blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 1383 1384 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2190456 times)
engy

View Profile
« Reply #20685 on: September 10, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »

Good point Nirvana, blonde is mild compared to Twitter/Facebook
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: September 10, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »

This is the most popular thread on Blonde

I went round my mother in law’s house last week and watched an episode of Peaky Blinders

The amount of times she said it was appalling, violent, scenes of sexual nature, copious drug use, absolutely disgusting.

She watches every Sunday. Her favourite character is Arthur.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »

I basically agree with Nirvana. Additionally I think the decline in the quality of the debate should be of more concern than the lack of civility in some of the language. The two things do impact each other though, so best endeavours on both must be the best way to go.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: September 10, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »

Obviously the main characters think it's all fine and Dandy. what I'm saying is, the "active users list" used to consistently run into the high double figures, and there were many pages of active and entertaining threads at any time. Now it's the same dozen or so people going round and round in uncivil circles, and everyone else has cleared off.

Yes it's relatively mild compared to some facebook and twitter feeds, but it's extremely unpleasant compared to the good old days of Blonde that was pretty much zero tolerance on trolling, name calling, aggression, rudeness, etc.

Crack on if you're enjoying it I guess, but I think it's a shame that it's degenerated into this.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: September 10, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »

Obviously the main characters think it's all fine and Dandy. what I'm saying is, the "active users list" used to consistently run into the high double figures, and there were many pages of active and entertaining threads at any time. Now it's the same dozen or so people going round and round in uncivil circles, and everyone else has cleared off.

Yes it's relatively mild compared to some facebook and twitter feeds, but it's extremely unpleasant compared to the good old days of Blonde that was pretty much zero tolerance on trolling, name calling, aggression, rudeness, etc.

Crack on if you're enjoying it I guess, but I think it's a shame that it's degenerated into this.

Tbh, I think people were clearing off anyway as the forum was getting a lot quieter before this thread was even active. You could argue if this thread wasn’t here and TFT there would be very little activity on this forum.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: September 10, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »

Tbh, I think people were clearing off anyway as the forum was getting a lot quieter before this thread was even active. You could argue if this thread wasn’t here and TFT there would be very little activity on this forum.

I think this is probably true too.   Not many post poker content anymore; when was the last poker hand analysis question?   Tips for Tikay died with everyone's accounts, but dispite its success, there was quite a bit of bickering.   

Poker forums have been tailing off everywhere, 2 plus is still active, albeit on a smaller scale, but hhe Hendon Mob forum is ultra quiet.  I haven't looked in a while, but think this is busier than pocket now.   

It wasn't long ago when DTD was getting the blame, before that people claimed TfT wad too dominant. I just think people get bored of their interests over time and just move on.

People should definitely quit the personal abuse, but it is hard when people get so emotionally involved in Brexit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: September 10, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »

Tbf, I log on to this thread a few times every day, but it's turned into morbid curiosity more than anything else.  I'm sure I'm not alone to say it's a topic that I'm hugely interested in, and enjoy discussing on many platforms, but am put off from posting here by the toxic nature of a few posters.  AdamM's post reflected my thoughts pretty much exactly!
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: September 10, 2019, 04:06:46 PM »

Tbf, I log on to this thread a few times every day, but it's turned into morbid curiosity more than anything else.  I'm sure I'm not alone to say it's a topic that I'm hugely interested in, and enjoy discussing on many platforms, but am put off from posting here by the toxic nature of a few posters.  AdamM's post reflected my thoughts pretty much exactly!
Exactly my thoughts, have written loads and deleted, not worth the grief..

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: September 10, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »

Interestjng to hear other perspectives. Think my skin has been thickened from what I've seen elsewhere and for every sigh I find enough interesting opinions to like the content overall. Have only gone from a sigh to frothing completely once I think.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: September 10, 2019, 04:27:31 PM »

Really 5 years ago would i have told Adz to fuck off? Probably not.

I told everyone to fuck off 10 years ago.

Now I just scroll on and go about my day. It's an odd world.

PS - You probably would have eventually Grin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: September 10, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

Tbh it’s pretty unlikely you guys would get any grief. It’s mostly isolated to the small group of us who stick it to each other regularly, and we all know what we’re getting into when we stick our heads above the paprapit.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: September 10, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »

tbf when Leave reminisce about the good old days Remain start chatting about Union Jack bunting and Victorian street parties

But I like nostalgia and even remember way back to when Tikay used to post in his diary

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: September 10, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »

Tbh it’s pretty unlikely you guys would get any grief. It’s mostly isolated to the small group of us who stick it to each other regularly, and we all know what we’re getting into when we stick our heads above the paprapit.

It's an environment issue Woodsey.  Pages of back and forth and one-upmanship are painful to read nevermind actually trying to join in and have a conversation in the middle of.  The last few pages have been a prime example of this.  
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: September 10, 2019, 04:37:59 PM »

It's an environment issue Woodsey.  Pages of back and forth and one-upmanship are painful to read nevermind actually trying to join in and have a conversation in the middle of.  The last few pages have been a prime example of this.  

Ahh well, I quite enjoy it tbh  Cheesy
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: September 10, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »

Ahh well, I quite enjoy it tbh  Cheesy

Didn't everyone kiss and make up this morning?

Great thread Dewi

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 1383 1384 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: