blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181018 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10035 on: June 13, 2017, 08:07:10 PM »

Theresa May is a just horrible though, and she's miles out of her depth as a politician.

Even the loyalist tories on her gotta admit she got a pretty serious schooling during the last 6 weeks.

Very true. She's been awful.

Tories desperate for a leader that is a communicator who understands real people.

Some charisma would be helpful too.

Who do you think would be the best option for the Conservatives, Rick?

I don't follow closely enough to really know any of them, as almost all my poliltical info is derived from here.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: June 13, 2017, 08:09:17 PM »

Theresa May is a just horrible though, and she's miles out of her depth as a politician.

Even the loyalist tories on her gotta admit she got a pretty serious schooling during the last 6 weeks.

Tories desperate for leader that is a communicator who understands real people.

Who would you have?

The Leavers bojo, fallon, davis know shes probably the last chance for the one policy keeping them anywhere near government, and the remainers dont want to touch brexit with a bargepole.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: June 13, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »

Tories desperate for a leader that is a communicator who understands real people.

I don't follow closely enough to really know any of them, as almost all my poliltical info is derived from here.

As it stands Ruth Davidson has the above, but is not an MP.
Does she stand as one before May goes?....seems difficult, so unlikely.

Boris is obvious of course and looking down the runners and riders, nothing stands out to take him on.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: June 13, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: June 13, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »

As it stands Ruth Davidson has the above, but is not an MP.
Does she stand as one before May goes?....seems difficult, so unlikely.

Boris is obvious of course and looking down the runners and riders, nothing stands out to take him on.

Wow!

Be like having Trump MkII in charge Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Rees-Mogg

This guy will do.  Not sure he wants the hassle.

Ruth D was gifted the seats because of a protest vote by the Jocks against independence for a second time in numerous seats and tactic voting.  She isn't the next tory leader surely?  She ticks all the modern day PC boxes however which have led to the standard of senior MP's being as poor as ever.  (Gay/Woman) etc so she will probably seem a logical results orientated fit.  Not sure how that fits with the DUP mind you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:36:14 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: June 13, 2017, 08:25:51 PM »

Ive no idea of Ruth Davisons qualities other than seeming like a regular person when interviewed, and she would be the step forward the tories need to continue to make them a modern party, be a bit strange after the DUP links tho. Didnt tighty once suggest milliband for labour wouldnt require a seat. I can think of an easy bielection they could gift her.

Boris' popularity ends with roles like mayor where its limited power. The average voter will always see him as ridic posh and older voters wont tolerate a buffoon, all joking about theresa mays campaign aside.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:32:06 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: June 13, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

This guy will do.  Not sure he wants the hassle.

Hes far too posh and lacks social awareness of just how posh he comes across, would be a landslide.

Incred- At the 1997 general election, Rees-Mogg was the Tory candidate for the solidly Labour seat of Central Fife and attracted ridicule after canvassing a largely working-class neighbourhood with his former nanny;[8] on election night he came third, gaining 9% of the votes cast,[11] slightly fewer than half of the votes won by the previous Conservative candidate in 1992. However, rumours that he had toured the constituency in a Bentley were described as "scurrilous" − he insisted it had been a Mercedes.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:31:35 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: June 13, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »

This guy will do.  Not sure he wants the hassle.

Hes far too posh and lacks social awareness of just how posh he comes across, would be a landslide.

No more posh than Dave C but far smarter imo and a brexit supporter.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: June 13, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »

Don't think there is anyone who really stands out.

Boris has charisma but is a clown.

David Davies has personality but leader? Not for me.

Amber Rudd seems competent but doesn't look like a natural leader to me. Might be a dark horse though.

Hammond seems a safe pair of hands but uninspiring.

Ruth Davidson has the profile to appeal to younger voters. Some on here think she's poor though. Definitely has the drive and ambition. Probably too risky for traditional Tories.

They are the only real contenders I think.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:35:40 PM by RickBFA » Logged
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: June 13, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »

Boris won 2 London mayoral elections, he is certainly a capable campaigner but not sure he has enough support within his own party to get to be leader. I think Amber Rudd based on who shone in this election would be a decent choice but she voted remain, so probably her screwed. Likely to be David Davis IMO, as uninspiring as that is.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: June 13, 2017, 08:44:13 PM »

"I gradually realised that whatever I happened to be speaking about, the number of voters in my favour dropped as soon as I opened my mouth."

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

Hammond seems a safe pair of hands

First time anyones said that this week
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: June 13, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »

"I gradually realised that whatever I happened to be speaking about, the number of voters in my favour dropped as soon as I opened my mouth."

Says more about the British public than Mogg imo.  Why don't we want the elite and educated running our country?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: June 13, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »

Boris won 2 London mayoral elections, he is certainly a capable campaigner but not sure he has enough support within his own party to get to be leader. I think Amber Rudd based on who shone in this election would be a decent choice but she voted remain, so probably her screwed. Likely to be David Davis IMO, as uninspiring as that is.

Rudd will have big issues keeping her seat next time. Lots of people kicking themselves for not canvassing harder in her constituency. In spite of this I guess she probably seems the best. imo Boris would win an election vs Corbyn.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: