blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181028 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17475 on: May 26, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »

As someone wanting to control immigration I don't see that this is racist. Is that all you see? If so is it just because no one is white?

He used a picture of Syrian refugees knowing full well that they had no rights to come into the UK and it's not relevant. There is a reason they are not white, the picture is a symbol of the people that scare the exact demographic he wanted to influence.

I am pro controlling immigration but this was calculated to feed into the "swarm" and "plague" narrative that was in the press a lot at the time.

To me it reminds me that I can't get an appointment at the doctors like I used to , or there will be more people probably expecting me to tolerate their way of life, rather than integrate into ours.

I have no doubt some will lap up your proposed narrative, but very few are that simple, just good people that care about themselves and their family and how this will all affect their futures.

You literally voted for a government that stopped paying doctors.

While immigrants provided more money than non immigrants to to be able to spend on doctors. Our government decided not to spend the extra money immigrants provided on doctors.

I doubt the immigrants in the photo provided much of that. That is where the Remoaners desperate to put labels on the rest of us fall down. They know we are happy with immigrants that bring something to the party, but that would make their argument less dramatic by accepting that.

Far easier to Chuck all immigrants into the argument and muddy the waters.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: May 26, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »

Do show me something Farage has done that’s racist! Sure, some of his tactics have been a little unpalatable but I wouldn’t go further than perhaps call it ‘extreme patriotism’.

See how he ditched UKIP when they allowed an actual racist (Yaxley-Lennon) into the fold? And didn’t he have a German wife? Or do you think he’s just racist to browns?

I hope you dont think everyone who votes for the brexit party is racist...

Farage holds the same views now, as he did when he was in UKIP. As the saying goes, not everyone who voted Brexit is racist, but all the racists voted Brexit.

I really would like to see how brave a keyboard warrior like you would be in a room full of Brexiteers.

I suppose racists don’t like to be labelled racists. But of course Adz, your response doesn’t surprise me. You’re inciting violence, typical Brexit yob.

You can call me a racist all you like Aaron. My mate Chris, who I played golf with today and a black guy, might disagree, but you know me so much better.

I didn’t call you racist.

Just LOL at you, silly little boy.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: May 26, 2019, 10:40:19 PM »

As someone wanting to control immigration I don't see that this is racist. Is that all you see? If so is it just because no one is white?

He used a picture of Syrian refugees knowing full well that they had no rights to come into the UK and it's not relevant. There is a reason they are not white, the picture is a symbol of the people that scare the exact demographic he wanted to influence.

I am pro controlling immigration but this was calculated to feed into the "swarm" and "plague" narrative that was in the press a lot at the time.

To me it reminds me that I can't get an appointment at the doctors like I used to , or there will be more people probably expecting me to tolerate their way of life, rather than integrate into ours.

I have no doubt some will lap up your proposed narrative, but very few are that simple, just good people that care about themselves and their family and how this will all affect their futures.

You literally voted for a government that stopped paying doctors.

While immigrants provided more money than non immigrants to to be able to spend on doctors. Our government decided not to spend the extra money immigrants provided on doctors.

I doubt the immigrants in the photo provided much of that. That is where the Remoaners desperate to put labels on the rest of us fall down. They know we are happy with immigrants that bring something to the party, but that would make their argument less dramatic by accepting that.

Far easier to Chuck all immigrants into the argument and muddy the waters.

The immigrants in the photo have nothing to do with the UK. Let me know when we can stop pointing this out to you. Screening immigrants would cost a fortune, our government and the people who vote for them don’t believe in funding things.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: May 26, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

Do show me something Farage has done that’s racist! Sure, some of his tactics have been a little unpalatable but I wouldn’t go further than perhaps call it ‘extreme patriotism’.

See how he ditched UKIP when they allowed an actual racist (Yaxley-Lennon) into the fold? And didn’t he have a German wife? Or do you think he’s just racist to browns?

Farage holds the same views now, as he did when he was in UKIP. As the saying goes, not everyone who voted Brexit is racist, but all the racists voted Brexit.

I really would like to see how brave a keyboard warrior like you would be in a room full of Brexiteers.

I suppose racists don’t like to be labelled racists. But of course Adz, your response doesn’t surprise me. You’re inciting violence, typical Brexit yob.

You can call me a racist all you like Aaron. My mate Chris, who I played golf with today and a black guy, might disagree, but you know me so much better.

You call me silly little boy, but you said tighty left the discussion because of this, yet his daughter was having an operation.

I’d say more LOL at you.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: May 26, 2019, 10:49:01 PM »

You call me silly little boy, but you said tighty left the discussion because of this, yet his daughter was having an operation.

I’d say more LOL at you.

Jeez Aaron this is really OOL. Don't bite Adz.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: May 26, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »

I’d say more LOL at you.

Jeez Aaron this is really OOL. Don't bite Adz.

+1

Charity boxing match, imo.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: May 26, 2019, 11:01:45 PM »

Not sure why the rest of us bother.

Tighty knows. End of.....

What’s this? BigArz concedes that he doesn’t actually have an argument to set against Tighty’s fact-based approach?

If I recall I had posed a point that his wonderfulness hadn't answered,about the current state of travel freedoms, and how a stronger negotiator would have been able to push that button, using the previous troubles as leverage to maintain a status quo.

Let us not forget it was he who flounced off for several months when his previous arguments were being disassembled on this thread previously, despite the usual sheep like support from so many who blindly worship at his temple of  high brow clippings and long words.

This is what adz said.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: May 26, 2019, 11:08:01 PM »

What’s this? BigArz concedes that he doesn’t actually have an argument to set against Tighty’s fact-based approach?

If I recall I had posed a point that his wonderfulness hadn't answered,about the current state of travel freedoms, and how a stronger negotiator would have been able to push that button, using the previous troubles as leverage to maintain a status quo.

Let us not forget it was he who flounced off for several months when his previous arguments were being disassembled on this thread previously, despite the usual sheep like support from so many who blindly worship at his temple of  high brow clippings and long words.

This is what adz said.

I think it’s fair to say Adz shouldn’t try and work stuff out, his record is mind blowingly bad. He made his apology on this, no upside to bringing it up.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17483 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »

Any chance of some political discussion rather than playground stuff lads?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »

This is what adz said.

He made his apology on this, no upside to bringing it up.

Would have sufficed, mate.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: May 26, 2019, 11:11:51 PM »

Any chance of some political discussion rather than playground stuff lads?

You what? Only just seen the carnage, dying to get stuck in! 
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17486 on: May 26, 2019, 11:24:44 PM »

Results show the country is split in half, politicians have to brexit or remain, piss of half the people rather than 100% of them.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: May 26, 2019, 11:29:22 PM »

This is what adz said.

I think it’s fair to say Adz shouldn’t try and work stuff out, his record is mind blowingly bad. He made his apology on this, no upside to bringing it up.

Adz has just moaned at me. I’m happy to bring up Adz’s terrible assumptions.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: May 26, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »

Nearly half of the counts completed and Brexit have 31% whilst the LibDems, Greens and ChangeUK parties campaigning on a ‘No Brexit’ ticket have 37%

Welsh and Scottish results yet to come but Scotland was very strongly remain and adding the SNP vote to the Lib/Green/Change side will surely intensify the demand for another referendum.

Nigel appears to have misjudged this one.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17489 on: May 26, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »

Results show the country is split in half, politicians have to brexit or remain, piss of half the people rather than 100% of them.

Just explain how they piss off 100% again...

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: