blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 1524 1525 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2189846 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22800 on: April 04, 2020, 11:08:25 AM »

Congrats Keir Starmer, good luck in your persuit of being the next losing labour leader 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22801 on: April 04, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »

BBC News has a strap at the bottom reading: Starmer won 56.2% of the vote Raynor won 52.6%.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22802 on: April 04, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »

BBC News has a strap at the bottom reading: Starmer won 56.2% of the vote Raynor won 52.6%.

They were voted in for different positions, leader and deputy leader, so probably correct.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22803 on: April 04, 2020, 12:37:09 PM »

They were voted in for different positions, leader and deputy leader, so probably correct.
Full results here

https://labour.org.uk/people/leadership-elections-hub-2020/leadership-elections-2020-results/

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22804 on: April 08, 2020, 04:12:24 PM »

It seems to have been missed by much of the press but Seumas Milne has left his job with the labour party.   Can't say I am sad.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22805 on: April 13, 2020, 12:06:20 PM »

Everyone apply for their own filters for political bias/skewed perspectives etc:

https://twitter.com/frankcottrell_b/status/1249628985379692545?s=21

I haven’t read the book, I’ve been meaning to for a while, I definitely have the time now.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22806 on: April 13, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »

In other news, looks increasingly like Labour will spend the next couple of years fighting each other rather than being an opposition or engaging anew with the electorate. Wallopers.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22807 on: April 13, 2020, 03:00:04 PM »

In other news, looks increasingly like Labour will spend the next couple of years fighting each other rather than being an opposition or engaging anew with the electorate. Wallopers.

In summary.

Some nasty people in the labour party have said bad things about other people in the labour party say some nasty people in the labour party who have spent the last five years saying bad things about other people in the labour party.

Good on Keir for trying to bring both sides into his cabinet.  Bringing in both sides means inviting centrists as well as lefties, duh.  Wallopers indeed.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22808 on: April 13, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »

In summary.

Some nasty people in the labour party have said bad things about other people in the labour party say some nasty people in the labour party who have spent the last five years saying bad things about other people in the labour party.

Good on Keir for trying to bring both sides into his cabinet.  Bringing in both sides means inviting centrists as well as lefties, duh.  Wallopers indeed.

'm sure it's germane but I don't have a clue what you just said. In other news, the sky is blue

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22809 on: April 13, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

In summary.

'm sure it's germane but I don't have a clue what you just said. In other news, the sky is blue

The sun also rises and oranges are not the only fruit.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22810 on: April 19, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »

Cheesy

Labour still clowning around I see.....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/19/labour-party-financial-peril-keir-starmer-members-leaked-report
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22811 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »

A heavyweight silk vs a real life Lionel Hutz at PMQ’s.

[/url][youtube] https://youtu.be/dqN41aEzVCM[youtube][/url]

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #22812 on: April 22, 2020, 01:13:07 PM »

I listened to this with some interest. Starmer is a clearly a seasoned politician and has a more forensic approach to that of Corbyn. I don’t see how your Simpsons video is relevant though.

He got his wider points across well, but the truth is that the circumstances cry out for a co-operative approach and to hide behind a cloak of ‘constructive criticism’ as you attempt to generalise from isolated individual cases is in no way helpful.

Obviously a Starmer led government would have had a secret store of tests in place for Covid19 ready to roll on the day it hit the country.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22813 on: April 22, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »

I listened to this with some interest. Starmer is a clearly a seasoned politician and has a more forensic approach to that of Corbyn. I don’t see how your Simpsons video is relevant though.

He got his wider points across well, but the truth is that the circumstances cry out for a co-operative approach and to hide behind a cloak of ‘constructive criticism’ as you attempt to generalise from isolated individual cases is in no way helpful.

Obviously a Starmer led government would have had a secret store of tests in place for Covid19 ready to roll on the day it hit the country.

The video is just a jokey reference (they are both lawyers) to the fact that Keir was a top top QC and by comparison Raab’s credentials as a lawyer are rather similar to those possessed by Lionel Hutz.

The second point is tired Woodsey/Mantis type nonsense. The modern political divide is at least partly characterised by believing in public investment or not believing in public investment. Of course you’d be in a better position to deal with a pandemic if you had a bigger and better funded public sector. Just the 100,000 or so shortage of NHS staff tells us this. They can’t run the Nightingale in London because they don’t have enough nurses. 41 patients treated so far, 50 rejected due to staffing shortages.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22814 on: April 22, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »

The video is just a jokey reference (they are both lawyers) to the fact that Keir was a top top QC and by comparison Raab’s credentials as a lawyer are rather similar to those possessed by Lionel Hutz.

The second point is tired Woodsey/Mantis type nonsense. The modern political divide is at least partly characterised by believing in public investment or not believing in public investment. Of course you’d be in a better position to deal with a pandemic if you had a bigger and better funded public sector. Just the 100,000 or so shortage of NHS staff tells us this. They can’t run the Nightingale in London because they don’t have enough nurses. 41 patients treated so far, 50 rejected due to staffing shortages.

Your probably going to have a Tory government for the rest of your life......get used to it and stop whining.
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 1524 1525 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: