blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191427 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19530 on: August 07, 2019, 04:11:44 PM »

Peadophiles - Daily Mail reported 71% support Brexit.

Some people don't realise that you don't have to tell the guy from Gallup everything about yourself when they phone up to do the poll.

Are you trying to call me a peadophile? I’ve screenshotted this, btw.,

Expect it to be take down before the morning.

Hi Aaron

Andrew is not implying anything about you personally. He was observing that it was strange that when contacted by a pollster that people would identify as a paedophile such that a statistic such as that which you stated could be produced by a polling company

On a broader point please can you stop conflating that because a small subset of Brexit supporters support far right groups, and an even smaller subset on a global basis commit crimes, that this disqualifies anyone who supports Brexit from having that view?

It's really not welcome and we regard it as unnecessary. It adds nothing to the tone of debate on here and really doesn't need repeating ad nauseam.

If you really have to keep posting in this manner, at least produce corroboration and sources for statistics and observations to at least give them credence.

Finally, why add "Boris Johnson - voted Brexit" to your rogues list? Whether a fan or not, its hardly appropriate to suggest he is in the same category as the EDL, racists, murderers and paedophiles is it?

I would imagine that this wasn't undertaken by the Daily Mail. I am unsure of why they posted it too and what you say.

PS - Isn't Boris a serial liar & adulterer?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19531 on: August 07, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »

Johnson decides to turn Britain into a de facto dictatorship and the forum brexiters giggle.

The choice of remain wordage has been my only source of joy throughout Brexit

Take Boris for eg In just the last 24hrs he’s moved from bumbling hedgehog hair paedo to iron fist dictator

All very hilarious and very incredible

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: August 07, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »

Johnson decides to turn Britain into a de facto dictatorship and the forum brexiters giggle.

Take Boris for eg In just the last 24hrs he’s moved from bumbling hedgehog hair paedo to iron fist dictator

A leader not elected by the people or supported by the people's representatives refuses to step down, mantis still giggles.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: August 07, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

A leader not elected by the people or supported by the people's representatives refuses to step down, mantis still giggles.

Yea must admit the aghast clutching of pearls at the sight of perfectly legal behaviours is mildly amusing

Esp from the ignore democratic referendum and get unelected queen involved camp
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 05:56:08 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: August 07, 2019, 06:07:23 PM »

Yea must admit the aghast clutching of pearls at the sight of perfectly legal behaviours is mildly amusing

Esp from the ignore democratic referendum and get unelected queen involved camp

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: August 07, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »

Esp from the ignore democratic referendum and get queen involved camp

I know it’s silly to engage as though you as if you are a serious contributor on stuff like this. I’ll have another go though.

Dominic Grieve is a QC and a former Attorney General, you are disagreeing with his view as to whether or not something is legal (remember when you used to tell some of the countries better poker players how to play poker on this forum, that was funny :-).

You are someone who writes endless steams of nonsense (the Aaron of the right) about politics on a poker forum.

Whose view should people value?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19536 on: August 07, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »

Think we can giggle at some theoretical scenarios without losing too much sleep, not that I personally would giggle - Herr Johnson was originally elected by people and then put forward by people's representatives for higher office and then voted for again by people so he has quite the mandate tbf, given how our constitution and the Tory party works these days. One day this mandate will be withdrawn, it might be soon

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: August 07, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »

Also, someone who says they’re fine with lying as a part of any political campaign, trying to be an authority on whether something is democratic or not.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19538 on: August 07, 2019, 06:54:27 PM »

All for remaining in the EU and all that, but the BBC bias against Brexit is horrendous. They try everything they can to promote remain.

Won’t be long until they’ve got Tighty doing the paper reviews
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: August 07, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »

I know it’s silly to engage as though you as if you are a serious contributor on stuff like this. I’ll have another go though.

Dominic Grieve is a QC and a former Attorney General, you are disagreeing with his view as to whether or not something is legal (remember when you used to tell some of the countries better poker players how to play poker on this forum, that was funny :-).

You are someone who writes endless steams of nonsense (the Aaron of the right) about politics on a poker forum.

Grieve claims not stepping down after a vote of no confidence would be "unconstitutional" not "illegal" so I'm not disagreeing with his view. I'm disagreeing with your incorrect interpretation of his view.

So tbf the answer to your question 'whose view should people value?' is 'not yours'.

Here's the view of Jonathan Sumption, a former supreme high court judge..."Johnson would be entitled to stay on as prime minister even if he lost a confidence vote"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/07/dominic-cummings-takes-swipe-at-greive-over-confidence-vote-plan

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19540 on: August 07, 2019, 07:41:42 PM »

Grieve claims not stepping down after a vote of no confidence would be "unconstitutional" not "illegal" so I'm not disagreeing with his view. I'm disagreeing with your incorrect interpretation of his view.

So tbf the answer to your question 'whose view should people value?' is 'not yours'.

Here's the view of Jonathan Sumption, a former supreme high court judge..."Johnson would be entitled to stay on as prime minister even if he lost a confidence vote"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/07/dominic-cummings-takes-swipe-at-greive-over-confidence-vote-plan

Good post, always nice to have an actually sensible one. I didn’t interpret Grieve’s view, I just said you were disagreeing with him about a legal matter. As discussed previously the picture is unclear, open to interpretation (by people who are actually qualified to do so) and it will be intriguing to see how it plays out.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19541 on: August 07, 2019, 11:08:39 PM »

Lol enjoying newsnight interview with former Sainsbury’s CEO and staunch Remainer Justin King

King: There’s going to be significant shortages on the shelves and as soon as that happens shoppers will start stocking up

Interviewer: Have you started stocking up?

King: No I haven’t

Interviewer: Would you?

King: No I don’t think I would

Interviewer: Well why wouldn’t you knowing what you know?

King: Because competition rules will be relaxed and people will act in a more collective way reducing any impact

Interviewer: So you’ve just proven the point that we can cope and there’s nothing to fear?

King: Well we won’t be able to cope if there’s shortages, people will stock up

Interviewer: But you’re not stocking up?

King: No that wouldn’t be the right thing to do

Interviewer: So you’re not believing your own fear?

King: Look there will be shortages and people will stock up

Interviewer: But not you...

LOLS love it!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19542 on: August 08, 2019, 12:24:51 AM »

Lol enjoying newsnight interview with former Sainsbury’s CEO and staunch Remainer Justin King

King: There’s going to be significant shortages on the shelves and as soon as that happens shoppers will start stocking up

Interviewer: Have you started stocking up?

King: No I haven’t

Interviewer: Would you?

King: No I don’t think I would

Interviewer: Well why wouldn’t you knowing what you know?

King: Because competition rules will be relaxed and people will act in a more collective way reducing any impact

Interviewer: So you’ve just proven the point that we can cope and there’s nothing to fear?

King: Well we won’t be able to cope if there’s shortages, people will stock up

Interviewer: But you’re not stocking up?

King: No that wouldn’t be the right thing to do

Interviewer: So you’re not believing your own fear?

King: Look there will be shortages and people will stock up

Interviewer: But not you...

LOLS love it!

He was on R4 this morning as well, must be the official remain food shortage spokesman. Towards the end of the interview he went off script from being a subject matter expert to just being another remainer wah wah wahing

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: August 08, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »

A very good explainer on the backstop

"PM Johnson has made the removal of the backstop the make-or-break matter when it comes to an exit deal with the EU.

So this thing is pretty damn important.

Time for a quick recap of what the 'loathed and detested' backstop actually is?"

https://twitter.com/hayward_katy/status/1156835486142533632?s=20

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: August 08, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »

"There’s about 10 days of food in total. The kind of disruption the government is talking about today… will lead to gaps on the shelves within a week.”

Here is King actually speaking

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1159225624344403968?s=20

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: