blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 03:59:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2208901 Posts in 66069 Topics by 16534 Members
Latest Member: mste89
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on June 8th 2017
Conservative - 29 (28.4%)
Labour - 36 (35.3%)
Lib Dem - 13 (12.7%)
UKIP - 1 (1%)
Green - 1 (1%)
Nationalist party eg SNP, Plaid - 7 (6.9%)
Don't intend to vote - 4 (3.9%)
I really don't know yet - 11 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: 1 ... 926 927 928 929 [930] 931 932 933 934 ... 937 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 512197 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #13935 on: September 14, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »

I think they must think we are stupid.

Our British driving licence may be invalid in Europe after Brexit, and we will need 2 permits to drive from France to Spain from the UK

Of course, because every other country outside the EU has to do this don't they.

This portrayal that we will become the world's lepers make those of us that are or have wavered on our Brexit choice just more determined to see it through.

On the subject of driving licences, it is possible that we will become subject to the same rules as Australians. Which means obtaining an International Driving Permit.
Hardly an issue worth getting excited about by the Year in Proven e crowd.
https://france.embassy.gov.au/pari/driving.html

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: September 14, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »

funnily enough, finding it difficult to attract staff

So NHS is actively trying to recruit another 100,000 staff and the Labour bloke says this is caused by austerity?  Run that by me again?

Haha, was it Diane Abbott by chance or is there another Uber clown in their ranks? 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡

Do we think 8 years of real term pay cuts has played a part in this situation?

The financial crisis probably did of which labour would not have dealt with better than the Tories, highly likely worse as they like to piss money down the drain....

Like spending money on people to staff our hospitals? It’s kind of hard to see your point in this context, since we are taking specifically about a failure to provide funding to staff our hospitals.

The funding is there though.  They are actively recruiting.  The reason they are struggling to recruit is largely due to uncertainty over Brexit for potential overseas workers.

8 years of running something in to the ground, then providing limited emergency money once things are desperate, doesn’t count as funding something in my eyes.

Significantly increasing the NHS budget with consistently above inflation funding increases doesn’t constitute “running something into the ground”

The will never be enough money for the NHS in its current structure.

https://fullfact.org/health/spending-english-nhs/

The last paragraph is quite telling.

Anyway back to the original point.....

So I'm saying the reason they are struggling to recruit because they have dramatically cut pay. Do we agree that:

1: Pay rises have been frozen at 1% since 2010?
2: Inflation in this period is 24.8%?

Anybody for a massive pay cut? Nothing to do with difficulty retaining staff and recruiting?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: September 14, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »

‘More than 85 per cent of British Jews think Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic’

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/more-than-85-per-cent-of-british-jews-think-jeremy-corbyn-is-antisemitic-1.469654

Our media certainly have a talent for misleading people. Just look at the state of poor Mantis, parroting bullshit from the tabloids daily.

Also Survation are highly dubious, amazing how many polling companies are run by people who were or still are in the employment of the Conservative Party.

And you have a talent for having a good whine up every time you hear something you don’t like.....

Chukka Ummuna isn’t part of the media, he’s one of labours good guys, but you keep sticking your head in the sand mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/09/chuka-umunna-labour-is-institutionally-racist

Agreed Chukka is a good guy, he has a vested interest in damaging Corbyn though. They fundamentally disagree on how to limit Tory damage to this country, ultimately that's all decent people enter in to politics to do (other than the decent Tories of course).

Anyway on to racism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics

Cliffs: Racism (all inequality) is part of the identity of RW politics, support for civil rights is part of the identity of LW politics. If I'm wrong, it's wrong. Shall we see if we can correct the Wikipedia pages?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: September 14, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »

Possible edit on that last one, I guess it’s posssible that it is also why the decent Tories are there.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

hold on to your hats, Labour is planning to vote down May's Brexit deal whatever it is:

https://www.ft.com/content/31653510-b6a6-11e8-b3ef-799c8613f4a1

Next stage? Both Labour & Brexiters gave May a chance to negotiate the undefined 'Good deal' she touted. She fails? Hard Brexit or Remain.

It's looking like a limb torn off
Or altogether just taken apart
We're reeling through an endless fall
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: September 14, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »

the worst case scenario presented to cabinet was leaked...

Is the potential for disaster of a no-deal Brexit -- collapse in house prices, economic chaos -- enough for Tory MPs to back May?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/09/no-deal-predictions-brexit-mark-carney-bank-england-chequers-theresa-may

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: September 14, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »

a very very good read

the whys, wherefores and consequences of the crash 10 years ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/financial-crisis-2008-why-lehman-brothers-what-happened-10-years-anniversary-a8531581.html

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: September 14, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »

Hey Tighty I'm a little concerned you're just parroting what's in the press.

Just be careful mate because if cuckoo turns up after a couple of cans of stella you might get it in the neck.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13943 on: September 14, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »

Just be careful mate because if cuckoo turns up after a couple of cans of stella you might get it in the neck.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: September 14, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »

I think linking news and paraphrasing (parrotphrasing sic) the gutter is quite different. Plus I’m back in training for a 10k on Oct 16th, no Stella fuelled rants before then.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: September 14, 2018, 04:37:56 PM »

i have been linking articles since may 14th 2015. 930 pages later, it hasn't done too badly for a mostly sensible conversation

i can stop easily enough if its only for benefit. Probably be better for my mental health

StuartHopkin

Turny

View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: September 14, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »

i have been linking articles since may 14th 2015. 930 pages later, it hasn't done too badly for a mostly sensible conversation

i can stop easily enough if its only for benefit. Probably be better for my mental health

Please don't stop Tighty! So many great articles I wouldn't see otherwise.

P.s. I don't have any tinned peaches

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13947 on: September 14, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

Don't stop Rich, this this thread is the first one I open.

Well sometimes I open the The Next President of the United States thread first but I love both equally.

Remember when we had to rely on tikay's diary for our news? Don't send us back there.

Fugit inreparabile tempus.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13948 on: September 14, 2018, 06:49:16 PM »

Raab is simply posturing during negotiations. As Barnier and all the scaremongers have been doing throughout. I think there’s a moral hazard in scaring people to buy peaches really.

In terms of future deals and unions I wonder how the EU have come across during this period. Leave us and we’ll say we don’t trust you, play hardball, confront, reprimand and sabotage economies. If one of our member states like Ireland gets caught up in the fall out well we’ll basically just fuck them off and leave them out there in the cold. Seems like an awesome union doesn’t it.

Given how they treated Greece, I would say they are treating us with kid gloves.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »

Barnier has been pushing the limits in the last week or so.

Raab is responding in kind. Frankly, so he should. The comment on here about Barnier being a wanker is spot on.

If EU want to play hard ball then we have to make it clear we are only going to pay the very least we have to as part of our legal responsibilities.

Its all posturing and playing to the audience rather than anything particularly meaningful.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Lets hope it doesn't involve fucking peaches  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 928 929 [930] 931 932 933 934 ... 937 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: