blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 975 976 977 978 [979] 980 981 982 983 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198548 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14670 on: October 19, 2018, 11:37:14 AM »

new day different headline

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: October 19, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »

i thought i would revisit this

dropped through every front door in the run up to the election

pretty much coming to pass, right?

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: October 19, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »

It is coming to pass and even though potential economic disruption was advised the majority still voted leave because of those bullet points at the end

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: October 19, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »

ok, then people seriously underestimated the benefits of the single market (Thatcher, one of its greatest supporters) and the cost of being out of it in their every day lives.

being part of that big trading group, freedom of movement with the benefits economic migration brings completely misunderstood (or not explained well enough, i accept)

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: October 19, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »

Having to follow rules over which you have no say is a massive statement for a democratic country to swallow. Particularly a country with extensive history of fighting for democracy. Give that up to avoid marginal economic decline? Can see why resistance is there to such a suggestion.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: October 19, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »

In the EU you have a vote and influence  outside it you have no vote and less influence and far less access to many millions of consumers for your products as the government leaflet says

have to start from scratch in hundreds of trade deals that take many years to agree. until then its WTO and its unlikely to be a marginal economic decline

i find it difficult to see why this suggestion meets with such resistance, except for those living a fantasy life that doesn't impinge much on the real world consequences of isolating yourself in a globalised just in time world

My eyes are open wide
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: October 19, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »

Having to follow rules over which you have no say is a massive statement for a democratic country to swallow. Particularly a country with extensive history of fighting for democracy. Give that up to avoid marginal economic decline? Can see why resistance is there to such a suggestion.

Hi Mantis

Has it ever occurred to you that your views do not represent the country as a whole?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: October 19, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »

Facebook will now cost £9,000 a year

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: October 19, 2018, 03:17:23 PM »

Hi Mantis

Has it ever occurred to you that your views do not represent the country as a whole?

48% voted Remain so it’s a statistical fact my views don’t represent the country as a whole

Tell me mate...do your views represent the country has a whole?

That said does it occur to you that those bullet points are not acceptable to the majority?

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: October 19, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »

Hi Mantis

48% voted Remain so it’s a statistical fact my views don’t represent the country as a whole

That said does it occur to you that those bullet points are not acceptable to the majority?

I don't think my general views would represent even 10% of the country, that's why generally I keep them to myself.
You will probably notice that I very rarely make any comments about what they country thinks, should think or finds hard to swallow.

I would guess, and I will admit it is only a guess, that the majority of the country couldn't give a monkeys about those bullet points.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: October 19, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »

Facebook will now cost £9,000 a year

So much for social justice, obviously a dash for the cash! 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: October 19, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »

My comment was a play on the last time Nick went into coalition with a big blue outfit, and abandoned free tuition against long held principles

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: October 19, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »

My comment was a play on the last time Nick went into coalition with a big blue outfit, and abandoned free tuition against long held principles

Hadn’t spotted that. Don’t blame him at all, who the fk wants to work in the poison of politics when you could be living in the sun and be shipping it large every year.....
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: October 19, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »

Hi Mantis

I don't think my general views would represent even 10% of the country, that's why generally I keep them to myself.
You will probably notice that I very rarely make any comments about what they country thinks, should think or finds hard to swallow.

I would guess, and I will admit it is only a guess, that the majority of the country couldn't give a monkeys about those bullet points.

Agreed mate, the people who don't care about uncontrolled immigration, self-determination or whether British decisions are spineless is a very small minority.

Even so, would encourage you to post such thoughts frequently on a failing forum. I'm sure the wizards will confirm it's a real positive for the stats.   

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: October 19, 2018, 04:53:54 PM »

Hi Mantis

Agreed mate, the people who don't care about uncontrolled immigration, self-determination or whether British decisions are spineless is a very small minority.

Even so, would encourage you to post such thoughts frequently on a failing forum. I'm sure the wizards will confirm it's a real positive for the stats.   

I think the majority would agree that your attempt to twist my statements is pretty poor.

I would however believe that the amount of people who do care about uncontrolled immigration greatly out weighs the number of people who care about self determination and supposed spineless decisions.

I find your point of view on this somewhat delusional.

I voted leave.

I would still like to leave.

At this point though all of that is irrelevant.

Whether Brexit was a good idea, bad idea, opportunity or disaster it doesn't matter.

The leaders of this country, in my belief, are not up to the job of delivering anything other than either the worst deal anyone ever imagined or an implosion of epic proportions.
They are too busy fighting amongst themselves and completely out of touch with reality.

Your idea that it is spineless to realise this is and do something about it is insane.

Pages: 1 ... 975 976 977 978 [979] 980 981 982 983 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: