blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 921 922 923 924 [925] 926 927 928 929 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196973 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13860 on: September 10, 2018, 06:02:10 PM »

Don't listen to them JC. You're doing a grand job. Carry on pls.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: September 10, 2018, 08:08:03 PM »

Don't listen to them JC. You're doing a grand job. Carry on pls.

Nice post nirvana

Superlative self restraint, MANTIS
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: September 11, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »

This is why the immigration paper is delayed: You're either going to maintain EU immigration, massively increase non-EU immigration, or cancel most of the UK's major projects

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/09/10/without-immigration-britain-is-set-to-wither-away

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »

Because Brexit has been under-debated, Mogg and Cash sang some of their greatest hits to a near empty chamber yesterday.  latest imes political sketch

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/moggs-merry-band-belt-out-their-greatest-hits-hjgzjwg8w

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »

Corbyn's failure to defend Canterbury MP Rosie Duffield is precisely the sort of unlikely cause célèbre that will lead to a Labour split

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/09/rosie-duffield-censure-labour-mps-damage-done-anti-semitism

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: September 11, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »

UK Brexit Dept rejects a Freedom of Information request from Reuters on whether it has sought legal advice on staging a second referendum, or reversing Article 50,   

Says not in the public interest and would weaken UK negotiating position.

Preposterous, no?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: September 11, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »

the hard Brexiters have lost https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-boris-johnson-chequers-agreement-uk-eu-union-steve-baker-a8531181.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: September 11, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »

The space in the centre.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/09/hole-in-middle-lib-dems-will-not-fill-it-themselves

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: September 11, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

At the Economists for Free Trade launch today they have supplied this handy guide to dealing with a no-deal Brexit. Glad that’s sorted.

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45481485

In the meantime, more shit news on real wage growth, unemployment rate and economic growth from ONS.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: September 11, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »

In the meantime, more shit news on real wage growth, unemployment rate and economic growth from ONS.

from my saved notepad file

We haven't left yet and the BoE has been quantitative easing to sustain confidence/investment in these uncertain times.

in essence, we're in make up but our backer is prepared to keep our volume of play going

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: September 11, 2018, 03:18:05 PM »

We haven't left yet and the BoE has been quantitative easing to sustain confidence/investment in these uncertain times.

in essence, we're in make up but our backer is prepared to keep our volume of play going

One of the main arguments was that if we voted out then we would quickly see consumer confidence disappear, people would dramatically tighten their spending and that businesses would not take the risks of recruiting/training staff (with the short term costs that incurs), they would cut costs and batten down the hatches. In fact we would be losing hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Whilst our economic growth isnt exactly sparkling, none of the above has really happened.

When are the public and businesses going to do what was forecast by the doom and gloom merchants. March 19 ?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: September 11, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »

Jaguar Land Rover boss Ralph Speth, at the same event as the PM tells Sky News that no Deal Brexit could hit its profits by £1.2bn... said he is “very very concerned” by the prospect of cross channel blockages on supply chains “stopping the production lines”

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: September 11, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »

One of the main arguments was that if we voted out then we would quickly see consumer confidence disappear, people would dramatically tighten their spending and that businesses would not take the risks of recruiting/training staff (with the short term costs that incurs), they would cut costs and batten down the hatches. In fact we would be losing hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Whilst our economic growth isnt exactly sparkling, none of the above has really happened.

When are the public and businesses going to do what was forecast by the doom and gloom merchants. March 19 ?

if at all concerned about no deal, which i think we should be

the public should be now (posting live from my larder, surrounded by cans of tinned peaches). Unemployment is going to be a huge factor across many industries and there continues to be a "yes but won't be me guv" attitude across many people, in so far as i can tell

businesses can cut quickly as and when required

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: September 11, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »

if at all concerned about no deal, which i think we should be

the public should be now (posting live from my larder, surrounded by cans of tinned peaches). Unemployment is going to be a huge factor across many industries and there continues to be a "yes but won't be me guv" attitude across many people, in so far as i can tell

businesses can cut quickly as and when required

So with our exit so close, why are they still recruiting and training staff?

With the cliff edge so close, it makes no sense to recruit staff, train them and six months later ditch them. All that is unnecessary costs - even if they can cut back quickly.

The problem with the philosophy of everyone tightening their belts is of course that recession etc becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in a consumer lead economy (which like it or not is what we are).

I have a feeling the tinned peaches will still be unopened in 2028.
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 923 924 [925] 926 927 928 929 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: