blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 654 655 [656] 657 658 659 660 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180222 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9825 on: June 09, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »

Let's call what it is, this is bad for the country. A damaged prime minister propped by a bunch of loonies going into negotiations with the EU for the future of the country. We are absolutely worse off short term than a Tory landslide, if you look at things from any sensible political view.

It depends how you look at it.  I think a May or Corbyn majority would have been pretty disastrous.   May now has to rely on the support of moderates in her own party, so she can't carry on lurching to the right anymore.  Though I think we were facing an election where we ended up with a bag of shit whatever happened.  Even if May resigned, the odds suggested the alternatives were Boris Johnson or David Davis.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: June 09, 2017, 02:02:55 PM »

Good day for the pension woodsey.  FTSE up 45 spots already.  Dollar down to 1.27.  Fuck the haters.

The awful truth is I would  probably make more money if labour got in, still couldnt pull the trigger on that one though  talktothehand
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9827 on: June 09, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »

Let's call what it is, this is bad for the country. A damaged prime minister propped by a bunch of loonies going into negotiations with the EU for the future of the country. We are absolutely worse off short term than a Tory landslide, if you look at things from any sensible political view.

It depends how you look at it.  I think a May or Corbyn majority would have been pretty disastrous.   May now has to rely on the support of moderates in her own party, so she can't carry on lurching to the right anymore.  Though I think we were facing an election where we ended up with a bag of shit whatever happened.  Even if May resigned, the odds suggested the alternatives were Boris Johnson or David Davis.  

which election was this referencing 
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: June 09, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »

Retweeted Jon Snow (@jonsnowC4):
One of the most extreme political entities in the British Isles, the 8 MPs of the DUP, is to wag the tail of Mrs May's minority Government
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: June 09, 2017, 02:16:20 PM »

One of the most extreme political entities in the British Isles, the 8 MPs of the DUP, is to wag the tail of Mrs May's minority Government

He knows nothing
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: June 09, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »

He knows nothing

Prepared to be enlightened, just saying he knows nothing hardly adds to the debate.
T
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9831 on: June 09, 2017, 02:24:34 PM »

He knows nothing

Prepared to be enlightened, just saying he knows nothing hardly adds to the debate.
T

Prepare to be enlightened.....it's a Game of Thrones reference
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: June 09, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »

Who does Corbyn bring into hs shadow cabinet to beef it up? 

I think Ged Killen might get the role as Shawdow Scottish secretary.

I think Chukka comes back in and from her speech it looks like Yvette Cooper wants to be involved. 

And what about the Tories?  Rumours of Gove back in the cabinet, surely he can't be trusted?

Diane moves to less stressful position. Shadown Leader of the House maybe? Yvette takes home office.

Put Chukka in the shadow Brexit team.

Stella Creasy should definitely get a job, something to do with press regulation maybe?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »

She must be dreadful, because this time 12, even 6months ago, Cornyn was unelectable and a general laughing stock. Even amongst Labour supporters.

No he wasn't.

All it took was for people to listen to him.

He was not getting a fair hearing. But election law meant he was allowed to get his message across.

Thing is Camel, with such a big lead in the polls its taken a good campaign from Corbyn and a shocking one from May to get Labour into this position.

If May had been less wooden and not fucked up on Dementia Tax she would have pissed a majority.

It has taken an almost perfect storm for Labour to still be in a position where they are 57 seats behind the Tories.

Where are the Tories going to get the extra votes to win from?

Labour have all their traditional voters who "can't vote for Corbyn" to attract back?

I would suggest it's as many as 10% of their usual vote. I know quite a few.

If Corbyn can pull the party togther now and return Labour to a broad church, plenty of the lost souls will come back.

Time will tell.

May will not survive to lead another general election campaign.

I'm sure Tighty mentioned boundary changes kick in this autumn. Think he said that's worth an extra 20-30 Tory seats compared to current position.
(Happy to be corrected on this).

So with a new leader and coherent message Tories will have the chance to get a majority.

I wouldn't give up all hope if I was a Tory.

Labour have a ridiculous habit of shooting itself in the foot. If they do that and the Tories manage to crowbar Ruth Davidson into the leadership, then it might be game on.

Interesting times, nice for your mob to be the ones in turmoil instead of mine for a change!

Yes all to play for.

Engineer a situation to get Ruth Davidson a seat and get her as leader.

Can you image the old school Tories though - an openly gay female leader.

Would be too much for some of them. They might come around when she smashed it - they love a winner.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: June 09, 2017, 02:42:24 PM »

LOL Ruth Davidson as leader?

Serious to fuck, she is hopeless.  An utter sham incapable politician.  Aye give her the job, it would be great. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: June 09, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

Serious to fuck, she is hopeless.  An utter sham incapable politician.  Aye give her the job, it would be great. 

Correct she only won the seats because Scots don't want another ref to leave the UK.  Nothing else won her these seats certainly not her as a leader!
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: June 09, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »

Some DUP pics.  Welcome home.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: June 09, 2017, 02:55:25 PM »

Do we need to start paying proper salaries to MP's and cabinet members in order to attract a better quality of person to run our country? 

Perhaps it's time to privatise the cabinet. That should ensure its efficiency.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9838 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:03 PM »

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »

Preferable to May or Boris that's for sure.

At least you can enjoy the Union for another 10 years Pokerbroker.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 654 655 [656] 657 658 659 660 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: