some people have been voting on the toss of a coin if they had no idea. There have been others that are stuck in a cycle of blaming immigration. Yeah, I understand there is an issue with immigration, but there was no clear plan by LEAVE for anyone to surely persuade them really vote leave. I am not saying for a minute that people are racist, but this was the clear issue for most leave voters, not to mention those that are racist just voted leave anyway. It just shows regardless, we are a racist country.

Of course the IN campaign didn't have a great one either. I'm 100% sure that if Jeremy had doubled down from the start to tell people to REMAIN, then today we wouldn't have all the this controversy, I'm of the opinion that he never really saw what happened today coming, but thought he had a quick route into number 10. I didn't like Jeremy from the start, especially on his stance on Syria. He talks of fairer politics, but what would be fair is that he would leave, but it seems he's going to fight on, sign of a desperate man.

The response of people has been indifferent. I never expected that the vote looks likely not to stand. LEAVE have gone back on their promises, but yet these people have who voted leave will not admit they've been had. I'm a remainer and I'm happy to admit I'm bitter about the vote, but people I know just will not admit they've been fooled. People that say they are voting OUT, for their grandkids, you ask them why, and lol, they say less immigrants getting "their" jobs, LOL. Some people even Facebook & Twitter comments are "you'll never have grandkids, you don't understand". Amazing.

Boris and Gove, should never run for PM. Corbyn should quit.

I believe in democracy, but not this time. I hope it gets overturned or blocked, so I can gloat.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: June 27, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »

The biggest irony for me is that economic performance hinges on confidence and certainty and this is what all you economic experts are undermining with your negativity.

However, that said do economics experts believe we should bring back capital punishment? It's much cheaper to kill a fella than put him in prison for life. In fact why don't we bring in Sharia Law as it's going to be much more economically viable than the present UK justice system? Why don't we just close the NHS, we would save a fortune. Why did I go to Barbados on holiday rather than Bognor Regis this year? Why do we bowl around the world fighting wars to defend democracy? It's cheaper to not bother etc etc etc.

The British people have been driven by what it means to be British. We were ignored before, concerns weren't taken seriously, now we have spoken in a democratic process the idea is to continue ignoring the people because of economics? I hate to break it to the economics experts but economics isn't the driver for the majority here, we had the courage to ignore the scare stories and threats to stand up for what we think is right. That's what it means to be British. 

Oh incidentally check out how Nicola Sturgeon walks, she's got a little bops in her step, like those guys who wear their jeans around their ankles. Most peculiar.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: June 27, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »

The biggest irony for me is that economic performance hinges on confidence and certainty and this is what all you economic experts are undermining with your negativity.

However, that said do economics experts believe we should bring back capital punishment? It's much cheaper to kill a fella than put him in prison for life. In fact why don't we bring in Sharia Law as it's going to be much more economically viable than the present UK justice system? Why don't we just close the NHS, we would save a fortune. Why did I go to Barbados on holiday rather than Bognor Regis this year? Why do we bowl around the world fighting wars to defend democracy? It's cheaper to not bother etc etc etc.

The British people have been driven by what it means to be British. We were ignored before, concerns weren't taken seriously, now we have spoken in a democratic process the idea is to continue ignoring the people because of economics? I hate to break it to the economics experts but economics isn't the driver for the majority here, we had the courage to ignore the scare stories and threats to stand up for what we think is right. That's what it means to be British. 

Oh incidentally check out how Nicola Sturgeon walks, she's got a little bops in her step, like those guys who wear their jeans around their ankles. Most peculiar.

That's the crux of it. It's the 'thicko's' concerns about immigration that has tipped this vote over to leave. It's consistently been in the top 2 or 3 issues in politics for a long long time, often at top spot. Yet has basically been ignored by successive governments on both sides while paying the public lip service about things being done. If they had demonstrated they had actually done something then we wouldn't even be in this situation.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: June 27, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

Capital punishment isn't cheaper than jail.  Costs bloody fortunes. 

Sharia law isn't just capital punishment either, so who knows if it is cheaper.

Private health care isn't cheaper than the NHS overall. 

I'd also query your view on the reason why yiu think we get involved in most wars.

People have voted the way they have for all sorts of reasons. My mum told me she didn't want a European army.  She believes the daily express over her son it seems.  She is getting on a bit and she has been great to me, so I didn't push it. 

Suspect a big proportion have been mislead and are just plain ignorant on various issues. 

Cheers.

Fwiw Bognor isn't that great.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: June 27, 2016, 08:56:16 AM »

The next 3+ years are going to be very rocky. I strongly believe that there will be a recession and advise people to consider fixing their mortgages for as long as possible as inflation and interest rates will start to rise. My brother recently bought a flat and he is stretched to repay the current mortgage, I have told him to prepare for a worst-case scenario of interest rates rising to 15%. It happened in the 80s and it could happen again.

For anyone worried about job security, now is a good time to take out some 0% no-fee balance transfer credit cards. This is effectively an APR-free two-year loan which you can squirrel away in a cash ISA and withdraw in two years to repay the card before the interest-free period ends. If your mortgage needs to be renewed within this 2 years be careful because they may not look fondly on this large amount sitting on a credit card.

Aren't they more likely to cut the interest rate if we go into recession?

Raising the interest rates would be to curb inflation - imported goods might push inflation up a bit, but wouldn't have thought it would be enough to outweigh the need to get people spending (?)

Out of the EU the UK can embark on actual Mugabe-style money printing with the inflationary pressures that brings.  It won't be pretty.

The EU have done over a trillion of QE via the ECB (well will be by Sept).  They are as happy to get involved in that aspect as much as the next man!

QE is a different beast from pure money printing as it buys bonds keeping interest low. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: June 27, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »

I was criticised a bit yesterday for not putting up a abalance of articles, a reason for this was simple. I couldn't find any. This may have been because there weren't any or (more likely) i don't follow the type of people who were writing them

but i have found a few. shortly i will do the daily bookmark dump. read what you like, but there is some fascinating economic and political stuff in it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »

Capital punishment isn't cheaper than jail.  Costs bloody fortunes. 

Sharia law isn't just capital punishment either, so who knows if it is cheaper.

Private health care isn't cheaper than the NHS overall. 

I'd also query your view on the reason why yiu think we get involved in most wars.

People have voted the way they have for all sorts of reasons. My mum told me she didn't want a European army.  She believes the daily express over her son it seems.  She is getting on a bit and she has been great to me, so I didn't push it. 

Suspect a big proportion have been mislead and are just plain ignorant on various issues. 

Cheers.

Fwiw Bognor isn't that great.

Doobs. I gather you are trying to find employment.

If you take the attitude of always being right into interviews, you may struggle a bit old love.

Good luck. Adz

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:19 AM »

I was criticised a bit yesterday for not putting up a abalance of articles, a reason for this was simple. I couldn't find any. This may have been because there weren't any or (more likely) i don't follow the type of people who were writing them

but i have found a few. shortly i will do the daily bookmark dump. read what you like, but there is some fascinating economic and political stuff in it

It wasn't criticism Tighty, it was a fact, as you have confirmed. If there was nothing to put up(which I totally understand) it couldn't be balanced, which everyone was congratulating you on.

Shit, I sound like Doobs now. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 27, 2016, 09:15:03 AM »

I'm assuming most of the articles were slamming brexit and saying how we're all finished.

No surprise that you couldn't any that were the other way as there really doesn't need to be now. They've won so no need to rub it in.

All the immediate panic saying that there's no plan is ridiculous. Why did there need to be a full plan for something which might not happen? Give them a week at least to think about it and make sure they get it right. Perhaps the reason we've seen nothing of the people who're actually going to get things done are busy doing it rather than going on facebook defending themselves against the haters.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: June 27, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »

Brexit is the beginning of the end for the EU elite

http://reaction.life/brexit-beginning-end-eu-elite/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: June 27, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »

German editorial piece. The simplicity of choice insufficient for such a complex issue.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »

MichaelWhite

Brexit crisis won't end for years – and no one is taking responsibilty

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/brexit-crisis-end-years-cameron-political-vacuum?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

Tony Blair: Why rule out a second EU referendum? http://bit.ly/295NDh7

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 27, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »

EU sources say UK can delay Art 50 as it faces "very significant" crisis with lack of government and break up of UK

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: June 27, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »

i thought this was a bit of a jaw dropper

My eyes are open wide