blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198759 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #9075 on: June 01, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk

if you are even slightly interested in your then you will probably end up looking at most aspects so it can take 15-20 minutes (their estimate seems to allow for very slow readers).

It does though seem to have a bias I would guess towards those with time on their hands + more tech savvy which is probably reflected in the low results for  Conservatives compared to the rest.

It is interesting to see the results, I think the higher results for the liberal left might also be explained by most of the people doing quizes like this get to them via social media and I think it's already established that social media in general has a left leaning bias.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9076 on: June 01, 2017, 10:19:28 PM »

Apparently May has now refused to go on radio 4 womens hour. Also seen rumours that all the other representatives have agreed to regional press but May has again refused.

Something more going on, or just pure cowardice/over confidence thinking if she just doesn't say anything they'll win? I know her excuse is basically slagging everyone else off saying they're working on a brexit plan and Labour should be too, despite it being her who called a snap election.

Conspiracy theory - Tories want to lose so Labour deal with Brexit and get slammed by the nation, thus never winning an election again

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: June 01, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »

Conspiracy theory - Tories want to lose so Labour deal with Brexit and get slammed by the nation, thus never winning an election again

If it means that the introduction of full on thought crime gets delayed, I'm all for that plan.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: June 01, 2017, 10:23:52 PM »

Further to what Arb says, May has looked a mess but she has also been given a pretty easy time. 

Look at Paxman other night he interrupted Corbyn about 8 times as often as he did May.  Neil also went far easier on her than he does on most.

what did you think of the "balanced" audience last night (chosen by comres by the bbc)? ever seen it more one way than that?

Isn't this due to the fact you have 7 speakers, 5 of which are leftish leaning?  So guess if you split the audience along party lines it will be more left leaning?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »

i am wondering with the May seemingly thorwing this election do you think its a secret pact with the remainers to stay in the EU.
After all May was in the remain camp. I can't think of any other reason the tories are running the worst campaign in my life voting lifetime.
Even if Corbyn doesnt stop us leaving the EU the tories can in future put down the deal we get from brexit at the hands of labour

Mel Gibson/Julia Roberts  anyone?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: June 01, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »

Apparently May has now refused to go on radio 4 womens hour. Also seen rumours that all the other representatives have agreed to regional press but May has again refused.

Something more going on, or just pure cowardice/over confidence thinking if she just doesn't say anything they'll win? I know her excuse is basically slagging everyone else off saying they're working on a brexit plan and Labour should be too, despite it being her who called a snap election.

It's just about control and avoiding risky situations and another disaster aka social care. Would have worked easily if the social care thing hadn't happened, will still most likely work but let's see....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:47:44 PM by Woodsey » Logged
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: June 01, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »

It's just about control and avoiding risky situations and another disaster aka social care. Would have worked easily if the social care thing hadn't happened, will still most likely work but let's see....

She's doing Question Time tomorrow night.....presume she doesn't want to do two  set interviews in one day...spread the work around ?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: June 01, 2017, 11:00:20 PM »

She's doing Question Time tomorrow night.....presume she doesn't want to do two  set interviews in one day...spread the work around ?

Ok didn't know that, you are probably right, maybe she (ok.....her team) just wants her to do the high profile shows that avoid full on debate and she can spout her soundbytes?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: June 02, 2017, 08:20:37 AM »

Osborne's editorial on the Lib Dems' failure in yesterday's Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/evening-standard-comment-the-liberal-democrats-offer-no-serious-vision-a3553346.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »

interesting

Of the 76 seats where 18-24s outnumber over 65s, Labour already hold 57. The top two are Cambridge and Leeds NW.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: June 02, 2017, 08:22:23 AM »

Why the Tory campaign has gone so badly. By george eaton

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/06/whats-gone-wrong-conservative-campaign

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »

we can have a strong economy and cut immigration?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:44 AM »

research in swing seats shows 'normal' people don't follow politics closely, whatever the polls suggest http://bit.ly/2qG1wZy

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: June 02, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »

this is very good and probably very important to the outcome

"Labour's reliance on non-voters

Polls which show Labour up also show the party relying heavily on non-voters and voters of other smaller parties"

https://medium.com/@chrishanretty/labours-reliance-on-non-voters-9f88c516310a

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: June 02, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »

Election victory for Labour is plausible - but not likely, writes stephen b

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/06/its-clear-jeremy-corbyn-has-tapped-something

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: