blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194307 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9150 on: June 02, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »

Middle England wants to feel safe, not sure Corbyn made them feel safe. May was adequate at best but as someone who voted for neither think she came off better tonight because he kept getting whacked on his Achilles heel

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9151 on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »

Middle England wants to feel safe, not sure Corbyn made them feel safe. May was adequate at best but as someone who voted for neither think she came off better tonight because he kept getting whacked on his Achilles heel

Agree. Nukes and IRA seem to be constants in this whole campaign. They know he won't go against his beliefs. The righteous son of a bitch

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: June 02, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »

As someone who is going to vote Labour his stance on nuclear weapons is incredibly naive, no one of sane mind wasn't to use the things but you keep the pretence up you are as a a deterrent, it's simple game theory. All he had to say he would use them as a last resort.

May was better tonight, can only improve her position as expectations were so low. Finally a good night for the tories probably.
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: June 02, 2017, 10:20:14 PM »

As someone who is going to vote Labour his stance on nuclear weapons is incredibly naive, no one of sane mind wasn't to use the things but you keep the pretence up you are as a a deterrent, it's simple game theory. All he had to say he would use them as a last resort.

May was better tonight, can only improve her position as expectations were so low. Finally a good night for the tories probably.

agree. He is in a bind because he us so against them, but the party has committed to keeping trident

He totally should have just said I would use them as a last resort.

Corbyn not at his best in this one.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: June 02, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »

.....in the spin room Boris is about to get into a fight lol
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9155 on: June 02, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »

That's his weakness. He has morals and personal beliefs and that's not allowed in a position of power. I do completely see your position, and agree with what was mentioned earlier. I also think that May won tonight too.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: June 02, 2017, 10:23:34 PM »

.....in the spin room Boris is about to get into a fight lol

Haha was quality, Boris was ripping him a new one and the guy was gradually getting more shouty and annoyed.  
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: June 02, 2017, 11:56:51 PM »

Just a question for the politics geeks out there

But if the Tories are to be stopped from getting a majority what seats are they likely to drop?

Also, what seats are labour likely to gain, if any?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: June 03, 2017, 12:29:53 AM »

Just a question for the politics geeks out there

But if the Tories are to be stopped from getting a majority what seats are they likely to drop?

Also, what seats are labour likely to gain, if any?

Corby in Northamptonshire is the standard swing seat.  Always held by the party in power for decades i believe (excluding byelection in 2012)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corby_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

I went to school with the labour guy Sawford around the Corby/Kettering area who won a by election in 2012.  His old man was the labour mp in Kettering during the Blair times.  Kettering is a similar swing seat.  There are dozens of these seats around the midlands.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:35:26 AM by arbboy » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: June 03, 2017, 01:45:58 AM »

TM was strong on Brexit, little bit weak on social care and foreign aide.

Solid performance overall not spectactular, she is no Dave for sure.

Wtf DC resigned in disgrace, the most humiliated PM we've had since just before the 2nd Great War. You were jokng?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:36 AM »

Im guessing that people who thought she was awful are just setting the bar at horrendous now and because she was a bit better than the car crashes shes had during the week shes did well. Though she was really poor, Im in total disbelief that her speech coach hasnt ironed out the awful way she behaves when someones answering a question. She sounds like a GP when they arent listening and have already decided to tell you a vague story and write an anti-depressant prescription (never been there? give it 5 years).

Corbyn as said above has got to say he would pull the trigger if its in the best interests of the country. If I was him Id go all guns blazing tomorrow (excuse the pun) tell peoples hes sick of the miserable cycle of bombing eachother and people thinking its a path that ever gets us anywhere, then say he wants an army we can be proud of that helps where its needed, not bring more misery and fuel lunatics to encourage kids to blow up other kids. Why the hell is everyone so interested in firing off nuclear weapons anyway, if russian nuked britain I couldnt care a less as my skin melts from my body whether we just did the same thing to the equally innocent people of moscow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:23:14 AM by JohnCharver » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: June 03, 2017, 02:27:02 AM »

Just a lightle thought, perhaps a little contreversial one too, but are poker players racist.....

All I see on my Facebook since the run up the the referendum are most of them voting Brexit, sharing posts from EDL, "I am proud to be English" or their main reasoning behind their vote for Brexit being the immigration issue. Of course you question it and they say they ae not.

But since the news of the general election, it's gone in a similar way. Posts from the same groups, moaning about Corbyn, sharing photos that of course they are too dumb to realise are racist as hell and telling us all we must "double down" on out vote for brexit by voting Tory.

One player (he's only local) has been sharing photos from groups like "british and proud" and so on. Pictures of immigrants on boats, if a muslim is found theiving rip up their passport and so on. If you question him on it, he'll say he's not racist. He'll reply with a typical response of "my best mate is an immigrant" blah blah blah.

But these posts I see, they are 95% from poker players on my Facebook.

Does the poker community have an element or is significantly racist?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: June 03, 2017, 02:34:07 AM »

Im guessing that people who thought she was awful are just setting the bar at horrendous now and because she was a bit better than the car crashes shes had during the week shes did well. Though she was really poor, Im in total disbelief that her speech coach hasnt ironed out the awful way she behaves when someones answering a question. She sounds like a GP when they arent listening and have already decided to tell you a vague story and write an anti-depressant prescription (never been there? give it 5 years).

Corbyn as said above has got to say he would pull the trigger if its in the best interests of the country. If I was him Id go all guns blazing tomorrow (excuse the pun) tell peoples hes sick of the miserable cycle of bombing eachother and people thinking its a path that ever gets us anywhere, then say he wants an army we can be proud of that helps where its needed, not bring more misery and fuel lunatics to encourage kids to blow up other kids. Why the hell is everyone so interested in firing off nuclear weapons anyway, if russian nuked britain I couldnt care a less as my skin melts from my body whether we just did the same thing to the equally innocent people of moscow.

I think if people think that Theresa may did at all well last night, they need to have a total re-think. She says exactly the same, to exactly the question, every single time. I also felt as if the questions could be a lot more imaginitive as they was really questions you would expect.

I get where you are coming from in regards to Jeremy Corbyn too. He needs to "double down" on what he says at times, and perhaps sometimes come across as weak when not carrying through what he says, like the interview with Paxman. As for security and Trident, it's a huge negative for him, I can't choose between voting for him or Lib Dem, because of his issues with Trident. I feel as if he was a sentence away from me shifting from likely to vote LD to vote Labour, by just saying "I am against Trident, and neclear, but I will only use it at very last option and other options have been exhausted". That I would feel better about, however just feel as if he won't use it whatever, not that of course I want him too.

Luckkily for him though, those that question him in my constituency won't hold much hope though, they have a huge majority in Hillsborough & Brightside.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: June 03, 2017, 06:30:16 AM »

It's basically a choice between a person who is evasive on every question and will just say and do whatever it takes to retain her position of power, regardless of whether it marries up with her actual beliefs or values vs a guy who will answer every question but will steadfastly refuse to apologies for the beliefs and values he holds. Seems funny that people will put no countenance in the second option.

Fwiw, I think May had a best performance of a woeful campaign yesterday, but the bar was so low. She always still neglects to answer questions and has pre-planned answers that often don't reasonate with the theme of the question. Corbyn was going well too the Trident and IRA stuff but then that's always been the case.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: June 03, 2017, 08:05:59 AM »

Seems incredible that we think he should compromise some of his principles to be more electable, literally the whole point is that he's spent his whole life with unshakeable principles that he believes are best for all people and that's what we on the left want in a politician. The alternative is people who will say or do literally anything to try and be electable. Their record suggests they'll change their mind on literally everything if the net result is a few more votes and approval from Dacre, Barclay, Murdoch.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: