blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181168 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21945 on: November 08, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »

Does that meand that for every stupid Tory comment there are plenty of braindead, offensive Labour ones too, or that there are some stupid labour comments too?  Jared O'Mara and Williamson aren't labour, though they tried to take them both back!

I missed the rape victims should keep their knickers on comment, I assumed the Welsh Conservative was the jeopardising rape trial one when he was no longer standing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21946 on: November 08, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »

A problem, as the first week of the campaign has shown in spades,is that the more extreme end of both Con and Lab now run their parties. rees-mogg, cleverly, the anti-semitism debacles this week etc

Many moderates from both sides leaving/standing down. Think we are up over 75 what you might call "moderates" leaving from Tom Watson through to Rory Stewart and many others

I think ultimately we'll get a greater % of the vote share being taken outside the two main parties, as any "centrists" be they one nation tories or new labour type voters, have nowhere to go. Lib dems, greens, independents all got big opportunities in this election

its also going to be a far less experienced HOC potentially in another hung parliament so the hairy times likely to continue

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21947 on: November 08, 2019, 01:02:17 PM »

Another good read

All quiet on the Brexit front.

"My latest Brexit Blog post on how GE2019 isn't discussing Brexit seriously, analysis of BXP's (changing?) stance, Lab's strengths and weaknesses, hung parliament possibilities, tactical voting & more"

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/11/all-quiet-on-brexit-front.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21948 on: November 08, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »

Priyamvada Gopal
@PriyamvadaGopal
Dying in Fire= Lacking in Common Sense
Rape=Fails to Keep Knickers On
Poor People=Best to Put Them Down

To be fair, a lot of Tories are doing an excellent job in getting their core values across.

I was listening to a Labour MP yesterday trying to defend the fact one her colleagues commented that she looked forward to celebrating the deaths of Tony Blair and Benjamin Netanyahu (words to that effect). She said it was common for people to celebrate the deaths of people and used Hitler as another example.

For every stupid Tory comment there are plenty of braindead, offensive Labour ones too.

We can all be selective eh?

She's not an MP, but is the Labour candidate for Pudsey.

It was an excruciating thing to listen to (turns out it was recorded about half a mile away from me at the time).  The 12.5 second pause, while she though how to dig herself out of a hole, was excruciating.  She then continued to dig the hole regardless.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21949 on: November 08, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »

Does that meand that for every stupid Tory comment there are plenty of braindead, offensive Labour ones too, or that there are some stupid labour comments too?  Jared O'Mara and Williamson aren't labour, though they tried to take them both back!

I missed the rape victims should keep their knickers on comment, I assumed the Welsh Conservative was the jeopardising rape trial one when he was no longer standing. 

I found those examples in a 30 second google search.

The point I was making is that trying to characterise a Party's view on rape etc using the examples of a few idiots isn't very helpful. The Tory candidate with the rape comment has been dropped.

Both parties have MP's, candidates etc who make stupid comments - doesn't mean its the ethos or fundamental belief of the whole organisation.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21950 on: November 08, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »

Do the political parties really think these kind of videos will sway us to vote for them?

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1192765878737215489

https://twitter.com/grahamlithgow/status/1192728916055777280

EDIT - I've now learned that it's called "shitposting".

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:41:22 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21951 on: November 08, 2019, 05:42:53 PM »

Do the political parties really think these kind of videos will sway us to vote for them?

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1192765878737215489

https://twitter.com/grahamlithgow/status/1192728916055777280

Wonder if custard tarts carelessly pawed by Liz will be worth as much as Olivia Newton John's trousers in future years?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21952 on: November 08, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »

Who do they think will be impressed by this oh-so-obviously staged photograph?

Picture the scene, as the cameraman (or woman) says "right, all stare at Liz, and Liz, I want you to stare at the camera & put on your gormless look, ok?"

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21953 on: November 08, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »

Are you sitting comfortably?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21954 on: November 08, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »

^^^^^

Dear God,

Save me from this utter shite.

Wish I'd never mentioned her name now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21955 on: November 08, 2019, 06:15:25 PM »

Excellent timing Tom. 4 minutes in she mentions improved flood defences.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21956 on: November 08, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »

I managed 9 minutes.  The Yorkshire Tea segment did for me; it wasn't what she said, it was the look on her face.   She is a shining light amongst Tory women though.  I haven't seen much of Esther McVey in this campaign; has she not been on Lorraine Kelly's show recently?  Probably for the best if she is shunning the limelight.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #21957 on: November 08, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »

Who do they think will be impressed by this oh-so-obviously staged photograph?

Picture the scene, as the cameraman (or woman) says "right, all stare at Liz, and Liz, I want you to stare at the camera & put on your gormless look, ok?"

Click to see full-size image.

I’ve thought about it a lot and I *think* the thing about this photo that annoys me the most is that she’s the only one wearing a poppy.

‘Quick, someone get her a poppy!’, bellows the spin doctor. ‘We can’t allow a photo to be taken in November sans poppy. It won’t play well with Workington Man if she’s snapped without a poppy!’

‘I’ve got one, use mine!’ screamed the intern, bumbling forward to present a crumpled paper poppy they’d paid a pound for that morning.

‘We can’t use that! Look at it’ chastised the spin doctor as the intern faded back into the walls. ‘We’ll have to photoshop one one’ came the edict.

‘What about the others?’ questioned the graphic designer?

But the spin doctor was already gone. Andrew Bridgen had opened his mouth again and he was needed for damage control.

FIN
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #21958 on: November 08, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »

A close second to the poppy thing is the Shisha pipe and plastic wine and shot glasses in the background as if a single Tory MP has ever used a single on of them.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21959 on: November 08, 2019, 10:10:34 PM »

^^^^

Excellent observations.

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: