blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2192104 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7365 on: February 23, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: February 23, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

5 more than I'd have known a few years ago Cheesy

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: February 23, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »

Didn't recognise Wallace Kinnock, Starmer, Lewis, Alexander, Jarvis, Long Bailey, Nandy.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »

What price Corbyn takes credit for Stoke/blames Blair for Copeland?   Any 1.01 about?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »

Hilary Benn just walked past me at Dublin Airport  Cheesy
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »

Hilary Benn just walked past me at Dublin Airport  Cheesy

Obviously got his post brexit Irish passport already.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: February 23, 2017, 10:34:13 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »

Tories in historic by-election Copeland win as Labour holds Stoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39064149

the swing to the Tories in Copeland was bigger than what the national polls are currently suggesting,which is a bit of a jaw dropper

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: February 24, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »

What price Corbyn takes credit for Stoke/blames Blair for Copeland?   Any 1.01 about?

weighed in. 

I have read this morning that those that oppose Corbyn are the "Far right" of the labour party.  THE. FAR. RIGHT.  I'd struggle to keep a straight face if I described Farage or Trump as far right ffs(though Bannon is much easier).

I don't think it matters why Corbyn is disliked by the vast majority, whether it is the fault of the press, the plotters, or his own doing.  Surely all that matters that he is very unpopular?  Anything else is just missing the point.  Though given the recent names mentioned as alternative leaders, then I am not sure there is much hope regardless.   

On Tighty's picture, I'd recognise all bar two, glad they had the names underneath though.  Otherwise I'd have to resort to things like isn't that the one who is supposedly a contender for the leadership if Corbyn steps down.  I have always been pretty shit with putting names and faces together and am getting no better. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7374 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »

Labour actually got a higher % of the vote in Copeland than they did in Stoke - the only reason they won Stoke was because the Con/UKIP vote was split.

If UKIP do fade now under the clown-leadership of Nuttall then Labour could get proper crushed in all kinds of unlikely places.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: February 24, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »

Labour actually got a higher % of the vote in Copeland than they did in Stoke - the only reason they won Stoke was because the Con/UKIP vote was split.

If UKIP do fade now under the clown-leadership of Nuttall then Labour could get proper crushed in all kinds of unlikely places.

like Scotland? 

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: February 24, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »

Would prefer not to see Labour smashed too hard, certainly not to the point where replacing JC becomes a reality before the next election  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:26:42 PM by Woodsey » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: February 24, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »

weighed in. 

I have read this morning that those that oppose Corbyn are the "Far right" of the labour party.  THE. FAR. RIGHT.  I'd struggle to keep a straight face if I described Farage or Trump as far right ffs(though Bannon is much easier).

I don't think it matters why Corbyn is disliked by the vast majority, whether it is the fault of the press, the plotters, or his own doing.  Surely all that matters that he is very unpopular?  Anything else is just missing the point.  Though given the recent names mentioned as alternative leaders, then I am not sure there is much hope regardless.   

On Tighty's picture, I'd recognise all bar two, glad they had the names underneath though.  Otherwise I'd have to resort to things like isn't that the one who is supposedly a contender for the leadership if Corbyn steps down.  I have always been pretty shit with putting names and faces together and am getting no better. 

I agree with many/most of Corbyn's policies (outside Brexit obv), but he might be the most unself aware person in the country if he honestly thinks the public don't see him as a laughing stock.

He has to go.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7378 on: February 24, 2017, 02:53:38 PM »

weighed in. 

I agree with many/most of Corbyn's policies (outside Brexit obv), but he might be the most unself aware person in the country if he honestly thinks the public don't see him as a laughing stock.

He has to go.

The Momentum lot have so many parallels with Trump and his coterie of clowns - well past the point of groupthink to the extent that they are so fragile that accepting any criticism at all cannot be countenanced under any circumstances.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7379 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »

like Scotland? 

Exactly, except at least in Scotland there was the surge of the SNP, there was a party legitimately inspiring people to switch their vote.

In England they'll be losing to UKIP (a party so useless the characters in The Thick of It seem Prime Ministerial in comparison) and the Tories at their most incompetent - it should have been an open goal for Labour, the Tories under John Major were in better shape. Everything going wrong for Labour is entirely self-inflicted (with the exception of the collapse of the Lib Dems handing the Tories some free seats)
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: