blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 606 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180886 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9015 on: May 31, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »

Doubt it changed much either way. Rudd held up well. Her dad died on Monday and she went through with doing it. Tough lady. Unlike her boss, it might be said.

Knowing that makes May seem even more useless, that she still let her do it instead of her.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: May 31, 2017, 09:42:38 PM »

I thought Rudd held up quite well given the hand she was dealt and that was before I knew of her dad's death. Certainly did better than Theresa would have.

I can't warm to Farron, too many long answers with no point and speaking over people, the lib dems had every chance at my vote before this campaign but not now if Clegg was still leader different story.

Others pretty much performed to expectation including Nuttall who is a vile man IMO.

Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: May 31, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »

Doubt it changed much either way. Rudd held up well. Her dad died on Monday and she went through with doing it. Tough lady. Unlike her boss, it might be said.

Knowing that makes May seem even more useless, that she still let her do it instead of her.

Does anyone think May is ill or something else is wrong mentally. As I have been amazed by how she has unraveled in this campaign, seems unable to put a convincing thought together. Surely she wouldn't have risen this far being this incompetent in the spotlight.
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »

Rudd did pretty well considering the position she was put in. Which quite frankly is just not acceptable, it beggars belief that TM is either too arrogant or too incompetent to attend. The other parties tag teamed/beat up on her a bit

UKIP fella was nuts,

Lucas always speaks well and its shame she doesn't have a main stream party behind her.

JC did quite well overall quite solid performance didn't make any mis steps

Tim farron was entertaining hats off to him for ripping TM in his close

snp/welsh didn't really make much of an impact but then since i am English may be their points didn't resonate/matter so much to me hence lower engagement

buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: May 31, 2017, 09:51:48 PM »

Does anyone think May is ill or something else is wrong mentally. As I have been amazed by how she has unraveled in this campaign, seems unable to put a convincing thought together. Surely she wouldn't have risen this far being this incompetent in the spotlight.

Even as a minister she will never have been under this kind of spotlight/pressure.

Also she was quite well known (according to a spectator article I read) a the submarine. she would take a dive and go missing when going got tough

No hiding when you are pm and your campaign has gone off the rails.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »

I think once TM had decided not to attend she was never going to change her mind, doubly so given the polls have got closer. She would have been blasted for doing another u turn and called desperate because of what the polls are doing.....would have been a bigger loser for her imo.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: May 31, 2017, 09:59:05 PM »

These TV debates are nothing more than a circus. They seem to serve little purpose other than to allow the broadcasters meet their quotas for documentary/news/political broadcasts. I managed to stay tuned for about 10 minutes before I decided to turn over before my TV got a foot through it. There were times when at least 4 of the panelists were talking at the same time and it was more like teenagers trying to out-shout each other in a classroom; the moderator didn't really seem to be in control, but are they ever?

On the basis of what is heard in these 'debates', it's extremely unlikely that anyone trying to listen will make a voting decision. To most observers, I fear it will simply confirm all the negative perceptions of politicians and the political process.

I certainly understand why May didn't want to participate: like her decision to call this election, she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: May 31, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »

Even as a minister she will never have been under this kind of spotlight/pressure.

Also she was quite well known (according to a spectator article I read) a the submarine. she would take a dive and go missing when going got tough

No hiding when you are pm and your campaign has gone off the rails.

Interesting, my other half (civil servant) had some dealings with her and found her to be very comptent but I guess that it is very different to being a leader and public speaker.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9023 on: May 31, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »

Maybe she just got where she is because she tested well among those who loved Maggie Thatcher, in the same way that Justin Trudeau is PM of Canada based on his Father and nice hair.

Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: May 31, 2017, 10:08:02 PM »

These TV debates are nothing more than a circus. They seem to serve little purpose other than to allow the broadcasters meet their quotas for documentary/news/political broadcasts. I managed to stay tuned for about 10 minutes before I decided to turn over before my TV got a foot through it. There were times when at least 4 of the panelists were talking at the same time and it was more like teenagers trying to out-shout each other in a classroom; the moderator didn't really seem to be in control, but are they ever?

On the basis of what is heard in these 'debates', it's extremely unlikely that anyone trying to listen will make a voting decision. To most observers, I fear it will simply confirm all the negative perceptions of politicians and the political process.

I certainly understand why May didn't want to participate: like her decision to call this election, she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.

Most of this I can emphasise with but calling this election is political opportunism. This election does not get called without a massive lead in the polls and Corbyn as labour leader. There was no need to make such a move to start Brexit negotiations.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: May 31, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »

I watched some of her responses to being challenged about not attending and she was all over the shop. Was actually quite disturbing in terms of gurning and her discomfort levels - it made me wonder similar things to you.

Probably more likely that she's just hard wired for set piece responses, speeches and soundbites. The rough and tumble of a campaign, the need to connect with other human beings in an authentic and unplanned way, the need to appear likeable as well as authoritative seems to be beyond her

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »

That is a total disgrace as a leader.  I can't believe what i am about to say but i am actually thinking of voting Labour.  I am so with Camel on this regarding JC's rise up the weights whilst TM is sinking like a stone literally in a matter of weeks.  She has been fully exposed as the script reading jobber that she is.  Total yes man middle manager type who has spent her whole life in upper middle england (but isn't proper posh like DC) who gets promoted way too far compared to her ability and can't relate to anyone.  I literally cringe watching her body language in interviews and find people like Laura K from BBC actually looking uncomfortable asking her questions because they know she is just going to read a script like a PR man rather than the leader of the country.  She literally has nothing about her at all.

JC on the other hand every single day i listen to him i seem to be agreeing more and more with him.  I am massively in favour of going back to the Thatcher style free higher education for all and grants for the poor (i would put a grade restriction on it somehow to avoid anyone getting it for a piss up and only let in the super talented 'poor' kids for the whole lot free.  I think this country really is in the shit and fair play to JC for sticking to old fashioned labour views and not doing a 'Blair' and drifting to the centre too much.  His party is a total joke behind him but i don't think the tories are much better tbh.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: May 31, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »

That is a total disgrace as a leader.  I can't believe what i am about to say but i am actually thinking of voting Labour.  I am so with Camel on this regarding JC's rise up the weights whilst TM is sinking like a stone literally in a matter of weeks.  She has been fully exposed as the script reading jobber that she is.  Total yes man middle manager type who gets promoted way too far compared to her ability.  I literally cringe watching her body language in interviews and find people like Laura K from BBC actually looking uncomfortable asking her questions because they know she is just going to read a script like a PR man rather than the leader of the country.  She literally has nothing about her at all.

JC on the other hand every single day i listen to him i seem to be agreeing more and more with him.  I am massively in favour of going back to the Thatcher style free higher education for all and grants for the poor (i would put a grade restriction on it somehow to avoid anyone getting it for a piss up and only let in the super talented 'poor' kids for the whole lot free.  I think this country really is in the shit and fair play to JC for sticking to old fashioned labour views and not doing a 'Blair' and drifting to the centre too much.  His party is a total joke behind him but i don't think the tories are much better tbh.

Fucking Judas  Folded Arms  talktothehand Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: May 31, 2017, 10:40:20 PM »

That is a total disgrace as a leader.  I can't believe what i am about to say but i am actually thinking of voting Labour.  I am so with Camel on this regarding JC's rise up the weights whilst TM is sinking like a stone literally in a matter of weeks.  She has been fully exposed as the script reading jobber that she is.  Total yes man middle manager type who gets promoted way too far compared to her ability.  I literally cringe watching her body language in interviews and find people like Laura K from BBC actually looking uncomfortable asking her questions because they know she is just going to read a script like a PR man rather than the leader of the country.  She literally has nothing about her at all.

JC on the other hand every single day i listen to him i seem to be agreeing more and more with him.  I am massively in favour of going back to the Thatcher style free higher education for all and grants for the poor (i would put a grade restriction on it somehow to avoid anyone getting it for a piss up and only let in the super talented 'poor' kids for the whole lot free.  I think this country really is in the shit and fair play to JC for sticking to old fashioned labour views and not doing a 'Blair' and drifting to the centre too much.  His party is a total joke behind him but i don't think the tories are much better tbh.

Fucking Judas  Folded Arms  talktothehand Smiley

I priced it up Camel 1/2 Woodsey 6/4 to comment first! 
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: May 31, 2017, 11:17:57 PM »

It's been clear since day 1 that Teresa May is just power hungry and actually has no values that she truely stands for and believes in. Now that she is being placed alongside politicians who are able to show her up for what she is, she's crumbled and made the Tories a laughing stock. God help us at the negotiating table if she's left to it.

Caroline Lucas is a proper politician. I think it's a shame the Greens get dismissed as eco-idealists as they've got some tremendously sensible voices in there.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 606 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: